NCAA Tournament: The Big Dance finall...

NCAA Tournament: The Big Dance finally returns to South Florida

There are 23 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 17, 2009, titled NCAA Tournament: The Big Dance finally returns to South Florida. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Before he was Jesus Shuttlesworth of He Got Game fame, an NBA All-Star or an NBA champion, Ray Allen was a freshman sixth man at Connecticut just two games from a Final Four.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Does It Matter

United States

#1 Mar 17, 2009
And this is considered news?
David

Palm Bay, FL

#2 Mar 17, 2009
Good article. However, in the last sentence, please note that Gators Chomp; Seminole chop.
EdGator

Miami Beach, FL

#3 Mar 17, 2009
I was there for that regional. I had gone ahead and purchased 4 tickets through UM, which was hosting the games) back in the previous fall without any idea of which teams would be there. I had sold two, but my wife (big March Madness fan) and I sat down with our flask and two cokes for the first game. I remember how the side-court seats were divided evenly into four quadrants each with a different team's colors. After the first game, exiting Hoosier fans would sell or give their tickets to waiting Gator fans outside. When it came to the UF/UCONN game, the area was 3/4 Orange and Blue. It was an emotional night for me, hanging around watching the Gators cutting down the nets and everyone singing "It's Great To Be a Florida Gator" over and over. It felt like we were walking 6 feet off the ground when we stepped out. I ran into several Gator fans outside whom I hadn't seen since graduation. I'm disappointed the team didn't get into the NCAAs this year, but proud of what Billy Donovan is doing up in Gainesville. Go Gators!

BTW, my daughter just graduated UF this past May. I enjoyed all the time I was able to spend in Gainesville while visiting her. Great school, great town. She also had an incredible 4 years with all the national championships.
Tired of It

Newport, RI

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Enough! Stop looking for ways to tie the Gators to a story! They DID NOT make it to the dance this year - so let it go already.
Jeremy in south FL

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Mar 17, 2009
How about an article on the school in our state that actually made the tournament THIS YEAR?(Florida State). That's what you should be writing about, FSU's upcoming game vs. Wisconsin on Friday and the other match-ups in the Big Dance this weekend. Instead, UF doesn't even get invited this year, and you're still writing articles about them. THIS IS NOT NEWS.
CastorTroy

Hialeah, FL

#6 Mar 17, 2009
Move along, nothing to see here.
pepe

Gainesville, FL

#7 Mar 17, 2009
Jeremy in south FL wrote:
How about an article on the school in our state that actually made the tournament THIS YEAR?(Florida State). That's what you should be writing about, FSU's upcoming game vs. Wisconsin on Friday and the other match-ups in the Big Dance this weekend. Instead, UF doesn't even get invited this year, and you're still writing articles about them. THIS IS NOT NEWS.
The Gators have been in the NCAA tournament 11 out of the last 16 years. we made it to the Final Four 4 times, the Championship game 3 of those times, and won it all twice. In the last 16 years, we have more Final Fours and National Championship appearances than Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, and UCLA. This is the first time FSU makes it to the tourney in 11 years!
Gatoralum

Hollywood, FL

#8 Mar 17, 2009
it's still all about the Gators baby, all gators all the time!
louie judd

Gainesville, FL

#9 Mar 17, 2009
I just took the test, How Well Do You Know Florida State Basketball, I only missed 9 out of 10
UF Sux

Pompano Beach, FL

#10 Mar 17, 2009
the Florida gators suck. period.
Aubie

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Mar 17, 2009
pepe wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gators have been in the NCAA tournament 11 out of the last 16 years. we made it to the Final Four 4 times, the Championship game 3 of those times, and won it all twice. In the last 16 years, we have more Final Fours and National Championship appearances than Duke, North Carolina, Kentucky, Kansas, Indiana, and UCLA. This is the first time FSU makes it to the tourney in 11 years!
Hey Pepe, FSU is there and you're not! Quit living in the past bud.
Noles Forever

Stuart, FL

#12 Mar 17, 2009
pepe wrote:
<quoted text>
All the more reason to write about FSU. How is it news worthy today what the gators did in the past?
GreenNGold

AOL

#13 Mar 17, 2009
Siena will win it all, after beating Louisville.
retarded sentinel poster

Delray Beach, FL

#14 Mar 17, 2009
too bad that chintzy college basketball crap was on espn and not the WBC. a great game on the radio. what a joke, boring brackets on display rather than a classic WBC game.
kevin

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Mar 17, 2009
Gators stink
huh

Pompano Beach, FL

#16 Mar 17, 2009
huh
Delray Rag

AOL

#17 Mar 17, 2009
retarded sentinel poster wrote:
too bad that chintzy college basketball crap was on espn and not the WBC. a great game on the radio. what a joke, boring brackets on display rather than a classic WBC game.
What's the WBC?
Dolfan_Cane for Life

Lakeland, FL

#18 Mar 17, 2009
Gatoralum wrote:
it's still all about the Gators baby, all gators all the time!
Gayter nation is all about peter puffin.. and JET FAN gives free blumpkins
Dolfan_Cane for Life

Lakeland, FL

#19 Mar 17, 2009
Gatorascum=peter puffer
retarded sentinel poster

Delray Beach, FL

#20 Mar 18, 2009
that was soooo pathetic, they had some chintzy college ball game instead of the history-making drama of the United States win in the bottom of the 9th. I guess they feel they have to cater to the middle aged house husband type and his dopey little bwackets.

again the US is embarrassed in front of the world.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... Feb 20 NextPhartzz 2
News Luther Strange to run for Jeff Sessions' Senate... Jan '17 Phart Mart 5
D'Allan Rixx Goes Hard For Ben Simmons On Draft... (Jun '16) Jun '16 loveartforever 1
News 76ers, StubHub partner for first NBA jersey ad (May '16) May '16 Cool 1
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) May '16 Sam 5
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... (Jul '15) Jan '16 Fart news 4
Iverson trade talk (Feb '06) Jan '16 your neighbor 1,411
More from around the web