First To Five: Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

Jul 1, 2009 Full story: Bleacher Report 410

I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring first: Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan... by Mark Brown 5 140 reads Preview/Prediction I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring ...

Full Story
thehumanhighligh treel

Ashland, MA

#21 Aug 3, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
HiLite, you all hot about the C's huh? Maybe they can do it. I just can't see Rasheed up there, but who knows, maybe that's their missing piece. KG going to be ready to roll? The east is going to be very interesting, IMO.
Who's you fave NFL team?? Don't know if I ever asked you that.
I like Rasheed up here. Can't wait to see Celtics Lakers games. Seriously think about it. Pierce and Artest is a super rivalry between players, if youve ever watched the two play eachother it gets heated.(Sorry LA fans, Pierce is Better though Lol) but Artest is no doubt a great addition. But KG, Perkins, Rasheed, Plus Artest and Kobe and Pierce and Artest going at eachother. I sense an extremely physical matchup with A MOUNTAIN of Technical Fouls. The east should definitely be interesting. I also like to watch the Bottom teams of the West like the Grizzlies, and others. Clippers and Sacramento will be interesting this year. In the east, im wondering if the Nets could make the playoffs.
Oh and my favorite NFL team is the New England Patriots. I dont often watch NFL but i do watch the Patriots. Pats vs Eagles is my prediction this year. Brady brings home NUMBER 4!
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#22 Aug 4, 2009
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
I like Rasheed up here. Can't wait to see Celtics Lakers games. Seriously think about it. Pierce and Artest is a super rivalry between players, if youve ever watched the two play eachother it gets heated.(Sorry LA fans, Pierce is Better though Lol) but Artest is no doubt a great addition. But KG, Perkins, Rasheed, Plus Artest and Kobe and Pierce and Artest going at eachother. I sense an extremely physical matchup with A MOUNTAIN of Technical Fouls. The east should definitely be interesting. I also like to watch the Bottom teams of the West like the Grizzlies, and others. Clippers and Sacramento will be interesting this year. In the east, im wondering if the Nets could make the playoffs.
Oh and my favorite NFL team is the New England Patriots. I dont often watch NFL but i do watch the Patriots. Pats vs Eagles is my prediction this year. Brady brings home NUMBER 4!
OMG! Not ANOTHER nor'easter!

Who would have thought that a Cavs forum would be full of Celts and Pats fans. How does that even happen!? Sam, you should have warned me about this lol!!

Hilite, I'm a tOSU grad who now lives in Indy, so you KNOW who I pull for. CFB is right around the corner - who's your team?
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#23 Aug 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
I will be missing Mike Vrabel. He went to the Chiefs with Cassel. He was from this part of Ohio, went to tOSU and I loved watching him play for the Pats.
I was with you right up to that last thought...

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#24 Aug 4, 2009
<quoted text>
Well, don't forget, Sheed doesn't even need a reason to go off on someone. If you all want to become the Bad Boys of the East,(I'm sure Ray Allen will still be throwing elbow jabs to groins), you'll have to compete with the Wizards still. lol
Yeah, alot of the east contenders made some upgrades. Anything can happen this season. I can't wait for it to start.

Glad to know Brady has yet another backer. Let's hope he gets the kinks out early on and that his offensive line starts doing a better job!
thehumanhighligh treel

Ashland, MA

#25 Aug 4, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG! Not ANOTHER nor'easter!
Who would have thought that a Cavs forum would be full of Celts and Pats fans. How does that even happen!? Sam, you should have warned me about this lol!!
Hilite, I'm a tOSU grad who now lives in Indy, so you KNOW who I pull for. CFB is right around the corner - who's your team?
I don't really have a CFB favorite team, im only 16. I just watch it all for fun, but my favorite to win it all this year, id have to say Florida. All starters on Defense back, thats seriously going to be hard to stop. favorite college basketball team though is far and away Kansas.

Akron, Ohio

#26 Aug 4, 2009
Just got this year's Cavs schedule. First game.......you guessed it Boston!

