Hedo leaning toward opting out of contract at season's end

Hedo Turkoglu has a lot on his mind, not the least of which is Philadelphia 76ers forward Andre Iguodala. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Big baby

Mount Dora, FL

#1 Apr 20, 2009
pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! After the lack of heart and manhood that he display the other night his contract is the last thing i want to hear.
Hmm

Cape Canaveral, FL

#2 Apr 20, 2009
If Turk decides to opt out, I don't think we would be loosing out on much. A player like Rasheed Wallace would be good for the remainder of his contract. He's a big guy who may actually be able to grab some boards so winning a game wasn't one rebound away. Carlos Boozer could be another option, but may ask for much. Don't criticize this posting too much, as I haven't really compared salaries and what we have left, considering it may not be a lot after the heavy contracts of Dwight, Nelson, and Lewis.

GO MAGIC!!
Brian

Safety Harbor, FL

#3 Apr 20, 2009
Where the **** does he even mention opting out?
He said he wants to stay.
Stupid Sentinel

AOL

#4 Apr 20, 2009
Stirring up more trouble at an inopportune time.
Stand Tall

United States

#5 Apr 20, 2009
"I don't think people are going to make a decision on my playing in the playoffs ... if I play good or bad," Turkoglu said. "I think people saw what I did the last two years. I think people realize I'm not 100 percent. I'm not thinking about the contract situation."

That is going to be his undoing right there in that comment. Mark my words now. Regular season play is certainly important, but if you can't push your team to another level in the playoffs, your efforts amount to nothing. This especially applies to the Magic and Otis who has made it absolutely clear that "A Championship is the goal".

That said, he will get his walking papers this summer if we exit anywhere short of the Easern Conference Finals. I love Turk, but after that numbskull quote, if he doesn't perform, it's time to move him and go for Rasheed Wallace. Then we can move Rashard (another under-performer right now) back to his natural position.

Turk, if you want to stay here, you better play like it, because you have had a cruddy season considering the players that surround you.
Black Bolt

Fruitland Park, FL

#6 Apr 20, 2009
Way to stir the pot Sentinel! Good timing too! You guys must get paid to be idiots! When did Turk say he was opting out? Not once. He doesn't want to talk about the contract, so don't! He wants to be sure he gets market value, which isn't much at this point, but that's beside the point. If he leaves, big deal. It can't be any worse than when Shaq left so stop being a gossip column like ESPN. I swear, you a-holes belittle and berate your hometown team worse than any other NBA city. No wonder real sports reporters laugh at you ass-clowns!

“Orlando Magic........... ......”

Since: Jul 07

Magic land

#7 Apr 20, 2009
Folks here is what I think would be the best for Hedo for the next few games.
Bring him off the bench.
Our starting line up should be:
Raefer PG
Lee 2
Lewis 3
Tony 4
Howard 5

Then you have Hedo, Air France and the Polish Hammer off the bench for a better punch.
In this series I would keep JJ on the bench he does not line up well with Philadelphia.( not personal I like JJ )
Mike

Orlando, FL

#8 Apr 20, 2009
Roberthenry wrote:
Folks here is what I think would be the best for Hedo for the next few games.
Bring him off the bench.
Our starting line up should be:
Raefer PG
Lee 2
Lewis 3
Tony 4
Howard 5
Then you have Hedo, Air France and the Polish Hammer off the bench for a better punch.
In this series I would keep JJ on the bench he does not line up well with Philadelphia.( not personal I like JJ )
Agreed 100 percent. However, I don't think Stan will want to shake up the lineup just yet. But if Hedo's game 2 is anything like game 1, look for the shakeup to come in game 3.
Fan of Florida Teams

Winter Park, FL

#9 Apr 20, 2009
He says right there that he isn't thinking about his contract situation. But the media keep asking him about it so he has to respond. It's you guys who are asking him what he's going to do. Stop asking him about it, and then you won't have to ask this question.
Confused

Orlando, FL

#10 Apr 20, 2009
Doesn't "opting out" mean he's leaving? Best I can tell from the article is that he wants to stay. Which is it?
Bigboy

