Timberwolves enjoy a rare laugher at the expense of no-name Raptors

Without checking a box score or scanning the Internet, can you name five players on the Toronto Raptors? In addition to having one of the NBA's five worst records, the Raptors could be the league's most anonymous team. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#1 Jan 30, 2011
Please, Mr. Richardson, learn the definition of the word infamous. It isn't a complimentary adjective. It means famous for having done something negative, not positive.

Fun to watch the guys have a good time and have the game put away by the time the 3rd quarter was over.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#2 Jan 30, 2011
Man was Toronto ever bad last night. Shot after shot clanked off the rim. It was nice to see the woofies benefit from someone else having a bad game for once.

Flynn played his best game of the season, hitting a couple of outside shots, delivering some nice passes, and pretty much taking care of the ball. Wes followed up his nice game at Utah with another solid game, and even took it to the rack a couple of times.
Maybe Wes has finally developed enough confidence in his ability to put it on the floor and finish inside that he will start to show that side of his game more and more.

Good to see Love, Beasley, Ridnour, and Darko get a breather. It is a long season and you need a laugher as often as possible.

While the Win-Loss record doesn't reveal it, this team has played so much better than last year. They are still a bad team, but last year they were awful. I expect wins to come with greater frequency the remainder of the season. My guess is they finish up with around 22 wins, provided Love stays healthy.

I sure hope that "just another day in winnersville" guy doesn't show up just to rub this "W" in our faces.
Matt

Toronto, Canada

#3 Jan 30, 2011
Both teams are dreadful... To be fair though, Toronto was missing 3 of their better players Reggie Evans, Barbosa and Linas Kleiza). At least the Wolves looked like they were putting the effort in on both sides of the ball and desevered the win.
See you at the draft!
smartie

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jan 30, 2011
The NBA can easily contract out about a half dozen unproductive, underachieving teams. The Wolves should be included in that mess.
Moops

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jan 30, 2011
Nice opening to the article. That's how every other city in the NBA feels about the Timberwolves.
Mike L

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2011
Moops wrote:
Nice opening to the article. That's how every other city in the NBA feels about the Timberwolves.
Good one. So when the Wolves visited the Knicks in New York, nobody knew who Kevin Love (31/31), Michael Beasley (2nd pick in 2008 draft), Darko Milicic (played for the Knicks), Wes Johnson (Syracuse), Jonny Flynn (See Wes Johnson), Sebastian Telfair (Played for knicks and grew up there), or even Luke Ridour (7 years in NBA). Heck, the Knicks even want Ricky Rubio.

NBA fans (real ones anyway) know who the Timberwolves are.

You want to talk trash about the Wolves, that's fine. But at least know what you are talking about before you post this kind of unintelligent garbage.
Mike L

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2011
smartie wrote:
The NBA can easily contract out about a half dozen unproductive, underachieving teams. The Wolves should be included in that mess.
Again, we're all laughing. It was the "cool" thing to make fun of the Timberwolves this past summer and even the beginning of the season. But the Wolves are gaining the respect of a lot of teams by playing hard, playing tough, and pushing some of the better teams in the NBA. Even ESPN's Marc Stein has stopped all of the Kahn/Wolves bashing and started to look at the positives.

Yes, the Wolves don't close out games and that's fine if you want to rip them for that. But I just don't understand the point of this continuing ignorance by so many people on these forums.
LargeBabyDavis

Scarborough, Canada

#8 Jan 30, 2011
DeMar DeRozan is known from the dunk contest and Alabi is a rookie. Why would you even include him on the list. I can only name 3 1/2 Twolves: Beasly, Love, Darko The Bust, and Rubio.

People are more likely to find Toronto on the map than your small rural village.
hmmmm

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Jan 30, 2011
So basically what you are saying is the only team the Wolves can beat is a team full of rookies? So basically a really sucky team was beat by a slightly less sucky team....
That Guy

Brownwood, TX

#10 Jan 30, 2011
I can't name the five starters on the Wolves either...and I live here.
Nothappy2paymore

Kansas City, MO

#11 Jan 30, 2011
I can't name 2 members of the Timberwolves and I live in Minnesota. The only hope for this team is contraction, or mercy.
Moops

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Mike L wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one. So when the Wolves visited the Knicks in New York, nobody knew who Kevin Love (31/31), Michael Beasley (2nd pick in 2008 draft), Darko Milicic (played for the Knicks), Wes Johnson (Syracuse), Jonny Flynn (See Wes Johnson), Sebastian Telfair (Played for knicks and grew up there), or even Luke Ridour (7 years in NBA). Heck, the Knicks even want Ricky Rubio.
NBA fans (real ones anyway) know who the Timberwolves are.
You want to talk trash about the Wolves, that's fine. But at least know what you are talking about before you post this kind of unintelligent garbage.
Has beens and never weres.
Please

Farmington, MN

#13 Jan 30, 2011
No I can't name 5 Raptors. Even more of a joke, I can't name 5 Timberwolves
JBB1

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jan 30, 2011
Here we go again. T-Wolves are BAD but not the WORST & will again not get a top pick. Lose out!
JBB1

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Jan 30, 2011
LargeBabyDavis wrote:
People are more likely to find Toronto on the map than your small rural village.
If Toronto is so great, why is everyone leaving there to come here? I bet I live by more ex-Canadians than you live by ex-Americans. And it isn't even close.
TC Florida

Cocoa Beach, FL

#16 Jan 30, 2011
Thank goodness the Wolves are no longer the bottom of the barrel though they still have a front row view of it!
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#17 Jan 30, 2011
So those of you who can't name 5 Timberwolves just commented on the articie without having read it - because at the very least, 7 of them were named there.

Plus that - how does someone from Scarborough come off calling the Twin Cities a little rural village?

Granted, we didn't beat the Lakers or the Celtics last night, but at least we won the game by a decent margin.
Wilbert

Oakville, Canada

#18 Jan 30, 2011
At least I have faith that the raptors will win some games unlike the timberwolves that can only win games againest an injured team.
Timberwoes

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Jan 30, 2011
The Raptors wanted the Ping Pong balls more than the Wolves is all it boils down to.
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#20 Jan 31, 2011
Starting to work toward the lottery in January is a pretty rotten way to get your present team to view themselves as anything but consummate losers and I don't think this team is composed of loser players. Tell Love to start tanking games and see how well that goes for you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toronto Raptors Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul '14 wertgh 2
NBA Free Agency Day 2: Carmelo Anthony Gets Win... Jul '14 shahrukhsklove 1
Lakers Free-Agency News: Lance Stephenson, Kyle... May '14 jasssy 5
Raptors bow out of playoffs, but Toronto fans p... May '14 play 1
After Donald Sterling's latest racist outburst,... May '14 The Water Bouy 6
(NBA) Raptors' Ross to defend Slam Dunk title (Feb '14) Feb '14 love deep 2
NBA Capsules (Jan '14) Jan '14 believe you me 1
•••
•••

Toronto Raptors People Search