Sammy, then they play the Raps after that. lol

TMD, Cavs play Pacers November 20. Add that to our November list
thehumanhighligh treel

Ashland, MA

#27 Aug 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
Just got this year's Cavs schedule. First game.......you guessed it Boston!
Sammy, then they play the Raps after that. lol
TMD, Cavs play Pacers November 20. Add that to our November list
Celtics dont play Lakers till jan 31st, BS that is lol.. make me wait that long. But that first game against the cavs should definitely be interesting.
Sammy

Burlington, Canada

#28 Aug 4, 2009
<quoted text>
Shhh... youll give me away.
hahaha
Sammy

Burlington, Canada

#29 Aug 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
What I know about Raps: Got Turkey, kept Bosh, got J Jack, gave up Parker, Marion, Delfino, Nesterovic returned.
Not sure about: Kleiza from Denver?
Cavs may be looking at Leon Powe.
Summer so far, ranging between an A+ and an A+! Hate the heat, loving the temps this year. Just came in from pulling my waterfall pump out of the pond, which means trenching up the electrical also. Can't complain, I got 4 years out of a 2 year warranty. As you can tell it's my own honey-do week.
Bills with TO, I want to see this! He may be the 1st player to have played on every team in the NFL before he retires. lol
You forgot Antoine Wright too and new rookie De rozan.
WaterBoy

Stanton, CA

#30 Aug 4, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the kind words. I really do enjoy a vigorous conversation, whether a person agrees with me, or not. There's always the chance there's an angle or fact I am not aware of, or have overlooked. You never stop learning.
As far as the vet signings goes, I have to admit, I am mystified. Galloway and Taylor both feel they have a lot left and want to prove it.
Let's take a closer look at Galloway first. He's been one of my boys for a long, long time. As you probably already know, I'm a tOSU alum, and so I have followed Galloway throughout his entire career. He started with so much promise, but never really turned into the game-breaking threat of a Cris Carter or Randy Moss. Gifted, but not a game-breaker. He is now 37 and will turn 38 in November, during crunch time. He is nowhere near as fast as he once was and has become injury prone. I would say he, and Marvin Harrison are in the same boat. Both aging and well past there prime. Both coming off injuries that threatened to end their careers, and both having to learn new systems with different teams.
I would like to root for Joey and say everything will be just fine, but I can't. Even if he is used prmarily as a possession receiver, when will he play? Welker already has that job. He probably will start as the #2 receiver, after all, who else do the Pats have? How effective will he be? Well, he still runs great routes, but the CBs will be there waiting for him. I'm sorry to say the prognosis is not good...
Interesting analysis on Joey and fred TMD.
Iím also uncertain on Galloway. Heíll likely battle for the No. 3 WR job with Greg Lewis and also be considered an insurance policy for Randy Moss.He won't be any better than third on the depth chart and unlikely to see more than 40 catches or so.

I Do however, have Higher Hopes for Taylor. He had a mediocre season last year and only had 3.9 per rush, but the Jags had perhaps the worst O-Line in football (which was injury-plagued) and Jones-Drew had a letdown season as well, while poor David Garrard became good friends with the turf. I don't think you want to have him be a 25-carry back especially at his age (33), but I expect him to be a huge contributor for the Patriots.

As for the viable backup qb situation, Kraft said that heís not interested in Vick seeing as he's been MIA for quite some time but not at the possibility at him as a RB. Weve since released Matt Gutierrez and picked up Andrew Walter from Oakland.
Walter provides the Pats with a veteran QB with starting experience for a change. He is pretty talented but he was stuck playing in the Black Hole with no WRs and 3 different head coaches. Belichick says he was a gem hiding in the rough...time will tell though im told he may oust OíConnell for the number 2 spot..
Also, weíve picked up veteran defensive end Kevin Carter. At 6-6 and 305 pounds, he's never missed a game in his 14 year career, and has the prototypical size and strength for a 3-4 defensive end. He also adds some pass rush ability, meaning he could play on third downs.
Itís a little difficult to remain optimistic with the obvious age factor but I'll trust the organization as we seem to have the Midas touch in turning players around...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Akron, Ohio

#31 Aug 4, 2009
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot Antoine Wright too and new rookie De rozan.
Thanks, Sammy. I forgot em. Got them written down somewhere.
sammy

Burlington, Canada

#32 Aug 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Sammy. I forgot em. Got them written down somewhere.
Yea they got Cavs ranked #1 improved team this coming season

Akron, Ohio

#33 Aug 4, 2009
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Yea they got Cavs ranked #1 improved team this coming season
I wonder how they come up with a ranking when teams haven't even had preseason games yet. Are they just going by who was acquired?
Sammy

