First To Five: Kobe, Shaq or Tim Duncan?

Jul 1, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring first: Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal or Tim Duncan... by Mark Brown 5 140 reads Preview/Prediction I was watching Pardon the Interruption a few days ago when I saw an interesting question posed: Who will win their fifth ring ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of410
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
daniel wilkins

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

lakers will win again
htownborn

Missouri City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

will being that the Lakers are the defending champ and just resigned Lamar Odem and signed Ron Artest I think i'll go with Kobe. Although the Spurs have ben making major moves getting RJ and signing veterns in McDyess and Raliff and drafting Blair so Duncan is still a contender. Shaq is the least likley to capture 5 first in my opinion, he is a good edition to the Cavs but I still don't see them winning it all but adding Moon and Parker along with Shaq might work but who knows will just to see when the season starts.
El Pistolero de Agua

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

Kobe, Gasol, Artest and Odom; with a stacked bench and coming from the top of the mountain, how could you HONESTLY choose against the Lakeshow?

While cleveland has made an obvious improvement in aquiring Shaqazoolu (over who?), its still not enough just yet and I dont believe the pairing between him and Lebron will win them a title next season.

The spurs also picked up some help but let's face it, their a team of injury ridden Dinosaurs.

With their depth, I can see the Lakers going for another 3 peat Easily.

Stay thirsty My friends....
TMD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2009

Judged:

LA wins Conference Finals 4-2 vs Spurs
LA wins Conference Finals 4-0 vs Denver

LA wins NBA Finals 4-0 vs Orlando
LA wins NBA Finals 4-1 vs Cavs
LA wins NBA Finals 4-2 vs Celts
El Pistolero de Agua

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2009

Judged:

TMD wrote:
LA wins Conference Finals 4-2 vs Spurs
LA wins Conference Finals 4-0 vs Denver
LA wins NBA Finals 4-0 vs Orlando
LA wins NBA Finals 4-1 vs Cavs
LA wins NBA Finals 4-2 vs Celts
Ahh TMD, My favorite Non-Patriot author from the NFL forums!

Well said. Although the season will most definitley be more interesting this coming season with the trades and such, youre take on the outcome is dead on. The celtics will be our biggest adversary.

still, Its BACK 2 BACK for the Lakers...
TMD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

El Pistolero de Agua wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh TMD, My favorite Non-Patriot author from the NFL forums!
Well said. Although the season will most definitley be more interesting this coming season with the trades and such, youre take on the outcome is dead on. The celtics will be our biggest adversary.
still, Its BACK 2 BACK for the Lakers...
Thanks. I've kept my monniker, but it appears you've changed yours. Is this B2B?

I saw you ripping on the guy from Denver in the Kobe vs Jordan forum. There seem to be so many really angry, clueless folks on these forums. I've tried my best to stay away from them.

The "Brady is overrated" forum just completely degenerated into infantile name-calling. I recently went back there to try to raise the level of discourse. Maybe we can get back to discussing sports, instead of dragging our personal lives (and invectives) through the forums just to defend our POVs.

Sigh...
WaterBoy

Stanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

Yes, Im B2B!

Although I changed it only for the NBA forums as to not leave a trail for the perverts that took over FH's moniker in the Brady Forum.

I got caught up in there as well and realizing this I just left for good...

As for the Denver guy, It was a long time coming since he trolls in there picking fights with those he feels smarter than like an E-bully so I had to let him have it...I didnt mean to be a drama queen though.

Anyway, Glad to see you here. Although Ive disagreed with you a mere 1% of the time and we support different teams, Ive always enjoyed your well thought out and intellegent posts.

So what do you make of the Pats this coming season?

You think were nuts signing vets Galloway and Taylor?

My concern is that creaky 'Ol Offensive line which noone seems to be talking about and respectively, another Marcus Pollard incident.

