With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip ...

With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip San Antonio Spurs

There are 113 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 18, 2008, titled With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip San Antonio Spurs. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Dwight Howard 's knee looks fine. His team is looking better and better. With Howard back after missing two games, the Orlando Magic again showed they are more than a one-man wrecking crew, defeating the San ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
JOSE PEREZ

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#105 Dec 19, 2008
As Vince Lombardi once said:“Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.” GO MAGIC

For those that want to know how is Carlos doing in Europe, here is a note from his last game.

18/12/2008 | סט&#14 96;יס& #1496;יק ת המ&#15 13;חק | Print Version
By Amy Samin
Despite misgivings earlier in the week, Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv had no trouble dominating the game against Le Mans from the very beginning.
An outstanding first half for Omri Casspi, and a terrific second half for Carlos Arroyo, Lior Eliyahu and the excellent Marcus Brown, made the win look easy for Maccabi.
The Euroleague will be on break for the next two and a half weeks, until the game against Olympiacos at Nokia Arena.
Box Scores
Maccabi:
Arroyo 19 points, 7 assists; Eliyahu 19 points, 10 rebounds; Casspi 19 points (10/10 from the free throw line); M. Brown 14 points; Burstein 6 points; Green 5 points, 6 rebounds; E. Brown and Hagag 2 points each; Sharp 1 point.
Williams played but did not score.

TruthSpeaks01

San Antonio, TX

#106 Dec 19, 2008
JOSE PEREZ wrote:
As Vince Lombardi once said:“Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.” GO MAGIC
For those that want to know how is Carlos doing in Europe, here is a note from his last game.
By Amy Samin
Despite misgivings earlier in the week, Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv had no trouble dominating the game against Le Mans from the very beginning.
An outstanding first half for Omri Casspi, and a terrific second half for Carlos Arroyo, Lior Eliyahu and the excellent Marcus Brown, made the win look easy for Maccabi.
The Euroleague will be on break for the next two and a half weeks, until the game against Olympiacos at Nokia Arena.
Box Scores
Maccabi:
Arroyo 19 points, 7 assists; Eliyahu 19 points, 10 rebounds; Casspi 19 points (10/10 from the free throw line); M. Brown 14 points; Burstein 6 points; Green 5 points, 6 rebounds; E. Brown and Hagag 2 points each; Sharp 1 point.
it's only a shame that he couldn't do that here. oh well jameer is BALLLLLLIIIINNNNNN.:)
Jimmy

Windermere, FL

#107 Dec 19, 2008
JOSE PEREZ wrote:
By Amy Samin
Box Scores
Maccabi:
Look everybody! Carlos Arroyo had a good half! In F-ing Israel.
Lorenzo

Astor, FL

#108 Dec 19, 2008
Speaking for all the TRUE Magic fans...I saw this coming. The Magic are only going to get better. Dwight Howard is going to be ONE OF the greatest players in NBA history. He keeps getting better, and his great attitude and frlendly nature, bring good Karma and rubs off extremely well with his team/friends. The "ALMOST EQUAL" blessing is having the NBA's BEST coach. Jameer Nelson, AS CRAZY AS YOU THOUGHT HE WAS when he would strutt his stuff and thought he was the best player on the floor...well its coming true. Confidence, trust, leadership, coaching...karma. Orlando Deserves it after SHAQ immediately wins 3 championships in LA, THOSE WERE ARES! Well, everything comes back around...we got DWIGHT HOWARD. We can play bad all game, and trust me...we wont miss in the 4th..we just wont..
GO MAGIC!!
Tiffany

United States

#109 Dec 19, 2008
Dwight was killing it last nite
Michael in Ocoee

Temple Hills, MD

#110 Dec 19, 2008
Jim wrote:
Also many props go out to the folks here who remembered the Charles Barkley incident in Orlando.
And if you all remember the dude he pitched threw the window was only like 5 ft 1. And that is no exageration. He was really that size.
I'm 5'2" to be exact. And I was gonna come back in to kick Barkley behind but my friends held me back.:-)
Michael in Ocoee

Temple Hills, MD

#111 Dec 19, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
AM NOT!
:(~
TOO!!!

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#112 Dec 20, 2008
Aron wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey man is that a poster that's out there on the market or a personal pic you blew up? I'd love to have it in any case!
I think I got it off of the Orlando Magic website. I WISH it was a personal picture I took! LOL

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#113 Dec 20, 2008
Hoopdog wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get it. You can't let your big man run the floor and not reward him. You have to go inside and outside not just outside. Jameer had a good game but he was making some fundamental mistakes that would have come back to bit us if the Spurs were well rested. As it was Duncan didn't have to play defense therefore he was strong enough to lead a Spurs rally.
The guys that normally feed the post are the wing players. Also, I think Jameer is trying to play more under control. The one time in the game when Jameer did push the ball and threw it into Dwight, Duncan got a hand on it and tipped it out of bounds....close to being a turnover.

Jameer played well and is having a career year. I like the fact that his assist to turnover ratio is much better.

“Life's a Beach”

Cocoa Beach

#114 Dec 20, 2008
dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you must been drunk last night.It was a 5 game road trip and C Lee was picked in the 20's.
LOL! Yeah, I meant 10 day road trip, and you were right, he was picked at 22.

I wasn't drunk, but maybe a little buzzed! ;-)
LMAO

AOL

#115 Dec 20, 2008
Lorenzo wrote:
Speaking for all the TRUE Magic fans...I saw this coming. The Magic are only going to get better. Dwight Howard is going to be ONE OF the greatest players in NBA history. He keeps getting better, and his great attitude and frlendly nature, bring good Karma and rubs off extremely well with his team/friends. The "ALMOST EQUAL" blessing is having the NBA's BEST coach. Jameer Nelson, AS CRAZY AS YOU THOUGHT HE WAS when he would strutt his stuff and thought he was the best player on the floor...well its coming true. Confidence, trust, leadership, coaching...karma. Orlando Deserves it after SHAQ immediately wins 3 championships in LA, THOSE WERE ARES! Well, everything comes back around...we got DWIGHT HOWARD. We can play bad all game, and trust me...we wont miss in the 4th..we just wont..
GO MAGIC!!
Whose KoolAid are you drinking?
LMAO

AOL

#116 Dec 20, 2008
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm 5'2" to be exact. And I was gonna come back in to kick Barkley behind but my friends held me back.:-)
I'm wondering if you would mind that I call you "Lil Buddy" from now on?

:)
Michael in Ocoee

Temple Hills, MD

#117 Dec 20, 2008
LMAO wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wondering if you would mind that I call you "Lil Buddy" from now on?
:)
Not if you want me to respond. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Simmons and 76ers come up short in NBA Oct '17 Fart Stains 2
News Kawhi Leonard scores 21 points as Spurs topple ... (Feb '17) Feb '17 TopplePhartsc 1
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... (Apr '15) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) Jan '15 Sadie 2
News Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... (Sep '14) Sep '14 tedeze 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
More from around the web