San Antonio Spurs fans express their concerns about team

Apr 27, 2009 Full story: PR-inside.com

This time they have overwhelmingly agreed that coach Gregg Popovich should be starting Drew Gooden instead of Matt Bonner at the forward spot.

Full Story
WRC

San Antonio, TX

#1 Apr 27, 2009
Pop is probably the best game coach in the NBA. He also has a fine record as a GM. But he is not without flaws. The most serious is his unwillingness to develope young talent in this organization. He occassionally adds a young, athletic player but is very reluctant to play him and quickly gives up on the idea. Probably a worse result of this flaw is his disdain for draft choices. Time-after-time the Spurs trade/give away talent in the draft. Many of those trades/giveaways are now fine, young players for other teams (including tough Western Conference teams). This has a double effect of hurting the Spurs and helping the competition. Unfortunately, it is now probably to late to reverse the decline and the future looks bleak. I believe lack of will to infuse young talent will lead to a serious decline in the franchise's fortune as the vets get older and older.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... May '14 R Caldwell 1
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return May '14 Emily 1
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... May '14 Tim 5
•••
•••

San Antonio Spurs People Search