Burlington, Canada

#34 Aug 4, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how they come up with a ranking when teams haven't even had preseason games yet. Are they just going by who was acquired?
Yes and so typical. How would anyone know. Any of these additions could fall and break their toe nail and its over.
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#35 Aug 5, 2009
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes and so typical. How would anyone know. Any of these additions could fall and break their toe nail and its over.
So true. Most of the talking heads, and myself, are picking the Lakers to repeat, but if Odom, Artest, or Kobe go down, it's over.
TMD

Brownsburg, IN

#36 Aug 5, 2009
WaterBoy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting analysis on Joey and fred TMD.
Iím also uncertain on Galloway. Heíll likely battle for the No. 3 WR job with Greg Lewis and also be considered an insurance policy for Randy Moss.He won't be any better than third on the depth chart and unlikely to see more than 40 catches or so.
I Do however, have Higher Hopes for Taylor. He had a mediocre season last year and only had 3.9 per rush, but the Jags had perhaps the worst O-Line in football (which was injury-plagued) and Jones-Drew had a letdown season as well, while poor David Garrard became good friends with the turf. I don't think you want to have him be a 25-carry back especially at his age (33), but I expect him to be a huge contributor for the Patriots.
As for the viable backup qb situation, Kraft said that heís not interested in Vick seeing as he's been MIA for quite some time but not at the possibility at him as a RB. Weve since released Matt Gutierrez and picked up Andrew Walter from Oakland.
Walter provides the Pats with a veteran QB with starting experience for a change. He is pretty talented but he was stuck playing in the Black Hole with no WRs and 3 different head coaches. Belichick says he was a gem hiding in the rough...time will tell though im told he may oust OíConnell for the number 2 spot..
Also, weíve picked up veteran defensive end Kevin Carter. At 6-6 and 305 pounds, he's never missed a game in his 14 year career, and has the prototypical size and strength for a 3-4 defensive end. He also adds some pass rush ability, meaning he could play on third downs.
Itís a little difficult to remain optimistic with the obvious age factor but I'll trust the organization as we seem to have the Midas touch in turning players around...
I've heard talk about teams wanting to try Vick at WR, also. He wouldn't be the first QB to switch positions, although it is rather late in a career to do so.

With all of the time Dungy is spending with Vick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts took a chance on him. The backup they have right now is not very good, and the #3 guy is rookie Curtis Painter from Purdue. Vick would be an upgrade from either.
Sammy

Canada

#37 Aug 5, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. Most of the talking heads, and myself, are picking the Lakers to repeat, but if Odom, Artest, or Kobe go down, it's over.
Unlikely but possible yes

Akron, Ohio

#38 Aug 5, 2009
TMD wrote:
<quoted text>
I've heard talk about teams wanting to try Vick at WR, also. He wouldn't be the first QB to switch positions, although it is rather late in a career to do so.
With all of the time Dungy is spending with Vick, I wouldn't be surprised if the Colts took a chance on him. The backup they have right now is not very good, and the #3 guy is rookie Curtis Painter from Purdue. Vick would be an upgrade from either.
Good example for ya....Josh Cribs was Kent State's QB, currently runs kick off returns for Browns.(in negotiations right now) Guy is fast as hell!!!!! As far as Vick, I believe in ONE more chance, guy served his time, but if he even gets near another situation..........YOU finish that thought.
Bellichek ruled him out at first, but who knows what they're thinking?
Hey, sounds like a guy that would fit in with my ole Raids! lol lol

So, w'sup tonight.........I just love working overtime, don't y'all?
Sammy

Canada

#39 Aug 5, 2009
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Good example for ya....Josh Cribs was Kent State's QB, currently runs kick off returns for Browns.(in negotiations right now) Guy is fast as hell!!!!! As far as Vick, I believe in ONE more chance, guy served his time, but if he even gets near another situation..........YOU finish that thought.
Bellichek ruled him out at first, but who knows what they're thinking?
Hey, sounds like a guy that would fit in with my ole Raids! lol lol
So, w'sup tonight.........I just love working overtime, don't y'all?
NOT!!!..overtime..heck no..lol. I love my time too much at home over dough

Akron, Ohio

#40 Aug 5, 2009
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>NOT!!!..overtime..heck no..lol. I love my time too much at home over dough
I hear ya....what's this mandatory OT crap they're feeding me??? lol

So, with all the upgrades in the NBA so far, who are U thinking, very early on, I realize, is a contender for the finals in the East?

I'm just not sure that V Carter counter-balances what the C's and the Cavs have done, so I'm just inquiring around to get an opinions.......... all haters, please just stay at bay.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) Jan '15 Sadie 2
Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... Sep '14 tedeze 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
More from around the web