Several NBA rookies are stepping into...

Several NBA rookies are stepping into prominent roles this year

There are 6 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Several NBA rookies are stepping into prominent roles this year. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

I t used to be all about baby steps for NBA rookies. The idea was to bring them along slowly and ease them into the grind of the 82-game marathon NBA season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

The Living Tribunal

Miami, FL

#1 Dec 7, 2008
It'll be between Rose and Mayo. I think Orlando got a steal with Lee, hopefully he'll develop and Orlando doesn't trade him. He's got a good-looking jumper and plays defense, may be a young Bruce Bowen in the making.
LMAO

AOL

#2 Dec 8, 2008
Over here I still think Courtney Love should be Jameers #1 backup. He could eventually take over the job if the "good ole boy" network in Orlando would allow him.

Dont forget to vote for Otis Smith to be traded to Obama so as to become Secretary of WhiteHouse Basketball Operations and backup bodyguard to Reggie Love.

:)
mydrick taylor

Hollywood, FL

#3 Dec 8, 2008
yea alot of rookies are playing great but oj mayo as well as beasley and i say if the heat gets 40 or more wins this year i say beasley wins rookie of the year

Since: Apr 08

Worcester, UK

#4 Dec 9, 2008
As the rookie year of Dwight showed, team success doesn't win you rookie of the year. This award is down to the individual. But yeah, this year is a closer and more interesting race than we've seen for some time.
marko

Orlando, FL

#5 Dec 9, 2008
well, iti stime for courtney lee to really step up his game..i am not bashing him.but we drafted him hi,and we despeartely need a 2 gaurd who can carry the load every night..he has the talent!does he have the mojo or heart?the magic need more fast break points,more slashing to the basket,steals,everything at the 2 spot...he could help this team reach another level!
marko

Orlando, FL

#6 Dec 9, 2008
i seen beasley play,he is the real deal..he is balling..i will not comment on others yet..i did see rose play,he has serious game..these two guys are impressive.i will hold my judgment on mayo just yet!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Simmons and 76ers come up short in NBA Oct '17 Fart Stains 2
News Kawhi Leonard scores 21 points as Spurs topple ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 TopplePhartsc 1
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... (Apr '15) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) Jan '15 Sadie 2
News Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... (Sep '14) Sep '14 tedeze 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
More from around the web