Man, I cant wait till kickoff, I Love basketball but Pro Football remains King supreme for me.
TMD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

WaterBoy wrote:
Anyway, Glad to see you here. Although Ive disagreed with you a mere 1% of the time and we support different teams, Ive always enjoyed your well thought out and intellegent posts.
My concern is that creaky 'Ol Offensive line which no one seems to be talking about and respectively, another Marcus Pollard incident.
Man, I cant wait till kickoff, I Love basketball but Pro Football remains King supreme for me.
Thanks for the kind words. I really do enjoy a vigorous conversation, whether a person agrees with me, or not. There's always the chance there's an angle or fact I am not aware of, or have overlooked. You never stop learning.
As far as the vet signings goes, I have to admit, I am mystified. Galloway and Taylor both feel they have a lot left and want to prove it.
Let's take a closer look at Galloway first. He's been one of my boys for a long, long time. As you probably already know, I'm a tOSU alum, and so I have followed Galloway throughout his entire career. He started with so much promise, but never really turned into the game-breaking threat of a Cris Carter or Randy Moss. Gifted, but not a game-breaker. He is now 37 and will turn 38 in November, during crunch time. He is nowhere near as fast as he once was and has become injury prone. I would say he, and Marvin Harrison are in the same boat. Both aging and well past there prime. Both coming off injuries that threatened to end their careers, and both having to learn new systems with different teams.
I would like to root for Joey and say everything will be just fine, but I can't. Even if he is used prmarily as a possession receiver, when will he play? Welker already has that job. He probably will start as the #2 receiver, after all, who else do the Pats have? How effective will he be? Well, he still runs great routes, but the CBs will be there waiting for him. I'm sorry to say the prognosis is not good...
Fred Taylor is one of those guys you wonder about. How could somebody who has been so good, for so long, go unnoticed for so long? It can't be the team's lack of success, or a small media market - witness Barry Sanders and OJ Simpson. Most likely it is because he is often injured, and, deserved or not, has a reputation for being soft and not playing through injuries. He has only played 5 complete seasons in his 11 years in the league. He is only 33, but that's old for RBs, and has lost a step and a half since he was drafted. Now, the good thing about that is the fact that he was one of the fastest RBs ever drafted. His 40 time was 4.29 which is mindboggling, especially for a 6'1", 220lb RB. He probably is somewhere in the range of 4.4 to 4.5 now. Not bad.
Since Taylor will be splitting time with one or two other backs, I think he will remain injury free, and have a renaissance year.
The Pat's fortunes really lie in the lap of number 12, Tom Brady. Unless they take a chance on Vick, the Pats really have no viable backup. The type injury Brady suffered takes a physical and psychological toll that is difficult to bounce back from. Look at how long it took Carson Palmer and Dante Culpepper to return to form after similar injuries. And, don't forget, Brady hasn't played a game in almost a year now. If he can recapture his winning form, then I think the Pats will own the AFC East, regardless of how old their defense is. The defense will not really become a major problem until they get into the playoffs.
I am predicting another 11-5 season and a loss in the second round of playoffs.
TMD

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2009

Judged:

WaterBoy wrote:
My concern is that creaky 'Ol Offensive line which no one seems to be talking about and respectively, another Marcus Pollard incident.
Thanks for the kind words. I really do enjoy a vigorous conversation, whether a person agrees with me, or not. There's always the chance there's an angle or fact I am not aware of, or have overlooked. You never stop learning.

As far as the vet signings goes, I have to admit, I am mystified. Galloway and Taylor both feel they have a lot left and want to prove it.

Let's take a closer look at Galloway first. He's been one of my boys for a long, long time. As you probably already know, I'm a tOSU alum, and so I have followed Galloway throughout his entire career. He started with so much promise, but never really turned into the game-breaking threat of a Cris Carter or Randy Moss. Gifted, but not a game-breaker. He is now 37 and will turn 38 in November, during crunch time. He is nowhere near as fast as he once was and has become injury prone. I would say he, and Marvin Harrison are in the same boat. Both aging and well past there prime. Both coming off injuries that threatened to end their careers, and both having to learn new systems with different teams.

I would like to root for Joey and say everything will be just fine, but I can't. Even if he is used prmarily as a possession receiver, when will he play? Welker already has that job. He probably will start as the #2 receiver, after all, who else do the Pats have? How effective will he be? Well, he still runs great routes, but the CBs will be there waiting for him. I'm sorry to say the prognosis is not good...

