gabriel

Austin, TX

#173 May 9, 2008
honets forget spurs
NBA Realist

Charleston, WV

#174 May 15, 2008
Ok, so do the Spurs get all the calls? Is it because their team is loaded with pu$$ies, cry babies, and flops? I don't know? Why do NBA referees suck so bad and they get off the wrap all the time? I'm so sick of seeing the game of basketball suffer, especially in the NBA, because of this bunch of babies. It is a joke that Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen get on the NBA defensive team. They are two of the biggest hacks in the NBA and two of the biggest babies as well. I am sick of the Spurs BS brand of basketball winning games based on pathetic fouling tactics (not simply hack-a-Shaq, but all the players they pull their pu$$y stunts on), preferential foul calling, and undeserving love from the paid-off commentators. Lets get back the the Lakers and Celtics, or the Bulls brilliant style of Ball.
BoredInSA

San Antonio, TX

#176 May 16, 2008
Finally some real excitement! Win or loose -- thanks Hornets for the 7 games.
BoredInSA

San Antonio, TX

#177 May 16, 2008
Win or lose --
Cowboy

United States

#178 May 16, 2008
NBA Realist wrote:
Ok, so do the Spurs get all the calls? Is it because their team is loaded with pu$$ies, cry babies, and flops? I don't know? Why do NBA referees suck so bad and they get off the wrap all the time? I'm so sick of seeing the game of basketball suffer, especially in the NBA, because of this bunch of babies. It is a joke that Tim Duncan and Bruce Bowen get on the NBA defensive team. They are two of the biggest hacks in the NBA and two of the biggest babies as well. I am sick of the Spurs BS brand of basketball winning games based on pathetic fouling tactics (not simply hack-a-Shaq, but all the players they pull their pu$$y stunts on), preferential foul calling, and undeserving love from the paid-off commentators. Lets get back the the Lakers and Celtics, or the Bulls brilliant style of Ball.
After reading your article it became obvious to me that your parents didn’t teach you any manners and that news travels very slowly around your part of the woods because the last time the Los Angeles Lakers won a championship title was in 2001, the Chicago Bulls in 1998 and of course the Boston Celtics not since 1986. So here’s an update so you can impress your compadres at your local watering hole: The San Antonio Spurs were not the first team to implement the Hack-A-Shaq tactic, it was established by Don Nelson during his days with the Dallas Mavericks and though it called the Hack-A-Shaq, the tactic was first used against Dennis Rodman of the Chicago Bulls for his poor free-throwing ability. In their thirty NBA seasons the San Antonio Spurs have captured fifteen division titles giving them the most division titles in the NBA during a thirty year span (Lakers are second with fourteen). Among the four major U.S. sports, the Atlanta Braves and the New York Yankees are the only other teams with fifteen divisional titles during those last thirty years. In less than a ten year period the Spurs have captured championship titles in 1999, 2003, 2005 and 2007…that too is no longer called “brilliant style of ball”…..it’s called a Dynasty!!
Kevin Garnett

Phoenix, AZ

#179 May 16, 2008
PhoenixSunsGrl wrote:
You people need to growup. If the Spurs suck, then so be it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. However once someone begins to dictate the possible relocation of an individual based upon their opinions, or the ideal that an individual doesn't have the right to speak their mind based upon geographic location - is where the on sought of oppression begins.
I'm from San Antonio and I have to agree that the Spurs do seem to buckle under stress. One person mentioned the regular season record of the Spurs as a means to tout their worth. Well, anyone who knows anything knows that the regular season (record) doesn't mean anything. The regular season is just a warmup session to the playoffs. The real teams and matches are undertaken in the the playoff "season." The playoffs are what determine the calibur of the team.
The Spurs have proven themselve to be well below par.
Unfortunately San Antonio has alot of ignorant Spurs fans. They don't seem to realize that their team spirit is often taken too far in extremes of rudeness. They also fail to understand that their supporting of a bad team is similar to that of supporting a viral infection. The more you nuture it the worse it gets. San Antonio fans need to wake up gain some ethical hospitality and demand action from their lackluster team.
Lastly try to understand that the NBA teams are American teams, thus using Spanish only stands flare your ignorance. If you don't like the usage of English - well then your communication will upon deaf ears. Please consider the great efforts undertaken by English speaking Americans for this country, and please consider the usage of English in the future. If you disagree, well then that's your right, but understand that the whole US educated country is against you.
What It's all about da suns they r in da bahamas because they r fresh!!!! U ssssssssuuuuuuuuucccckkk If u don't like da PHX SUNSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!
Kevin Garnett

