NBA: Lighty gets traveling call | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

If David Lighty chooses to get a new tattoo to commemorate the birth of his professional basketball career, perhaps he'll consider the words he spoke yesterday while catching a day off in his hometown of Cleveland.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Joe from Kettering

Newport Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

I hope all three of these guys are signed by an NBA team. They all seem to be fine young men. They brought me so much pleasure as I watched them mature as players and, much motor importantly, mature as human beings.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Judged:

Hope they're successful in the NBA - but let's not encourage any of them to get tattoos.
barrington el codger

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Yeah that tattoo line was more than a little odd.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

I really hope these guys get their shot and make a team. They all have a great work ethic and are smart kids. Best of luck to all three!
zappa912

Sylvania, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2011

Good luck David, Jon and Dallas in the NBA Draft tonight. Hope Each of you get to realize your dream of playing in the NBA.

Thanks for all you did for the Buckeye basketball team during your OSU careers.
MCM

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

Watched the draft last night. Happy for Jon shocked that Lighty was not drafted. I guess the NBA does not value character, hard work, leadership, great defense and unselfishness. I am sure he will end up playing somewhere in the NBA or Europe but if not, I know a lot of corporations
that can use an employee and graduate of TOSU like David.

“Bleeding Scarlet and Gray!”

Since: Sep 09

Worthington

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

MCM wrote:
Watched the draft last night. Happy for Jon shocked that Lighty was not drafted. I guess the NBA does not value character, hard work, leadership, great defense and unselfishness. I am sure he will end up playing somewhere in the NBA or Europe but if not, I know a lot of corporations
that can use an employee and graduate of TOSU like David.
Yeah, unfortunately defense isn't important in the NBA. Main reason why I don't get into it. Everything you learn about basketball your entire life goes out the window once you hit the NBA.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••