With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip ...

With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip San Antonio Spurs

There are 113 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 18, 2008, titled With Howard back, Orlando Magic whip San Antonio Spurs. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Dwight Howard 's knee looks fine. His team is looking better and better. With Howard back after missing two games, the Orlando Magic again showed they are more than a one-man wrecking crew, defeating the San ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#1 Dec 18, 2008
Another nice win by the Magic.

Doug Collins does a good job as the color analyst for TNT. It's nice to listen to another opinion other than David Steele and Matt Goukas. The boys in the studio, Charles, Kenny and Ernie are getting to be pretty lame.

The Magic's defense was excellent tonight. Jameer totally outplayed Tony Parker. I thought the Spurs looked old and not very athletic. I don't care if they are coming off a back to back games, the Magic just got back from a 10 game West Coast trip with two sets of back to backs. Their old age is catching up to that team.

CLee is the real deal. His defense on Ginobali was fantastic. Plus the guys got a quick first step. Nice job grabbing him at the 17th pickl.

I think this team is ready to compete against the big boys now. It's okay, let's just keep flying under the radar!

Go Magic!

“Life's a Beach”

Since: Dec 07

Cocoa Beach

#2 Dec 18, 2008
No Tony Battie tonight? Was that a coaches decision?
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#3 Dec 18, 2008
Jameer Nelson took Tony Parker to school tonight folks. Totally outplayed him. Dwight returned and played a solid game. That is until the refs decided they were going to stick their noses in the action and call a bunch of silly fouls on him. Rashard, Turk, and Bogans played good too.

The bench had another good effort tonight led by Courtney Lee once again. Every game these guys are getting better and better. Once Pietrus returns that will be just one more solid option to go to.

I like the way the Magic kept their composure when the Spurs made their run in the fourth quarter. These guys are for real folks. Get your tickets now.
jimmys

Bonney Lake, WA

#4 Dec 18, 2008
Great Win. I was tired of hearing the TNT announcers make excuses for the Spurs though. They are Pros just like the rest of the players in the league and they made it sound like they are the only team that plays back to back games and flys in early in the AM. Jameers game has really improved. Scary to think what they can do when Petrius gets back and the Bench being a little deaper with Gorat, Bogans and Lee.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#5 Dec 18, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
Doug Collins does a good job as the color analyst for TNT. It's nice to listen to another opinion other than David Steele and Matt Goukas. The boys in the studio, Charles, Kenny and Ernie are getting to be pretty lame.
The Magic's defense was excellent tonight. Jameer totally outplayed Tony Parker. I thought the Spurs looked old and not very athletic. I don't care if they are coming off a back to back games, the Magic just got back from a 10 game West Coast trip with two sets of back to backs. Their old age is catching up to that team.
CLee is the real deal. His defense on Ginobali was fantastic. Plus the guys got a quick first step. Nice job grabbing him at the 17th pickl.
I think this team is ready to compete against the big boys now. It's okay, let's just keep flying under the radar!
Go Magic!
Excellent post CBF. I agree about Doug Collins. He does a great job of keeping things fair so to speak. He doesn't pick sides like those idiots Barkley and Smith. All those guys could say tonight was how the poor Spurs were playing in a back to back. Hey every team goes through that. The Magic did on their recent trip. They played in Utah without DH, one night after suffering a devastating loss to Phoenix, and they got it done. They also beat a tough Portland team in a back to back scenario.

Like you said, the Magic will just keep flying under the radar and gather up victories like they are collecting baseball cards.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#6 Dec 18, 2008
jimmys wrote:
Great Win. I was tired of hearing the TNT announcers make excuses for the Spurs though. They are Pros just like the rest of the players in the league and they made it sound like they are the only team that plays back to back games and flys in early in the AM. Jameers game has really improved. Scary to think what they can do when Petrius gets back and the Bench being a little deaper with Gorat, Bogans and Lee.
Another excellent post. I am glad I am not the only one who notices those goof balls on TNT and how they continue to show absolutely no respect for the Magic.

Folks it has got to the point now where I think I am just going to flip through the channels when those guys are on the air.

I would rather suffer through a chick flick on LIFETIME for 15 minutes as opposed to listening to these buffoons.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#7 Dec 18, 2008
jimmys wrote:
Agree 100%.... As a Magic Fan, one part of me kinda likes running under the radar, but credit given where credit is due..... although the Spurs played last nite, and were "tired", TOO FRIGGIN BAD!

Had the tables been turned, the Magic coming off a back-to-back and behind, those same hacks at TNT would have been saying the Spurs were playing like the veterans they were, and the Magic were "soft", or something like that.

As is, they give us barely passing marks, and make excuses for the Spurs ("old", "back-to-back", etc).

But ya gotta love the Boys! Getting the job done! The Jameer-haters from last season are nowhere to be found lately. Good job Jameer!
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#8 Dec 18, 2008
Wow another example of what we were just talking about here folks regarding TNT and their lack of respect for the Magic.... They were just showing the highlights of the Magic/Spurs game which mostly featured Jameer Nelson and his great game tonight. About halfway through Kenny Smith just casually says in passing: "Jameer played a good game tonight". To which Charles Barkley replies: "Of course he did". " Parker had to play Chris Paul last night".

Simply put, comments like this are not gonna get it done here.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#9 Dec 18, 2008
I bet if the shoe was on the other foot and the Magic were playing in a back to back situation and got their arses kicked by the Spurs with Tony Parker having a great game those morons would offer absolutely ZERO excuses for Jammer Nelson and the Orlando Magic as a team.

