NBA: India becomes a factor in US basketball fight

Apr 8, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Times of India

David Stern's visit to India comes against the backdrop of a bid by a consortium led by an Indian tech billionaire, who already co-owns an NBA franchise, to buy a second one -- the Sacramento Kings.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Joe

Lacey, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

I feel we should not have an owner from abroad to purchase any sports team.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

What's the difference? You think every American NBA franchise owner only makes his money out of America?
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

foreigners should not be allowed to own NBA teams. The NBA is a treasure to the USA. Keep America domestic not foreign.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
foreigners should not be allowed to own NBA teams. The NBA is a treasure to the USA. Keep America domestic not foreign.
You're 2-3 decades too late for that idea Angelinoflake.
Heat Fan

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
Without foreign trade and investment, places like Miami would be a ghost town, and San Francisco would be a shell of its current self.

I'm sure Sacramento will be thrilled to have ANY buyer regardless of national origin come in to their small-market town and save their NBA franchise.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Foreigners they all stink, they want a piece of America but they do not pay taxes to America. Angela et al will agree with me.
chrisrichmond

Turlock, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
Foreigners they all stink, they want a piece of America but they do not pay taxes to America. Angela et al will agree with me.
i hope you know manu ginoblis a foreigner
Kings Fan

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Heat Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Without foreign trade and investment, places like Miami would be a ghost town, and San Francisco would be a shell of its current self.
I'm sure Sacramento will be thrilled to have ANY buyer regardless of national origin come in to their small-market town and save their NBA franchise.
I'm from Sacramento, and we love the idea of having an international market. The Kings still have lots of fans in Europe, dating back to when Divac and Stojakovic were running the team. The opportunity to have a link to India, is welcomed with open arms. But then again when the Magoofs are your teams owners, anyone would be welcomed with open arms.
Btw Sac is a small market, but not as small as people think(20th overall). Miami is 16th.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sacramento Kings Discussions

Search the Sacramento Kings Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Lorenzen Wright Autopsy Released- Graphic Content (Nov '10) Feb '14 inside 80
Breaking Down the 3 Kings of Sacramento Jan '14 Robert Blackman 1
We've got new guys, they need nicknames (Dec '13) Dec '13 Patrick 1
NBA Saturday: "Pure" Point Guards Extinct? (Sep '13) Sep '13 Greg 1
Kings in talks with free agent Ellis (Jul '13) Jul '13 Anonymous 2
Phoenix Suns can't go wrong with young guard Ar... (Jul '13) Jul '13 julian 1
Wayne Ellington and Omri Casspi not extended qu... (Jul '13) Jul '13 michagant 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••