Timberwolves whistles for five technicals in 10 seconds in 107-96 loss to San Antonio

The Timberwolves just couldn't take it anymore. All the blown fourth-quarter leads, the injuries, the defensive lapses, the failures to execute a play in late-game situations ... all the things that have gone wrong in what was supposed to be an uplifting season reached a level of frustration rarely seen in an NBA game. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mauers equal Assswipes

Saint Paul, MN

#22 Jan 12, 2011
The Mauers have been known as a-holes in St. Paul for generations. My parents and Inlaws all have thought this of Mauers for 80 years. And considering Ken Jr. here was in prison for tax fraud, I'm surprised the NBA allowed him ever allowed him back as a ref. Stealing from Good Morning Vietnam, "Joes dad You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.". Maybe one of Joes boytoys can help
Spurs Fan

United States

#23 Jan 12, 2011
I saw this game, and honestly, aside from what the non-call on Blair fouling Love, and what Rambis may have said or didn't say, those techs on Brewer and Darko were well-deserved.

I counted three times where Darko was called for a foul, and he runs (literally RUNS) away from the ref! That's just asking for a tech.

And the foul on Manu that evoked the first T on Brewer? Just check out the replay. He obviously grabbed Manu's shoulder! Why is he yapping?

Love had an argument on Blair's stripping of the ball, but there were a few non-calls that went against the Spurs too.

Bottom line, Mauer probably got tired of the Wolves crying, and hit them with a T to rein them in. Wolves shoulda got the message after the first 1 or 2.
Spurs Fan

United States

#24 Jan 12, 2011
Mike L, have the b___s to provide a real opinion. Same to M=A. In sum:

T'Wolves = East European whiners
Spurs = 4 Rings and counting

God obviously does not love the T'Wolves or the people of Minnesota. Just sayin'
Rorajamo

Monticello, MN

#25 Jan 12, 2011
Spurs Fan wrote:
Love had an argument on Blair's stripping of the ball, but there were a few non-calls that went against the Spurs too.
I couldn't agree more and that's part of the arguement. The officiating by NBA referees is all over the place, from traveling to who does or doesn't get called for fouls and which calls they decide to call or not call. It's ridiculous. In last nights game, I saw blatently obvious calls that were not called while they were blowing the whistle for ticky-tack stuff. That's a huge reason why people refuse to watch the NBA and I think more and more players are getting tired of the inconsistency as well.
pretty sad

Coeur D Alene, ID

#26 Jan 12, 2011
The lack of respect from the refs is a huge part of what is holding this team back mentally. Every team has a right to complain about the refs but that's a huge problem in itself. I'm still hung up on that made up foul the Spurs rookie (ROOKIE!) got at the end of the 2nd game they played this season that costed the Wolves the game. Brewer was basically "invading the personal space" or something I guess while that rookie was taking a 3 point shot. I had to turn the tv off after that. It's very depressing for a player or fan to go through an entire game to see it go down the drain based on a ref's BS call. I'm so sick of Stern I could puke...he should have been out of power 10 years ago.
Mike L

United States

#27 Jan 12, 2011
Spurs Fan wrote:
Mike L, have the b___s to provide a real opinion. Same to M=A. In sum:
T'Wolves = East European whiners
Spurs = 4 Rings and counting
God obviously does not love the T'Wolves or the people of Minnesota. Just sayin'
My real opinion is that the Spurs did a great job this year of changing their offense to be more up-tempo. At first I didn't think it would go well because the team is on the older side. But Tim Duncan showed up in great shape and Tony Parker, RJ and Manu can play in almost any offensive system. My hatred (now sarcasm) for the Spurs goes back to the good days of Duncan vs KG. But I do respect the heck out of the Spurs.
Lou Alcindor

Minneapolis, MN

#28 Jan 12, 2011
So now do they have two records in the NBA? One for most losses in a season, and now most technicals in shortest period of time?
pretty sad

Coeur D Alene, ID

#29 Jan 12, 2011
Lou Alcindor wrote:
So now do they have two records in the NBA? One for most losses in a season, and now most technicals in shortest period of time?
If the Wolves only manage 1 more win the rest of the season they would hold the record for most losses. It is currently held by the Sixers of 11.

Lou Alcindor is a joke btw....suing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of Miami Dolphins fame for likeness naming rights. If that were the case there would be a ton of Steve Smith's suing each other. What a loser.
Spurs Fan

United States

#30 Jan 12, 2011
Wow, Mike L--my apologies. Truth is, Love and the T'Wolves have a great young team, but I don't think Rambis is the coach who will lead them out of the woods.

Case in point, last night why didn't he call a timeout and tell his guys to shutup and just play. They were clearly in the game at that point.

Spurs swept the Lakers in 1999 with Bryant and Shaq. In 2001, Lakers swept Spurs with Bryant and Shaq--only difference? Jackson instead of Rambis.

Maybe next year you can pry Budenholzer away from Pop's bench.
Mike L

United States

#31 Jan 12, 2011
pretty sad wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Wolves only manage 1 more win the rest of the season they would hold the record for most losses. It is currently held by the Sixers of 11.
Lou Alcindor is a joke btw....suing Kareem Abdul-Jabbar of Miami Dolphins fame for likeness naming rights. If that were the case there would be a ton of Steve Smith's suing each other. What a loser.
Ah, I believe the 72-73 sixers were 9-73...
Mike L

United States

#32 Jan 12, 2011
Spurs Fan wrote:
Wow, Mike L--my apologies. Truth is, Love and the T'Wolves have a great young team, but I don't think Rambis is the coach who will lead them out of the woods.
Case in point, last night why didn't he call a timeout and tell his guys to shutup and just play. They were clearly in the game at that point.
Spurs swept the Lakers in 1999 with Bryant and Shaq. In 2001, Lakers swept Spurs with Bryant and Shaq--only difference? Jackson instead of Rambis.
Maybe next year you can pry Budenholzer away from Pop's bench.
I don't think he's the coach for us either. When Rambis got thrown out last night, the team looked as if their Dad was out of town for the weekend with Mom watching them. They played loose and didn't have to look over their shoulders or hear "the wrath of Kurt".

Sorry for the poor example, it's the best I could come up with. And why am I talking T-Wolves with a Spurs fan?:-P
Jerry B

Hudson, WI

#33 Jan 12, 2011
Mauers equal Assswipes wrote:
The Mauers have been known as a-holes in St. Paul for generations. My parents and Inlaws all have thought this of Mauers for 80 years. And considering Ken Jr. here was in prison for tax fraud, I'm surprised the NBA allowed him ever allowed him back as a ref. Stealing from Good Morning Vietnam, "Joes dad You are in more dire need of a blowjob than any white man in history.". Maybe one of Joes boytoys can help
The next time you quote that line from Good Morning Vietnam, please make sure I'm not taking a sip of anything. It caused me to spray my monitor. Nice post
Adam

Saint Paul, MN

#34 Jan 12, 2011
Ken Mauer - go cash in some more plane tickets. At least you are good at that...
johnny

Eden Prairie, MN

#35 Jan 12, 2011
Start Webster At The TWO!!!
Politically Incorrect

Saint Paul, MN

#36 Jan 12, 2011
Maxtable wrote:
<quoted text>
You need a new Shtick. This one is played.
There in lies the problem. You have a mo ron who can't come up with anything better.
Jimbo

Minneapolis, MN

#37 Jan 13, 2011
pretty sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the Timberwolves need a new Stadium?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... Sep '14 tedeze 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... May '14 R Caldwell 1
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return May '14 Emily 1

San Antonio Spurs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE