First To Five: Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

First To Five: Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

There are 410 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Jul 1, 2009, titled First To Five: Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring first: Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan... by Mark Brown 5 140 reads Preview/Prediction I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#386 Oct 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
TMD _ Is Indiana going to take their loss to Michigan last week out on the Buckeyes tomorrow or what say you?
WB - All I could find was Welker is "iffy" against Ravens. However, the Pats picked up 355 lb 6'8" defensive linesman Terdell Sands to sub for Wilfork (ankle). Sands played with Moss and Burgess at Raids.
HiLite - Go to uTube and check out Ryan Clark's hit on Welker!
Still Iffy, game time decision. Wilfork and mayo have resumed practice as well.

Read this on Twitter minutes ago:

Junior Seau repeated this week that he would be willing to return to the Patriots as early as November, and the linebacker-thin Patriots are considering the possibility after putting Seau through a physical.

The physical came while Seau was in Boston this week to film an episode of his upcoming television show "Sports Jobs with Junior Seau," which was a pre-planned trip.

That the Patriots still have Seau on their radar is not surprising, given the mutual admiration between the sides and the team's lack of depth at linebacker.

Seau has said that he would only return to the NFL with the Patriots because of his relationship with coach Bill Belichick and the Kraft family. In an interview with ESPNBoston.com on Thursday, the 40-year-old Seau referred to the Patriots as "we" and "us."

In his brief stop in town, in which he was serving as an equipment manager with the NHL's Washington Capitals, Seau relayed that he heard support from fans who heard he was willing to return to the Patriots as early as November if they needed him.

"A lot of them tell me they are counting down the days," he said.

The Patriots have been hit hard by injuries at linebacker, forcing them to move away from their standard 3-4 alignment and play more 4-3 schemes. They lost third-round draft choice Tyrone McKenzie to a torn ACL in May, second-year player Shawn Crable (groin) was placed on season-ending injured reserve Sept. 5, and 2008 leading tackler Jerod Mayo has missed the last two games after spraining his right MCL in the season opener.

Seau returned to the Patriots last December when the team had a run of injuries at linebacker, and played in the final four games of the season, providing an emotional spark as the team strung together four straight wins before falling short of a playoff berth. If he returns, the 2009 season would mark his 20th in the NFL.
Water Boy

Stanton, CA

#387 Oct 4, 2009
Galloway inactive today....Hmmmm

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#388 Oct 4, 2009
Hey WB......looks like I'm only going to get to see Browns/Bengals. I might just get the Pats game on the radio while I do yard work, not quite the same. I called AT&T back to check on their U-Verse. Their standard line has turned into "Call us back in a month".
Galloway got benched? They were really ripping on him in Boston's local publications earlier this week. Bet you're glad he's out.
Have you seen that Terdell Sands????? That dude is huge, like having an extra player on the field. All these injuries are making me nervous, like what is going to happen next? The Ravens defense has me worried.

Akron, Ohio

#389 Oct 4, 2009
Is Junior Seau going to be in shape to play? Aren't you more prone to injuries if you are not in tip top condition? It does seem like the Pats are struggling to stay healthy. I didn't realize that they had to change their alignment. I will be glad when everything gets back on track.
I forgot to tell ya, Welker worked out with the team Friday......that's a good sign.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Since: Dec 06

Columbus, Ohio

#390 Oct 4, 2009
Despite seriously questionable officiating, Indiana Fever win game 3 of WNBA Finals 86-85, and take a 2-1 lead.

Hoffman leads Fever with 18 points, including the game-winner, a 3 that's called a 2, with 57 seconds left. Phoenix's Smith had her jumper partially blocked from the foul line as time expired.

Game 4: Phoenix Mercury @ Indiana Fever, Wednesday, October 7, 7:30pm, ESPN2.

CHAMPIONSHIP TIME!! GO FEVER!!!

Akron, Ohio

#391 Oct 5, 2009
TMD wrote:
Despite seriously questionable officiating, Indiana Fever win game 3 of WNBA Finals 86-85, and take a 2-1 lead.
Hoffman leads Fever with 18 points, including the game-winner, a 3 that's called a 2, with 57 seconds left. Phoenix's Smith had her jumper partially blocked from the foul line as time expired.
Game 4: Phoenix Mercury @ Indiana Fever, Wednesday, October 7, 7:30pm, ESPN2.
CHAMPIONSHIP TIME!! GO FEVER!!!
Whoa, Wednesday they could seal the deal? I will try to catch that one. Your teams are riding high, especially those 4-0 Colts. tOSU and T Pryor looking better, while Michigan drops off the radar screen. I heard Pats won....couldn't get it on tv or radio. Cavs have their 1st preseason game tomorrow night vs Charlotte. At long last, basketball begins.

Akron, Ohio

#392 Oct 7, 2009
WB/TMD......W'sup tonight? How did your b ball teams do on their first exibition? I've been working alot, but trying to keep up with it all. Please do not go by whoever is judging. I tell you both straight up and outright what I'm thinking. You 2 are the best.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#393 Oct 8, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
WB/TMD......W'sup tonight? How did your b ball teams do on their first exibition? I've been working alot, but trying to keep up with it all. Please do not go by whoever is judging. I tell you both straight up and outright what I'm thinking. You 2 are the best.
I'm not worried about the "judge-it". I just hate that I got into it with WB. We were doing so well, and I kind of liked hearing about the NFL from a west coast point of view.

The ladies from Indiana had a huge letdown and let game 4 slip away. After tieing the game up at 59 all midway thru the 3rd, the Mercury go on an 11-0 run to take a lead they would not relinquish. The Fever shot a dismal 2-13 in the 4th. Very strange period. The whole team seemed to be sluggish and hesitant.

Catchings had her usual evening, 24 pts, 12 reb, 4 asst, 4 stl, but Douglas went into hiding with a terrible night of 7pts, 4 reb, 4 asst. Can't win with those kind of numbers from your starting shooting guard.

Next game is for all the enchiladas:

Championship Game: Indiana @ Phoenix, Friday, 10/9, 9pm

GO FEVER!!!

Akron, Ohio

#394 Oct 8, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not worried about the "judge-it". I just hate that I got into it with WB. We were doing so well, and I kind of liked hearing about the NFL from a west coast point of view.
The ladies from Indiana had a huge letdown and let game 4 slip away. After tieing the game up at 59 all midway thru the 3rd, the Mercury go on an 11-0 run to take a lead they would not relinquish. The Fever shot a dismal 2-13 in the 4th. Very strange period. The whole team seemed to be sluggish and hesitant.
Catchings had her usual evening, 24 pts, 12 reb, 4 asst, 4 stl, but Douglas went into hiding with a terrible night of 7pts, 4 reb, 4 asst. Can't win with those kind of numbers from your starting shooting guard.
Next game is for all the enchiladas:
Championship Game: Indiana @ Phoenix, Friday, 10/9, 9pm
GO FEVER!!!
'sup tonight?

I watched most of the 2nd half of that Fever/Mercury game. You're right, their shooting wasn't as good as the previous game. Going on the road to take the win and championship is going to be tough. But they seem like a tough bunch of girls and they've gotten this far. They should just go all out.

Did you get to watch any Pacers preseason games this week? I'm just curious with all the moves that took place exactly how everything is going to come together. Cavs lookin pretty good. They played EVERYBODY (17 players) just a little bit each.

I'm sure you and WB will be ok. You both have mutual respect for each other. He's a very fair minded person and gives us our space to vent. When he wants to vent, we give him his space. You both have very good judgement and knowledge of b ball and f ball. I just love reading all your posts. I get 2 of the best perspectives, east and west! And the funniest thing about it is, you both put up with me. lol

Akron, Ohio

#395 Oct 10, 2009
TMD - Sorry Fever lost last night. I thought they were going to go for it after that 3rd quarter of play!
Badgers vs Buckeyes today. Pryor only had 4 interceptions all last year and he's already got 5 so far this year. Hope he's focused today. Are you going to the game? Go Buckeyes!

Akron, Ohio

#396 Oct 10, 2009
WB - Where the hell are you? lol We got Pats at Broncos tomorrow. Count on Pats changing their play calling because of McDaniels being with Denver. Not sure if Taylor will play (ankle). Burgess signed with Ravens. Isn't that where he came from prior to Pats? Pats signed Bruce Davis (3rd round Steeler pick on special teams). Pittsburgh had waived him at the start of the season. That's about all I got. Go Pats!

Akron, Ohio

#398 Oct 16, 2009
TMD - You ok? Just thought I would check in. Hope you aren't down with either one of the flu viruses. Cavs got sick from their vaccines. I guess better now in preseason than later on.
Buckeyes to play Purdue tomorrow. tOSU is ranked any where from 5th to 10th depending on which poll you follow. Purdue wasn't ranked on anything I could find. What do you think about Pryor's progress thus far?

Akron, Ohio

#399 Oct 16, 2009
Hi Tiffany, nice judge-its.

TMD

“Look! Up in the sky!”

Columbus, Ohio

#400 Oct 29, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
TMD - You ok? Just thought I would check in. Hope you aren't down with either one of the flu viruses. Cavs got sick from their vaccines. I guess better now in preseason than later on.
Buckeyes to play Purdue tomorrow. tOSU is ranked any where from 5th to 10th depending on which poll you follow. Purdue wasn't ranked on anything I could find. What do you think about Pryor's progress thus far?
I'm fine now. I've been under the weather and out of commission for about a week and a half.