Phoenix, AZ

#180 May 16, 2008
Da suns r bomb SPURS SUCK MAVS SUCK LAKERS SUCK CELTICS SUCK PISTONS SUCK CAVS SUCK AND SUNS DO NOT SUCK DEY R FRESH!!!!!!!!!!
Spurs suck a--

San Antonio, TX

#182 May 21, 2008
First what's up with commenting on post over a year old - with such a long duration, most old comments cease to apply on a modern day scale. Second, I doubt the individuals who post the older comment are still around. Thus, if you have any common sense I suggest you keep things on the present day.
Third San Antonio does suck - take tonight for example, how the heck does SA blow a 20 point lead against the Lakers. Especially when San Antonio was controlling the tempo (via "Spurs" basketball.)
I'll tell you how (they blew such a big lead)- they suck, plain and simple.
Cowboy

United States

#183 May 21, 2008
Spurs suck a-- wrote:
First what's up with commenting on post over a year old - with such a long duration, most old comments cease to apply on a modern day scale. Second, I doubt the individuals who post the older comment are still around. Thus, if you have any common sense I suggest you keep things on the present day.
Third San Antonio does suck - take tonight for example, how the heck does SA blow a 20 point lead against the Lakers. Especially when San Antonio was controlling the tempo (via "Spurs" basketball.)
I'll tell you how (they blew such a big lead)- they suck, plain and simple.
Some of the old posters are still around, and if your a gambling man, of which I am, the San Antonio Spurs played an outstanding game, the Los Angleles Lakers were a seven point favorite and were playing at home. Did they cover? No, then factor what the Spurs went through in their delay from New Orlens to Los Angeles, I'm not making excuses cause execuses are like assholes, everyone has one. What I saw tonight was a Spurs team that will win it in six, remember that puto when you're cheering for them agains the Pistons or Celtics.

Vivan Los Spurs.....
Cowboy

United States

#184 May 21, 2008
Kevin Garnett wrote:
Da suns r bomb SPURS SUCK MAVS SUCK LAKERS SUCK CELTICS SUCK PISTONS SUCK CAVS SUCK AND SUNS DO NOT SUCK DEY R FRESH!!!!!!!!!!
And "Watching the NBA finals from home!"
Spurs suck a--

San Antonio, TX

#185 May 22, 2008
If you want to have a clean mature conversation with me cowboy and debate the awfulness of the Spurs, that's fine you're entitled to your opinion - as am I.

But if you ever address me in that filthy hispanic tongue with such utter disrespect - aka "puto" again; then be a man and be willing to meet me face to face so I can knock you the f-out.

I promise I'll give you the beating of your wetback life; you better have military training because that's the only thing that will keep you alive against someone like me.

You got that you mexican trash.
longhorns554

San Antonio, TX

#186 May 26, 2008
ornithoptera wrote:
spurs comen caca!!! yea they suck! ummm so... spurs or sperms?
who do you root for!??!
if it's the mavs or rockets than you can blow my balls
Cowboy

United States

#187 May 26, 2008
Spurs suck a-- wrote:
If you want to have a clean mature conversation with me cowboy and debate the awfulness of the Spurs, that's fine you're entitled to your opinion - as am I.
But if you ever address me in that filthy hispanic tongue with such utter disrespect - aka "puto" again; then be a man and be willing to meet me face to face so I can knock you the f-out.
I promise I'll give you the beating of your wetback life; you better have military training because that's the only thing that will keep you alive against someone like me.
You got that you mexican trash.
You want a mature conversation yet you sit there writing how the Spurs suck, etc., you can’t have it both ways. Disrespected you, you have to earn respect and sitting there writing trash is not going to do it either…sorry for calling you puto, should I have said puta? As for meeting me face to face, now that’s a joke right, I don’t believe you can afford to catch the 3:30 Greyhound bus leaving out of San Antone. Funny you should mention military training, after spending 25 years in the Marine Corps I just retired 1 Oct 07, so tell me, what kind of training do you have other than running your sock?

Calling me Mexican trash just makes me laugh, because other than you traveling to Mexico it's apparent that you’ve never really traveled to other foreign countries. You should join the military and get out of Dodge...see the World, I know this guy everyone calls Uncle Sam and he can help. Don’t ask me how he does all this great stuff but he’ll ensure you receive an attitude adjustment, three squares a day with good pay and by the time you graduate boot-camp you’ll have earned a tan belt in martial arts and learned how to be a killing machine. Afterwards you receive more training and finally get shipped overseas where you’ll learn firsthand from the Iraqi rag-heads how to really piss-off Americans (noticed that I said Americans, not Mexicans, Negros, Jewish, etc.). One problem though, there’s no guarantee you’ll come back alive, so be sure to tell your entire family just how much you really love them, that asshole from across the street that you never liked, go over and shake his hand and tell him to pray for you. Borrowing the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit motto: Anytime, anywhere, anyplace…..so “Semper Fi” coolero…tough guys like you are a dime a dozen!

