United States

#2 Feb 2, 2006
If we can't get a player of that magnetude then their
shouldn't be a trade. The Philadelphia media ran Charles
Barkley out of town.
Jerome

United States

#3 Feb 13, 2006
Right now I don't believe Iverson's stock is all that high. He is known through out the league as a 35 ppg player but also a very selfish player. He is definately
a ticket seller but to get a Kobe or Shaq for him is out of the question, but a Paul Pierce or Tracy McGrady is very possible. Philly can win more if they had someone who can make scoring a possiblity for the who team.
kai

Charlotte, NC

#4 Feb 15, 2006
I believe iverson's should be traded for kevin garnett and first round draft pick. if you can't get quality players for iverson's then get rid of those non basketball players on the team. green,randolph,hunter,olie,and anybody else who sit on the bench and don't produce.
Angela Fields

AOL

#5 Feb 15, 2006
Iverson should stay as a 76er and Billy King should get some quality players that can help this organization to work. I'm not getting on his case but 10 years iverson been in the nba a no ring it's a reason for that because if you don't have team work what do you have. Jordan did'nt get his rings until he found a player who can support him when he had a off game. This team can be a championship team just need more developing.

#1 Fan
AQUEEL

King Of Prussia, PA

#6 Feb 16, 2006
Iverson is the best player in the nba pound for pound he gives his best everytime he steps out on the floor.He will be a sixer until he retires mark my word, now what needs to happen is Billy king needs to find one more player that can compliment Iverson,and C-Webb.But if you ask me the sixers are fine just give them until after the All-Star break and watch how many games they win.
DARTANYAN

Acton, CA

#7 Feb 16, 2006
Allen Iverson has been nothing but excitement for the city of Philadelphia from day one! He has given his time to children of the city. And has been a true embassador to the town. He has represented the team in the All-Star Game for the past seven years. With two MVP's. When is the last time the sixers had a league MVP before Iverson? The man has never bad mouth his team, even though he's always been surrounded by sucky players. He stays positive and supportive. Think about how the media almost helped Larry "I'll turn my back on a team when they're in trouble" Brown try to trade AI. If Philly trades it's only true superstar they will never see the playoffs. Billy King needs to take responsiblity for not getting quality role players around "The Answer". Pat Croche would've had all the right guys around him by now. "AI till I die!!!!"
Warren Moseley-holmes

Orange Park, FL

#8 Feb 16, 2006
DARTANYAN wrote:
Allen Iverson has been nothing but excitement for the city of Philadelphia from day one! He has given his time to children of the city. And has been a true embassador to the town. He has represented the team in the All-Star Game for the past seven years. With two MVP's. When is the last time the sixers had a league MVP before Iverson? The man has never bad mouth his team, even though he's always been surrounded by sucky players. He stays positive and supportive. Think about how the media almost helped Larry "I'll turn my back on a team when they're in trouble" Brown try to trade AI. If Philly trades it's only true superstar they will never see the playoffs. Billy King needs to take responsiblity for not getting quality role players around "The Answer". Pat Croche would've had all the right guys around him by now. "AI till I die!!!!"
I couldn't have said that better myself
Warren Moseley-holmes

Orange Park, FL

#9 Feb 16, 2006
I just want to say to all you Allen Iverson haters that call yourselves 76er fans to change the team that you root for if you don't want to root for AI. Mr.Dartanyan couldn't have been more right on his quote. The problem is you aren't real sixer fans. Did you take the time to realize Allen for the past two seasons has been in the top 10 in assist. And not number 10 either. He can't make shots for other people. Do you see some of the bricks his teammates through up when they are wide open!!! He needs more help. Once that happens, just wait and see, Haters!!!
Jason L

Temple Hills, MD

#10 Feb 18, 2006
Allen Iverson has been one of the best players in the league for some time now. The thought of trading your only star is absurd. The Sixers need to surround him with hard-nosed defenders like they did in their most recent Finals appearence. Iverson is always an MVP candidate, putting up 30+ pts , 7+ assists, and 2 steals per game. Without Iverson, the Sixers would drop to the bottom of an already weak Atlantic Division. Philly should be more concerned with getting better rebounding big men than trading the icon of their franchise.
BOB

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Feb 19, 2006
Iverson Should Not Be traded
Tavarus Wilson

Warner Robins, GA

#13 Feb 19, 2006
iverson should be traded to lakers that why him and kobe can become the best that ever played the game.
christopher

Quezon, Philippines

#14 Feb 19, 2006
Trading A.I is a no-no.Everybody knows Iverson has that big heart.He is the toughest player in the league.The best thing to do is surround him with good devensive players.you just cant let go of AI that easy.Iverson forever the best!!!just keep playing man,we love you!!!
christopher cuntapay

Quezon, Philippines

#15 Feb 19, 2006
i think its a NONSENSE if you trade the best player in the nba right now!!!AI is AI,period!!!dont trade AI,its a mortal sin!!!just wait after the all-star break and your doubts and querries will be answered!!!
Villy Lindz

AOL

#16 Feb 20, 2006
My sons love A.I. for long time. A.I. is very mature man now. He is ready to play for a different team or not. A.I. will never forget in Philly for a long time, for sure. Wish him the best luck, wherever he will play, if it happens. Lindz
baller

Clifton Park, NY

#17 Feb 20, 2006
if philly wants to win games they need iverson, because philadelphia isnt good without him and kobe or shaq wouldnt be good to play on the philadelphia 76ers

Iverson is the Greatest to ever play in the nba
baller

Clifton Park, NY

#18 Feb 20, 2006
iverson won't be traded
Jamal

Oxon Hill, MD

#19 Feb 20, 2006
Allen Iverson is and will always be the best player to ever play this game.He has 2 NBA All-Star Game MVP's and 1 NBA MVP Award.He has 4 scoring titles. I'm his cousin and I talked with him All-Star weekend and he said he was just looking to get his teamates involved but if he does that look for a NBA Championship Ring on his finger by June.

P.S.- If they trade Iverson say good-bye to the fans and the wins!!!!
Free4three

Philadelphia, PA

#20 Feb 20, 2006
I was sitting around thinking : there's no way they can trade AI, especially for younger guys.

But then I thought : AI, Sammy and Webber for Nash , Marion and Stoudemire ? I'd make that trade . AI and Sammy for Arenas and Z- might make that one too. AI and Webber for Rasheed and Billups -maybe ..

There are possibilities here ... I know it sounds heretical.... and I'm a huge AI fan- but imagine AI/Webber for Vince and Kidd, or Carmelo and Andre Miller, or AI and Sammy for Duncan and Parker .... I've watched this team since 1976 - it would be great to get another championmship here .
Steve

Canada

#21 Feb 20, 2006
Never Ever Trade Iverson Hes The Best Player To Step Onto The Court, Think Of All The Loses They Will Get If Phili Trades Him And Plus If Your A Real Iverson Fan You Wouldnt Be Showing Possibilities Of Trades For Him Or Sayin You Were A Fan And Then Sayin He Should Be Traded Allen Iverson Is The Best!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 71
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Sports Beyond Measure: Do The Sixers Risk Losin... Feb '15 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News Sixers scrap shortcuts by stockpiling draft picks Feb '15 SellerNeedsABuyer 1
News Does Allen Iverson Deserve a Return to the NBA? (Aug '12) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Bennett to the 76ers (Aug '14) Aug '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
News Sixers chat with Keith Pompey (Jun '14) Jun '14 dubs 1
More from around the web