Why America Hates the Spurs

'I don't understand -- why don't people like us?' Bruce Bowen asked. You really want to know? 'Go ahead.' Because you and the mean ol' San Antonio Spurs ruin happy endings for players and teams whom fans want ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 08

Yorba Linda, CA

#21 Jul 2, 2008
"Inside your wire"? I'm sorry does that actually mean something? And where the hell in SD is South Bristol St?
josh beethoven homies

AOL

#22 Jul 3, 2008
because they play hear in san antonio and because they are the best team in the nba and they aint boring thats just stupid the rest of the nba teams are boring not the spurs
kev

United States

#23 Jul 5, 2008
i hate spurs. I LUV POENIX SUNS.
i hate them.
i want suns to win them.
i want spurs destroyed.
Cowboy

United States

#24 Jul 6, 2008
THE LAST WORD1 wrote:
"Inside your wire"? I'm sorry does that actually mean something? And where the hell in SD is South Bristol St?
I assumed that everyone old enough has done military service to this country (guess not) and you're right, unless you've been there, "Inside your wire" wouldn't have any meaning to you. South Bristol is in Santa Ana but now I'm in Carlsbad Village Drive headed to San Diego and gaining ground.
Cowboy

United States

#25 Jul 6, 2008
Were you at?
Cowboy

United States

#26 Jul 6, 2008
kev wrote:
i hate spurs. I LUV POENIX SUNS.
i hate them.
i want suns to win them.
i want spurs destroyed.
Well at least you spelled Spurs correctly however it’s a name and should’ve been capitalized along with Suns, you misspelled Phoenix though, "win," the proper word should have been "beat" and why would you want people destroyed? Adolf Hitler did that before you and I were born besides there's enough violence in this World already. There’s a big difference between hate and dislike, hate is a powerful word, remember that. Stay in school pardner!

Yorba Linda, CA

#27 Jul 15, 2008
I'm in Lakeside, but you never answered my question. Are you the same Cowboy?

Yorba Linda, CA

#28 Jul 15, 2008
By the way, you mispelled "where".
Kris Austin TX

Palo Alto, CA

#29 Jul 18, 2008
Everyone hates the spurs because we've had outstanding winning records for the last 10 seasons. If teams came into the AT&T center and beat my team on a consistant basis then I would also have serous discontent for that team. Ask people in SA what they think about the Lakers. People don't like the spurs because we beat their favorite teams year after year with our boring defense first style of play.

"However"

Any mature intelligent basketball fan should have RESPECT for the Spurs. Popaviches coaching style and discipline has forced all other teams in the NBA specifically the Western Conference to take their defensive game up a notch. As an outcome the Western conference is greatly out performing the East and coaches and players are having to work harder to compete. The spurs make other teams better period... This team everyone hates has transformed the defensive game.

Regarding dirty plays

A bunch of whiney people cry when their team looses and take a few hard fouls out of context. Grow up.. Techs happen all over the NBA durning the playoffs and the spurs don't hold any specific Technical foul record so that is not a valid argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... Sep '14 tedeze 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) May '14 R Caldwell 1
Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
Parker leaves with tight hamstring, won't return (May '14) May '14 Emily 1
More from around the web