NBA suspends Arenas over guns in locker

NBA suspends Arenas over guns in locker

There are 51 comments on the Manawatu Evening Standard story from Jan 6, 2010, titled NBA suspends Arenas over guns in locker. In it, Manawatu Evening Standard reports that:

NBA commissioner David Stern indefinitely suspended Gilbert Arenas without pay Wednesday, saying the Washington Wizards guard is "not currently fit to take the court." Stern also warned that Arenas' conduct will "ultimately result in a substantial suspension, and perhaps worse." Arenas is under investigation by federal and local authorities after ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Manawatu Evening Standard.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cronox II

Boca Raton, FL

#2 Jan 7, 2010
Maybe the team's name should go back to being the Washington Bullets!

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

#3 Jan 7, 2010
They should suspend the thug forever !!

If the white people stayed home there would be no NBA...period
t gizzle

Waterloo, Canada

#4 Jan 7, 2010
Another idiot adding to the stereotypes....he will now probably use the excuse he was raised in the ghetto and he needs guns to protect himself....bullcrap!!!! These clowns need to take some damn responsibility for once!
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#5 Jan 7, 2010
Thug?nah,Javaris is the thug,he had a gun too,why aint no one paying him no mind?he was involve too.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#6 Jan 7, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
Thug?nah,Javaris is the thug,he had a gun too,why aint no one paying him no mind?he was involve too.
Because he wasnt the one who brought them out with the intent for a recreation of the OK Corral..Athletes have guns,at least the ones with loads of money if you didnt you would be dumb.
Tiffany

Bronx, NY

#7 Jan 7, 2010
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he wasnt the one who brought them out with the intent for a recreation of the OK Corral..Athletes have guns,at least the ones with loads of money if you didnt you would be dumb.
Well Gilbert didnt intent to hurt anyone,I cant imagine wanna shoot somebody up over a dispute so little,he has more class than that,and there's Javaris Crittenton,who ALSO had a GUN.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#8 Jan 7, 2010
Tiffany,Arenas brought his out and laid them before his counterpart and dared him to react.The others involved were simply bystanders..get it

NBA players are allowed to own guns but to challenge another person with them crosses the line.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#9 Jan 7, 2010
Not to mention Arenas mocked the NBA's "rules" by using his fingers as pistols in the next nights game.

If you think he's a saint..then you need to grow up as well.
SharkBite

Warrenton, VA

#10 Jan 7, 2010
When is he going to pull out the race card and blame the big bad white man
t gizzle

Waterloo, Canada

#11 Jan 7, 2010
Tiffany...I suppose u know Gilbert personally....just like we all knew Tiger....he has class too.....right???
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#15 Jan 8, 2010
triple6vamp wrote:
Tiffany,Arenas brought his out and laid them before his counterpart and dared him to react.The others involved were simply bystanders..get it
NBA players are allowed to own guns but to challenge another person with them crosses the line.
Well i wanna not to belive it,but i guess it is what it is,but im still stuck on how Javaris was not suspended,he had a gun too,any other players who had guns,got suspended,fined,or somthing.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#16 Jan 8, 2010
t gizzle wrote:
Tiffany...I suppose u know Gilbert personally....just like we all knew Tiger....he has class too.....right???
Nah,i wish i did,but yeah he has class,what he did was an honest mistake.
t gizzle

Waterloo, Canada

#17 Jan 8, 2010
Tiffany.....you are so na´ve.....you just don't get it....probably a young girl with a crush.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#18 Jan 8, 2010
t gizzle wrote:
Tiffany.....you are so na´ve.....you just don't get it....probably a young girl with a crush.
Nah,im young,but i do indeed know what Gilbert did was wrong,and hes one of my favorite players,so as soon as i hear somthing bad about one of my favorite players,i be tryna not to hear it but,people keep screaming it in my ear,im just saying hes a good guy who did'nt mean any harm.
t gizzle

Waterloo, Canada

#19 Jan 8, 2010
"I be tryna not hear"????? That comment alone says a lot about your intelligence...
barryO

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 Jan 8, 2010
t gizzle wrote:
"I be tryna not hear"????? That comment alone says a lot about your intelligence...
Rovebot!
Primetime

United States

#21 Jan 8, 2010
And this is why nobody watches basketball.
Keep reaching for that rainbow fellas.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#22 Jan 9, 2010
t gizzle wrote:
Lighten up T,this is a forum not a letter tto the president.

“Ave Satanas”

Bratislava, Slovakia

#23 Jan 9, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Lighten up T,this is a forum not a letter tto the president.
Smarten up this is a discussion about thugs and athletes.
Tiffany

Hicksville, NY

#24 Jan 9, 2010
triple6vamp wrote:
<quoted text>
Smarten up this is a discussion about thugs and athletes.
Watch your mouth,this is a friendly discussion about basketball players.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Washington Wizards Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nate McMillan should dare to be weird Sep '17 TritpiPharterz 6
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Feb '17 Phartham 34
News Kings Mystified By Wizards, 113-99 (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 3
News Bismack Biyombo ties weird Raptors record in ex... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News Trade with the Houston Rockets (Nov '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 2
News Wizards show promise (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today (Sep '14) Sep '14 zelda 1
More from around the web