Longwood, FL

#11 Apr 20, 2009
Don't put the blame on Hedo. The sentinel sport writer need to grow up, people who love their home town sport team don't write or talk about contract durning playoff. Please write about why we lost game 1. Let Rafer Altson know he need to pass the ball and stop driving the lane for lay up he can't make. Dwight was open many times and he can't find him. Anthony Johnson did a better job while he was on the court and god bless Cortney Lee, he really like a future star in this league.
dadgad

United States

#12 Apr 21, 2009
Black Bolt wrote:
Way to stir the pot Sentinel! Good timing too! You guys must get paid to be idiots! When did Turk say he was opting out? Not once. He doesn't want to talk about the contract, so don't! He wants to be sure he gets market value, which isn't much at this point, but that's beside the point. If he leaves, big deal. It can't be any worse than when Shaq left so stop being a gossip column like ESPN. I swear, you a-holes belittle and berate your hometown team worse than any other NBA city. No wonder real sports reporters laugh at you ****-clowns!
You hit the nail on the head BB. This is just typical Slantinel crap. This shlt rag loves to kick the local teams especially when they're down,(UCF can attest to that). No wonder this pieceofshit rag is going out of business... I'm surprised they are even allowed inside the arena.
c2uk

Glasgow, UK

#13 Apr 21, 2009
A couple of people don't get the difference between opting out of a contract and leaving the organisation. One can certainly opt out of a contract and stay. They opt out in order to get a better deal, e.g. Gilbert Arenas.

But yeah, bad timing to talk about this...
JTA

Orlando, FL

#14 Apr 21, 2009
"And if that's not enough, Turkoglu, contractually speaking, is also trying to stay in Orlando with the Magic."

"Turkoglu indicated during an interview with the Sentinel on Monday that he's leaning toward opting out"
say what? am I missing something here?
Jeff

Orlando, FL

#15 Apr 21, 2009
This is such BS. They need to fire this idiot for writing this and the damn headline. If you actually read the article, like the others posting here already have, he states he would like to stay but wants to be secure with his contract. Why cant the headline be "Hedo wants to stay in Orlando". They have to make everything sound so negative. Its repulsing.

Oh and I really dont want Rasheed Wallace on this team. Sure he might help and bring some toughness but hes a loose cannon, that and hes getting pretty old, he only has a few good years left in him at best.
apo

Istanbul, Turkey

#16 Apr 21, 2009
Where did he say he was opting out?
And benching Hedo is ridiculous.. Who will make plays then? Who will defend Iggy? He was able to shoot over Hedo so Lee will be too easy for him. Sixers defense is so easy to figure, they overplay the forwards to prevent the 3ball,they don't double Howard, let the guards use the ball. And it worked because Alston couldn't make 3-4 layups..
Somebody in the team should be wise enough to drive inside and dish to Howard or finish himself...Lee did it a few times but he is a rookie can't take responsibility in every possession.
I blame Alston and Lewis for the loss, any NBA player should be able to make a layup, and a 120$ mill.player should be able to dominate a 20yr. old player on offense.

“Vegas Baby!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Orlando, FL

#17 Apr 21, 2009
Looks like the Sentinel should do a couple more layoffs!!!!

Pretty deceiving headline and article!!
Van Gundys Mustache

Orlando, FL

#18 Apr 21, 2009
He wants to stay and the Sentinel can't hear what Turk said or what they wrote.
DriveBy Poster

United States

#19 Apr 21, 2009
I think we should all take it for granted that he WILL opt out. That's pretty much standard operating procedure for any athlete with a similar contract. There are exceptions, but unless a player's performance has seriously degraded (and I don't think his has), there's usually more money in a new deal that can be negotiated after opting out. It might be with the Magic, it might not; it'll be with the highest bidder. Not to sound cynical, because that's common sense, but he'll go to the highest bidder, which will almost certainly be higher than his current deal.
Hannah

United States

#20 Apr 21, 2009
Thaaaanks Brian for another bonehead Sentinel move.

The guys game was bad enough Sunday. This is icing on the cake.

Gotta wonder where his head really is at if he's taking time talking to you rather than focusing on the task at hand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Allen Iverson Deserve a Return to the NBA? (Aug '12) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
Bennett to the 76ers Aug '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
Sixers chat with Keith Pompey (Jun '14) Jun '14 dubs 1
2014 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Julius Randle Could ... (May '14) May '14 brz 1
Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... (May '14) May '14 rob 1
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
More from around the web