Magic's Howard suspended for Game 6 vs. 76ers

Full story: The Morning Call
Dwight Howard will have plenty of elbow room wherever he watches Game 6. Howard could stretch out in his hotel room and click on the TV. Full Story
brian

North Wales, PA

#1 Apr 30, 2009
This Suspension reminds me of the time when a bunch of football coaches in the lehigh valley got together and came up with a way to eliminate tough competition. The Competition was one coach Bob Stem (Phillipsburg head coach) who was coaching Bethlehem Catholic at the time. Coach Stem was kicking everyones Arse and the only way to get him to stop was to create a different league and not allow him to compete in it. Dwight Howard is just one more victim of being too good to be allowed to play. Elbows fly everynight in the NBA. Hell this guy had his eyeballs scratched by you guessed it the guy he elbowed. Sam Dalembert. I don't see this guy sitting on the bench for Scratcing Corneas. I am just amazed how this Suspension which pretty much amounts to a loss for an already depleted basketball team (as far as injuries go) doesn't raise the eyebrows of sports pundits. One positive note. Daniel Stern Gets an extra game of Adverttising and television revenue for his owners to divvy up. Next you will see Vince McMahon of the WWE running the NBA! Hey, the dude can turn a profit, and profit is what its all about now. Not who is the better team.
philly fluck

Washington, DC

#2 Apr 30, 2009
the only way the RUBES from philly can win!!! Cry, sixers, CRY---
Minstrel In The Gallery

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2009
The elbow was flagrant, deliberate and meant to injure. The replay proves it. The rules are the rules. So shut up already. Oh yeah, nice job taking out his own teammate with a flying elbow.

That game was so one-sided from an officiating standpoint, it's pretty sad. The Sixers did not complain but Tony DiLeo felt that he should speak up about the inequities in the officiating. Any objective observer could tell that the calls were heavily in favor of the home team. I would expect the refs to make up for that tonight and give the Sixers the benefit of the home court advantage. Can't wait for Game 7! Go Sixers!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett to the 76ers Aug '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
Sixers chat with Keith Pompey Jun '14 dubs 1
2014 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Julius Randle Could ... May '14 brz 1
Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... May '14 rob 1
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers Apr '14 lary dumie 1
Allen Iverson jersey retired by Philadelphia 76ers (Mar '14) Mar '14 John bolaris 2
•••
•••

Philadelphia 76ers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••