Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu still searchi...

Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu still searching for his 4th-quarter Magic

There are 34 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Apr 25, 2009, titled Orlando's Hedo Turkoglu still searching for his 4th-quarter Magic. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

H edo Turkoglu has long been known as "Mr. Fourth Quarter" for the Orlando Magic .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Yas

United States

#1 Apr 25, 2009
let's hope he can put together a good game today. this is a must win!
Brian

Orlando, FL

#2 Apr 25, 2009
I know Turk will step it up tonight!
derek

Flagstaff, AZ

#3 Apr 25, 2009
Declare his injury is too inhibiting. Or talk about what's going on more with SVG, and stop doing the pet pick and roll at the top. Take more midrange jumpers, and don't flop when driving anymore. Only 2 more losses like this, and Id be surprised to see Hedo be back with the Magic.
Ilker

Usak, Turkey

#4 Apr 26, 2009
First of all, its not just Hedo or Rashard !... Magic is playing awful basketball especially on offensive end, the main reason of the situation is playmaker position ! Rafer Alston is playing crappy street basketball, its the playoffs baby, they dont let you show off ! He should understand that if he cant pass to the right men on the right time his team will have no chance to go further... He has to see his shooters on the corners quickly but he doesnt do that in the 3 games so far he usually plays with the ball himself, he ruins the Magic`s system !.. Magic is definately missing Jameer !..
college parker

Oviedo, FL

#5 Apr 26, 2009
Ilker wrote:
First of all, its not just Hedo or Rashard !... Magic is playing awful basketball especially on offensive end, the main reason of the situation is playmaker position ! Rafer Alston is playing crappy street basketball, its the playoffs baby, they dont let you show off ! He should understand that if he cant pass to the right men on the right time his team will have no chance to go further... He has to see his shooters on the corners quickly but he doesnt do that in the 3 games so far he usually plays with the ball himself, he ruins the Magic`s system !.. Magic is definately missing Jameer !..
Sorry my Turkish friend ... Hedo's not close to 75% physically and it's affecting the mental aspect of his game too. Put the two together and he's playing at 50% capacity. I think MP should play the majority of minutes until Hedo becomes ready to play. When MP came in the last game they went on a 14-2 run. When he went out and Hedo came in, they lost that energy and momentum.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Since: Mar 09

Windermere, FL

#6 Apr 26, 2009
Ilker wrote:
Where are you from? Turkey?

Rafer almost to a fault looks to pass before shooting.

Your comrade Hedo is Number 1 problem>
NutSack

Eddyville, KY

#7 Apr 26, 2009
Dr James! Here you are, you old dawg! First, let me commend you on your excellent ability to cure blue bahlz with a simple laying on of hands. Great!

Second, where are you from, Haines City? Alston's ability to quickly decide whether to distribute or shoot is hardly a fault.
say what

Converse, TX

#8 Apr 26, 2009
"Of course, it's frustrating," Turkoglu said. "It's tough to be in a situation where I can't help the team to pass the hump. But the good thing about this is there's always another game, another day. For myself, I can bounce back."

let me explain something to you hedo! that type of mentality!(there's always another game)is no the mentality of a winner.

successful people dont just say oh i was gona do this but you know what there is another day tomorrow soooo yeah im not gona fix it blah blah blah .

NO! they look at what they did wrong, study themselves, mentally prepare themselves, think of things that they may need to tweak to adapt to there surroundings, they bring it 2,3,4,5, 100% harder every time to make sure there giving it there all!

so MR TURK get ur mental right and maybe just maybe you can stop making excuses and just get the job done

ITS NOT ABOUT LIP SERVICE ITS ABOUT RESULTS!
LMAO

AOL

#9 Apr 26, 2009
I can hardly wait for the comedy of errors this evening!

LMAO!
:)
Ilker

Usak, Turkey

#10 Apr 26, 2009
Of course injury gives Hedo a hard time but i think the main reason of Magic`s bad play in playoffs is on the playmaker position ! Rafer is not doing his main job well enough, he should play for his team not for himself ! The more he holds the ball in his hands without passing the more Magic struggles offensively ! Lewis and Hedo can`t be effective in this situation and everything would be on Howard`s shoulders ! You can`t play like this in playoffs. Magic is definitely missing Jameer. Coach Stan should warn Alston to pass more and leave the ball from his hands quickly, create more free shooting positions for the shooters otherwise no hope..........
Hope Magic will play better on defensively as well, they should be more aggressive and tough.
cpoe

Augusta, GA

#11 Apr 26, 2009
"Of course, it's frustrating," Turkoglu said. "It's tough to be in a situation where I can't help the team to pass the hump. But the good thing about this is there's always another game, another day. For myself, I can bounce back."

WHAT? There's always another game? Another day? What kind of attitude is that? It's that kind of attitude that will keep you from becoming the player you think you are.