PS: You want respect from me, go visit the Veterans at the Brooke Army Medical Center, Burn Unit there in San Antonio and tell them “Thank You!”
Spurs suck a--

San Antonio, TX

#188 May 26, 2008
So Cowboy it took you how many days to come up with (what you believe is) a snappy comeback.

Considering the amount of time you had - it's sad that the best you could come up with is a strawman argument.

First - respect isn't earned,(you're an idiot.) Here's a life lesson for you - respect is given - always. Hence, you respect people until they present you a reason to do otherwise.

Regarding my lack of respect - there was none. The truth is the Spurs do suck, they're talented; but as one poster said "they always fall under pressure." Having been in the military (supposedly)- you know that's unacceptable. Yet you defend the the cowardice of the team that the Spurs are; well that's your right - you're entitled to your opinion as am I.

There isn't any disrespect in having contradicting opinions. Especially considering the term I used.

The spurs suck a-- is a laymen, incomplete term to emphasize that they're bad/ awful, full of fallacy. However, what you seem to want is for everyone to present their points in a manner that will please you. Thus, in what manner should the world bend to construe your liking.

This shows your life inexperience, and lack of maturity as there's isn't any manner I (or anyone else) should have to adhere to please you or your perspective - you simply and maturely have to undertake people's opinions for what they are - opinions.

But if I happen to come here and say - oh yeah Tim Duncan is a fag - and the spurs are sh!t, blah blah - blatant obscenities to instigate a conflict; then yeah that's disrespect. However my initial opinion wasn't anywhere near a term of disrespect.

Thus, the truth is you were wrong Cowboy as you disrespected with out cause; so be a man and admit your fault - apologize; if you can't, then you're a coward an embarrassment to the Core.

As for you supposedly having military training - you're a typical Mexican - meaning generally unthinking, brazen, unintelligent.

In contrast I prefer to remain modest so I'm not going to exasperate detail about my military experience. But I will reference one man I knew; He served in Vietnam, he was trained under special forces, he served on the front lines - he's the bravest man I've ever known. Yet, he never mentions his military service; as war/ killing isn't something he want to brag about. Thus, while other vets bitch - he just is. He served his country and when his service ended - he moved on.

He never brags, he never asks for a thank you - he just is.

Now that's a man; that's the man I aim to be, not some stupid idiot who brags about wars and military service. The only people who brag about military experience are the people who have never truly experienced war/ combat.

So Semper Fidelis all you want as that's generally the cowards call for wanna be tough guys - now it's those guys who are a dime a dozen. The real seasoned vets/ men prefer that the stupid Semper Fidelis stay in hell with all the rest of the demons.

Thus as a man I state this - if I initially disrespected anyone (from my initial post), then I apologize because that wasn't my intent - but that's me, being a man. I wouldn't expect you to understand the concept.

Also - if I made up my mind to be an a$$ and insult someone, only to be called out; then I'd have the balls to meet them face to face.

But that's just me again - being a man; I don't expect you to understand the concept.
soulja boy

Dallas, TX

#189 Feb 6, 2009
spurs suck balls! lakers gonna run em over you damn spurs
soulja boy

Dallas, TX

#190 Feb 6, 2009
sorry spurs rock lakers rock
jeff

Portland, OR

#191 Feb 25, 2009
Cowboy wrote:
Tony Parker plays basketball, makes lots of money, has a very attractive wife, and according to SPURSSUCK doesn't speak English? Damn some guys have all the luck!!
Me no el speaky el English, you listening Pop?
Go Spurs Go!!
your a fucki ng idiot
Cowboy

Poway, CA

#192 Mar 8, 2009
jeff wrote:
<quoted text>
your a fucki ng idiot
So is your mother and your dad still married him....
SPURS FAN

San Antonio, TX

#193 Sep 30, 2009
go spurs gp 4 time nba champs.Lakers i mean Fakers suck
lakerssuc

San Antonio, TX

#194 Dec 3, 2009
spurs rule.just because we don't show off doesn't mean we suck.stop hatin.we got 4 champion ships.in like 11 years.we're one of the most dominating teams of the decade.so check that h*'s

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... Sep '14 tedeze 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) May '14 R Caldwell 1
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
More from around the web