I went to West Lafayette to watch the Purdue game. That was a miserable experience. All the frustration from so many years of being beat down by the Buckeyes bwas finally relieved by the Boilermaker Nation. Wow.

Pryor's progressions at that game were atrocious. I recognized weak-side blitzes, saftey help on the backside, and zone versus single coverage far more often than Pryor did.

I was ready to bench him for the season, then the Minnesota game happened. I don't know if he had an epiphany, or something just clicked in his head, but he actually started making the right reads. Maybe returning back to his high school progressions has helped him. It seems that Coach Tressel is now going to allow him to be a true option QB. Finally...

What's up with your Pats going crazy on the Titans? 45-0 by the half? Why in the heck was Brady playing in the second half. Does Bellichick just like to tempt fate? Don't they have a backup who could use some playing time?

More importantly, did Bellichick not learn anything from the 2007-08 season? There are guys on the football field who's jobs are much more physical than Brady's. You can't expect them to go full tilt for 19 games without wearing/burning them out. Had Bellichick taken his foot off the gas back in '07, Brady would have 4 rings. He's making the same mistake, again.

I expect the Saints to collapse somewhere around the 10th game for the same reason. Too much pressure to play flat out for too long.

The Colts have the exact opposite problem. The offense is so relaxed you'd think they were on vacation. I wish they would play with more of a sense of urgency. Crank it up!

Looks like Big Ben and the Steelers have righted the ship. It took them 5 games to figure out they are playing in a passing league. They will be tough to beat from this point on. There will be blood in the streets!!

Akron, Ohio

#402 Oct 29, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine now. I've been under the weather and out of commission for about a week and a half.
I went to West Lafayette to watch the Purdue game. That was a miserable experience. All the frustration from so many years of being beat down by the Buckeyes bwas finally relieved by the Boilermaker Nation. Wow.
Pryor's progressions at that game were atrocious. I recognized weak-side blitzes, saftey help on the backside, and zone versus single coverage far more often than Pryor did.
I was ready to bench him for the season, then the Minnesota game happened. I don't know if he had an epiphany, or something just clicked in his head, but he actually started making the right reads. Maybe returning back to his high school progressions has helped him. It seems that Coach Tressel is now going to allow him to be a true option QB. Finally...
What's up with your Pats going crazy on the Titans? 45-0 by the half? Why in the heck was Brady playing in the second half. Does Bellichick just like to tempt fate? Don't they have a backup who could use some playing time?
More importantly, did Bellichick not learn anything from the 2007-08 season? There are guys on the football field who's jobs are much more physical than Brady's. You can't expect them to go full tilt for 19 games without wearing/burning them out. Had Bellichick taken his foot off the gas back in '07, Brady would have 4 rings. He's making the same mistake, again.
I expect the Saints to collapse somewhere around the 10th game for the same reason. Too much pressure to play flat out for too long.
The Colts have the exact opposite problem. The offense is so relaxed you'd think they were on vacation. I wish they would play with more of a sense of urgency. Crank it up!
Looks like Big Ben and the Steelers have righted the ship. It took them 5 games to figure out they are playing in a passing league. They will be tough to beat from this point on. There will be blood in the streets!!
You're the only one I know who is harder on their teams than I am....but I try not to let it show. LOL tOSU better fine tune everything on NM ST, because Penn State is next on the check off list. Got to bring that ranking up a bit, hey?

Pats/Titans were not matched up good. I've only seen 2 Pats games this season, that wasn't one of them. Not sure why he kept Brady in, maybe to just help him physically get back. Who knows?

I'm watching out for New Orleans. Why do you think they won't handle the pressure? May not be Brees year to get to post season, but he's young yet.

Glad to see you posting again. GO BUCKEYES

Location hidden

#403 Oct 29, 2009
Tim Duncan all the way!
Lakers Fan

Glen Head, NY

#404 Feb 18, 2010
lakers are the best team in the league
Truth

Granite City, IL

#405 Feb 18, 2010
Lakers Fan wrote:
lakers are the best team in the league
Would that be the Laker team that Ray Allen is lighting up right now?

Akron, Ohio

#406 Apr 3, 2010
All 3 of them are still in contention at this point in time.

I would say 1 of them has a slight edge.

Hmmm........
johnny

Bay Shore, NY

#407 May 7, 2010
SHAQ, has the best chance to get five rings, KOBE tell me how my ass taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) Jan '15 Sadie 2
News Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... (Sep '14) Sep '14 tedeze 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
News Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
More from around the web