You might not be getting paid the money you think you deserve and certainly not what others on your team are making, but you're making more than most of your countrymen and more than most of us here in America. And you're getting paid to play a game. What are you thinking?? I get irritated just looking at you fumble through the players and pass the ball to no one.
MIZZ

Tampa, FL

#12 Apr 26, 2009
if the magic lose this series, they need to make some major changes to the roster. ie. get rid of turk and gortat AND PICK UP A PF!!!
Heblo Turkaloser

Palm Bay, FL

#13 Apr 26, 2009
This guy has been a joke all season. Terrible shot selection, low basketball IQ, high turn over rate and a disgusting shooting percentage to back all of that up. Hopefully he opts out and we go after Paul Millsap or Brandon Bass to play next to Dwight. Rashard will be much more effective at SF and won't take the beating in the post anymore. And if we lose on another game winner tonight my poor remote controller won't make it to tomorrow.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#14 Apr 26, 2009
NutSack wrote:
Dr James! Here you are, you old dawg! First, let me commend you on your excellent ability to cure blue bahlz with a simple laying on of hands. Great!
Second, where are you from, Haines City? Alston's ability to quickly decide whether to distribute or shoot is hardly a fault.
Thanks, I think.

Bithlo is where I like to call my starting point, the center of the used truck modification universe ... and now proud home of the JJ Fan Club.

My comments were almost-to-a-fault. I meant it as a compliment to Alston and A disagreement with Hedo's cousin.

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#15 Apr 26, 2009
Ilker wrote:
Of course injury gives Hedo a hard time but i think the main reason of Magic`s bad play in playoffs is on the playmaker position ! Rafer is not doing his main job well enough, he should play for his team not for himself ! The more he holds the ball in his hands without passing the more Magic struggles offensively ! Lewis and Hedo can`t be effective in this situation and everything would be on Howard`s shoulders ! You can`t play like this in playoffs. Magic is definitely missing Jameer. Coach Stan should warn Alston to pass more and leave the ball from his hands quickly, create more free shooting positions for the shooters otherwise no hope..........
Hope Magic will play better on defensively as well, they should be more aggressive and tough.
My Turkish Comrade,

We disagree.

Alston is doing his job. Turkolu is NOT doing his.

Perhaps it would help if I translate:

"Alston okidokie. Turkolu suck goat hiney."

“"Hoop there it is"”

Windermere, FL

#16 Apr 26, 2009
Finally a LOGICAL explanation for Hedo's performance:

gates

South Bend, IN

#17 Apr 26, 2009
Heblo Turkaloser wrote:
This guy has been a joke all season. Terrible shot selection, low basketball IQ, high turn over rate and a disgusting shooting percentage to back all of that up. Hopefully he opts out and we go after Paul Millsap or Brandon Bass to play next to Dwight. Rashard will be much more effective at SF and won't take the beating in the post anymore. And if we lose on another game winner tonight my poor remote controller won't make it to tomorrow.
low basketball IQ and hedo? you can critisice him for everythinq but not basketball IQ my friend. Your phiosophy is simple. Hit the white guy or hit the international guy when things go worse then expected. And what's wrong with the idea of "there's always another game". what is he (and other players) supposed to do? cry like everything is gone or turn the page and focus on next game? pros should and will follow the second way, no matter whiners like some of you guys have in your great basketball IQ minds. I think you guys should shut up and wait until the end of playoffs before cutting players' heads.
Xerox

Titusville, FL

#18 Apr 26, 2009
World class Ball Hog + horrendous passer = HEDO !

Since: Apr 09

Mount Dora, FL

#19 Apr 26, 2009
Brian thanx for not bashing our team like Mike b wutever lol. and thanx for not making stupid ace sarcastic jokes bout the sixers lol. you are great writer. they need to fire mike. and yeh we gotta win. lets go strong magic.! lets tie the series!!!

Since: Apr 09

Mount Dora, FL

#20 Apr 26, 2009
get rid of gortat. lol. u a bad gm den lolz. da problem with the magic is they are a 3 pt shooting team besides howard. they live and die by threes. they dont have that shooting guard/ go to player. injured or not turk and lewis gotta and have to step it up.And this is lee's time to evolve into a good shooting guard. lets get a win!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nate McMillan should dare to be weird Sep 2 TritpiPharterz 6
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... (Feb '17) Feb '17 NextPhartzz 2
News Luther Strange to run for Jeff Sessions' Senate... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Phart Mart 5
D'Allan Rixx Goes Hard For Ben Simmons On Draft... (Jun '16) Jun '16 loveartforever 1
News 76ers, StubHub partner for first NBA jersey ad (May '16) May '16 Cool 1
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) May '16 Sam 5
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... (Jul '15) Jan '16 Fart news 4
More from around the web