Instead they would just rave about Parker and how great it must be to penetrate to Eva Longoria's rack.

If I am making any sense can a brother get an amen on up in here ?
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#10 Dec 18, 2008
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100%.... As a Magic Fan, one part of me kinda likes running under the radar, but credit given where credit is due..... although the Spurs played last nite, and were "tired", TOO FRIGGIN BAD!
Had the tables been turned, the Magic coming off a back-to-back and behind, those same hacks at TNT would have been saying the Spurs were playing like the veterans they were, and the Magic were "soft", or something like that.
As is, they give us barely passing marks, and make excuses for the Spurs ("old", "back-to-back", etc).
But ya gotta love the Boys! Getting the job done! The Jameer-haters from last season are nowhere to be found lately. Good job Jameer!
Kong you read my mind. Another great post here.
Jaxfann

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Dec 18, 2008
Great game again by Jameer - in the past I have been critical of his play but he is maturing and growing as player - hope he remains healthy for the rest of the season and continues to proove me wrong.

Really impressed with "spiderman" Lee also.
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#12 Dec 18, 2008
Jim wrote:
...I like the way the Magic kept their composure when the Spurs made their run in the fourth quarter...
I was just gonna type that same thing. The old Magic team would have buckled. They have shown that a lot the past 2 years...when ahead and the other team makes a run....the Magic turn it on. A sign of a very good team.
Michael in Ocoee

Silver Spring, MD

#13 Dec 18, 2008
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
....The Jameer-haters from last season are nowhere to be found lately. Good job Jameer!
Yeah, we haven't gotten a Carlos Arroyo Israel stat update in forever! lol!

Orlando

#14 Dec 18, 2008
Jaxfann wrote:
Great game again by Jameer - in the past I have been critical of his play but he is maturing and growing as player - hope he remains healthy for the rest of the season and continues to proove me wrong.
Really impressed with "spiderman" Lee also.
Of the few positive comments from the "analysts" at TNT, were those made in behalf of Courney Lee.

Was it even Barkley who made those comments? Someone there was surprised by his overall play, and made several observations about it on-air.
Jimmy

Windermere, FL

#15 Dec 18, 2008
Cocoa Beach Fan wrote:
Go Magic!
Check numbers?

Orlando

#16 Dec 18, 2008
Michael in Ocoee wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we haven't gotten a Carlos Arroyo Israel stat update in forever! lol!
Dont get me wrong, I liked CA when he was here, but he was not the Puerto Rican Michael Jordan some people thought he would be.

I watched the previous game against Utah at the local Ale House (because Bright House couldnt show it ---- thanks BH!), and some drunk *gentleman* was trying to convince me of Arroyo's supposed value to the NBA.

All it took me to respond to him was pointing it out that if he was so GD valuable, then why was he not PLAYING in the NBA....ANYWHERE.

It turns out this *gentleman* was a distant relative of Carlos --- and drunk.

Go figure.
mightymouthcrv

United States

#17 Dec 18, 2008
Barkley and Kenny Smith are two clowns. It sickens me to watch them on TNT. They provide absolutely no in-depth analysis. Neither of them possess a high basketball IQ. Barkley only praises teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Cavs, and Celtics and doesn't take other teams seriously. I equate Kenny Smith's knowlege of basketball fundamentals to that of a third grader's. I don't know why TNT has kept these morons on for so long...

Nelson destroyed Parker. Defense was awesome. Lee was great off the bench. I was proud of the team tonight for maintaining their composure when the Spurs made their runs.
Sixx

United States

#18 Dec 18, 2008
mightymouthcrv wrote:
Barkley and Kenny Smith are two clowns. It sickens me to watch them on TNT. They provide absolutely no in-depth analysis. Neither of them possess a high basketball IQ. Barkley only praises teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Cavs, and Celtics and doesn't take other teams seriously. I equate Kenny Smith's knowlege of basketball fundamentals to that of a third grader's. I don't know why TNT has kept these morons on for so long...
Nelson destroyed Parker. Defense was awesome. Lee was great off the bench. I was proud of the team tonight for maintaining their composure when the Spurs made their runs.
Nice Post. Nelson was just on fire and Yes, C. Lee is gonna be great!

Loved that foul on DH's Jaw when it connected with Duncan's left elbow.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#19 Dec 18, 2008
And to think some folks put the Spurs ahead of the Magic in the power rankings. If they think the Spurs have a legitimate shot at the title, why not the Magic ?

All of this nonsense will just continue to fuel the fire of the Orlando Magic. Now if they can take care of business against the Lakers that would be huge. They have to contain Kobe and not let him go off for a big night.
Jim

West Monroe, LA

#20 Dec 18, 2008
I wonder what the deal is with this J.J. for Grant Hill deal ? Is there anything to it ? Right now I am watching Hill play for Phoenix against Portland. On a couple of occasions he has left his man wide open for jump shots. Do the Magic really want to pull the trigger on a deal now and mess with team chemistry ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Antonio Spurs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... (Apr '15) Jul '15 Fart news 5
News Doris Burke discusses Popovich interview that l... (May '14) Jan '15 Sadie 2
News Ryan Hollins Says San Antonio Spurs Are Interes... (Sep '14) Sep '14 tedeze 1
News NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) Jul '14 go now 3
News Heat, not Spurs, is early favorite to win 2015 ... (Jun '14) Jul '14 ing 4
spurs suck! (May '06) Jun '14 The Observer 201
News Charles Barkley praises Dallas women while pick... (May '14) May '14 Raquel 1
More from around the web