SHELBURNE: Lakers need to take a hint when it involves Gasol

There are 9 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 17, 2009, titled SHELBURNE: Lakers need to take a hint when it involves Gasol. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Kobe Bryant #24 and Pau Gasol #16 of the Los Angeles Lakers talk on the bench during the game against the Philadelphia 76ers at Wachovia Center on December 3, 2008 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

kampikkobe

Parañaque, Philippines

#1 Mar 17, 2009
Hey Ramona, i hope the Lakers were able to read this article. Maybe you should also add and mention more often - the victories they earned in Boston and Cleveland with Bynum not playing. That should boost their confidence and realize how really strong they are!
FanofKobe

Tempe, AZ

#2 Mar 17, 2009
The Lakers have too many offensive options to become one dimentional - Gasol is open because of the double teams and focus on stopping Kobe and others. The Lakers have plenty of offense, it is the defense that Gasol needs to focus on.
Joel

Riverside, CA

#3 Mar 17, 2009
I somewhat agree with article. The lakers at times need to make more of an effort to get the ball down low, especially the second unit. Pau plays the start of the 4th and I don't think he took one shot in the first 5 minutes of the fourth. But its a different story when the starters on on the floor. The game kobe was hot, ariza was hot so of course they should get their shots when they have them. Odom was missing open layups, and sasha's time with the starters he was missing wide open shots. So those are shots you have to take. It's easy to bring up the point gasol only had 3 shots in the 4th because the lakers lost their lead. But it was truly the second unit that should've but didn't make an effort to get pau the ball.
apujac

San Marcos, TX

#4 Mar 17, 2009
atta boy pau, i agree with you my fellow country man. when a guy has a goodnight he should be given the opportunity to continue his streak until he's cold. iit's probably the coaches doing to spread the scoring around as to not get any one player feel left out. we'll see tonight. and oh, when you're down low, would you try just catch and two hand dunk? that's a sure foul for the other team.
tomyupw

United States

#5 Mar 17, 2009
Has the Lakers figured out how to fight through the zone yet? They seem to have more success when they pass the ball to their big men, Gasol and Bdenga, or have Kobe penetrate.
john

Parañaque, Philippines

#6 Mar 17, 2009
are you making an issue to shake the lakers, common its not a big deal, pau have two crucial turnovers in the 4th,
nick

Bellevue, WA

#7 Mar 17, 2009
for having the best record in the N.B.A. , the Lakers seem to have more than enough issues.
virginia sawaya

United States

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Love Gasol...so professional, dedicated, untiring and considerate. What a pleasure to watch this young man play the game as it should be played. Good luck, Pau, Kobe, Derek, and rest of gang. Long time fan.
Randy

Lawndale, CA

#9 Mar 17, 2009
Basically he is saying Kobe is jacking up too many shots

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Sports Beyond Measure: Do The Sixers Risk Losin... Feb '15 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News Sixers scrap shortcuts by stockpiling draft picks Feb '15 SellerNeedsABuyer 1
News Does Allen Iverson Deserve a Return to the NBA? (Aug '12) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
News Bennett to the 76ers (Aug '14) Aug '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
News NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
News Sixers chat with Keith Pompey (Jun '14) Jun '14 dubs 1
More from around the web