Iverson out indefinitely to spend tim...

Iverson out indefinitely to spend time with ill daughter

There are 17 comments on the WTKR story from Feb 23, 2010, titled Iverson out indefinitely to spend time with ill daughter. In it, WTKR reports that:

Philadelphia 76ers guard Allen Iverson has left the team and is out indefinitely to spend time with his ill daughter amid a report that his career with the team may be over.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

Rush

Irvington, VA

#1 Feb 23, 2010
People love him because he beat a white girl in a bolling alley in Hampton many years ago.
Concerned Citizen

Saint Amant, LA

#2 Feb 23, 2010
It is commendable for him to realize that family comes first.
God

Ahoskie, NC

#3 Feb 23, 2010
putting your child before the love for basketball.. i understand bruh. . .
UCme

Manlius, NY

#4 Feb 23, 2010
Using a sick child as an excuse for your lack of enthusiasm and piss poor work ethic is by no means commendable.A new low even for this misfit.The good people of Philly should run this bum out on the rails from Union Station!
Jones in Hampton

Newport News, VA

#5 Feb 23, 2010
UCme has got to be the stupidest person in the world. You have no clue whats going on in his world. Your statement sure as he** isnt commendable. If you would rather work than take care of your sick child, thats your poor parenting skills showing. Hes able to set out and spend time with his daughter. He served his time for "whatever " happened.
Chuck I hope your daughter gets better!!!!!
UCme

Manlius, NY

#6 Feb 23, 2010
Do you think he really is a hands on daddy.The only reason he even knows she's sick is he got tweeted from the nanny!
Carl

Virginia Beach, VA

#7 Feb 23, 2010
Put the past right where it belongs...otherwise those naysayers...get the f##K over it! Allen Iverson, I hope that your daughter is okay. As for the NBA staff and officials, you all had better give him moral support!
Rush

Irvington, VA

#8 Feb 23, 2010
Whatever became of the white girl he beat up in the bolling alley. I heard she had permament injuries. Good old Gov. Doug Wilder pardoned him for a job well done.
Backs are Racist

Aptos, CA

#9 Feb 24, 2010
most likely a cover 4 drug rehab b/c he failed drug test or time off 2 do more drugs w/ his thugs. If AI was white, he'd still be in jail!
ahbon

Waterloo, IA

#10 Feb 24, 2010
God wrote:
putting your child before the love for basketball.. i understand bruh...
Flamingo please. He getting cut from the team . i once spit on his pizza
ieskantys

Seoul, Korea

#11 Feb 24, 2010
what means this "ahbon sucks"? I see it all over.
Robin Thomas

Virginia Beach, VA

#12 Feb 25, 2010
In my opionion Iverson is doing what he thinks is best for his daughter and the fans will understand that he is a father and husband first and a basketball player last my thoughts and prayers go out to the Iverson family.
Rush

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2010
Robin Thomas wrote:
In my opionion Iverson is doing what he thinks is best for his daughter and the fans will understand that he is a father and husband first and a basketball player last my thoughts and prayers go out to the Iverson family.
How about the girl he beat up in the bowling alley in Hampton? Do your thoughts and prayers go out to her ?
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#14 Feb 26, 2010
Robin Thomas wrote:
Father and HUSBAND first, do you mean he is married to the mother of this child?
Rush

United States

#15 Feb 26, 2010
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Father and HUSBAND first, do you mean he is married to the mother of this child?
In today's culture, do you really believe he is married to the mother of his child?
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#16 Feb 27, 2010
Rush wrote:
<quoted text>
In today's culture, do you really believe he is married to the mother of his child?
Not is CERTAIN portions of today's culture, do I need to elaborate?
Rush

United States

#17 Feb 27, 2010
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Not is CERTAIN portions of today's culture, do I need to elaborate?
When I look back at the era when I was a young adult and compare it to the way people behave now, it's so sad it's laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... Feb '17 NextPhartzz 2
News Luther Strange to run for Jeff Sessions' Senate... Jan '17 Phart Mart 5
D'Allan Rixx Goes Hard For Ben Simmons On Draft... (Jun '16) Jun '16 loveartforever 1
News 76ers, StubHub partner for first NBA jersey ad (May '16) May '16 Cool 1
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) May '16 Sam 5
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... (Jul '15) Jan '16 Fart news 4
Iverson trade talk (Feb '06) Jan '16 your neighbor 1,411
More from around the web