Fred Taylor is one of those guys you wonder about. How could somebody who has been so good, for so long, go unnoticed for so long? It can't be the team's lack of success, or a small media market - witness Barry Sanders and OJ Simpson. Most likely it is because he is often injured, and, deserved or not, has a reputation for being soft and not playing through injuries. He has only played 5 complete seasons in his 11 years in the league. He is only 33, but that's old for RBs, and has lost a step and a half since he was drafted. Now, the good thing about that is the fact that he was one of the fastest RBs ever drafted. His 40 time was 4.29 which is mindboggling, especially for a 6'1", 220lb RB. He probably is somewhere in the range of 4.4 to 4.5 now. Not bad.

Since Taylor will be splitting time with one or two other backs, I think he will remain injury free, and have a renaissance year.

The Pat's fortunes really lie in the lap of number 12, Tom Brady. Unless they take a chance on Vick, the Pats really have no viable backup. The type injury Brady suffered takes a physical and psychological toll that is difficult to bounce back from. Look at how long it took Carson Palmer and Dante Culpepper to return to form after similar injuries. And, don't forget, Brady hasn't played a game in almost a year now.

If Brady can recapture his winning form, then I think the Pats will own the AFC East, regardless of how old their defense is. The defense will not really become a major problem until they get into the playoffs.

I am predicting another 11-5 season and a loss in the second round of playoffs.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

I will be missing Mike Vrabel. He went to the Chiefs with Cassel. He was from this part of Ohio, went to tOSU and I loved watching him play for the Pats.
Sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Bewitched wrote:
I will be missing Mike Vrabel. He went to the Chiefs with Cassel. He was from this part of Ohio, went to tOSU and I loved watching him play for the Pats.
Sup witch
thehumanhighligh treel

Medway, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Celtics 09-10 Champs!

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Sup witch
Hey, Sammy.....w'sup witch you?

Are you ready for the upcoming season? What's the story with the Bills this year? You ever get into the Pats at all?

Can't wait for tip off either. With all the changes, it's going to be quite different, but most interesting. Are you still arguing with Joe? lol

I just couldn't listen to it anymore.

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
Celtics 09-10 Champs!
HiLite, you all hot about the C's huh? Maybe they can do it. I just can't see Rasheed up there, but who knows, maybe that's their missing piece. KG going to be ready to roll? The east is going to be very interesting, IMO.

Who's you fave NFL team?? Don't know if I ever asked you that.
Sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Sammy.....w'sup witch you?
Are you ready for the upcoming season? What's the story with the Bills this year? You ever get into the Pats at all?
Can't wait for tip off either. With all the changes, it's going to be quite different, but most interesting. Are you still arguing with Joe? lol
I just couldn't listen to it anymore.
I don't blame you and yes we are still at. Same ole same ole. Bills should be good with TO. Man have we had a lot of changes regarding the Raps. How is your summer thus far.
Sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

BTW witch make sure you join us in the Lakers fan forum.
DrUNDO

Wheatland, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

that would be Michael Jordan
Sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
Celtics 09-10 Champs!
You are seriously going to start a war in here with comments like that....lol

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't blame you and yes we are still at. Same ole same ole. Bills should be good with TO. Man have we had a lot of changes regarding the Raps. How is your summer thus far.
What I know about Raps: Got Turkey, kept Bosh, got J Jack, gave up Parker, Marion, Delfino, Nesterovic returned.

Not sure about: Kleiza from Denver?

Cavs may be looking at Leon Powe.

Summer so far, ranging between an A+ and an A+! Hate the heat, loving the temps this year. Just came in from pulling my waterfall pump out of the pond, which means trenching up the electrical also. Can't complain, I got 4 years out of a 2 year warranty. As you can tell it's my own honey-do week.

Bills with TO, I want to see this! He may be the 1st player to have played on every team in the NFL before he retires. lol
thehumanhighligh treel

Medway, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2009

Judged:

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>You are seriously going to start a war in here with comments like that....lol
Shhh... youll give me away.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of410
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Search the San Antonio Spurs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... Jun 28 Ginobili 3
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... May '14 R Caldwell 1
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return May '14 Emily 1
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... May '14 Tim 5
Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 May '14 Celia 2
•••
•••