Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon in slump sin...

Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon in slump since 43-point game

There are 22 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 13, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls Ben Gordon in slump since 43-point game. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Where's Dwyane Wade when Ben Gordon needs him? In two games since scoring 43 points in his memorable shootout with Wade, Gordon has averaged 6.5 points on 22.7 percent shooting.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jay

Montrose, CO

#1 Mar 13, 2009
These are the problems of the bulls "INCONSISTENCY", "PLAY NO DEFENSE", rely too much on jump shot....It's a luck if the bulls can make the playoff.....Still need that low post player like Chris Bosh will be a good fit with Derik Rose...
Extension Anyone

Morrow, GA

#2 Mar 14, 2009
Exactly why you don't commit to Gordon. Save the money for a superstar.
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Consistency...that's always been the thorn in Gordon's game. It's not surprizing though, because he's mostly a shooter, and if those jump shots aren't falling low scoring games are going to be the result. If he was more of a scorer instead of being mainly a shooter, he could probably help his cause with drives to the basket whenever his outside shot isn't dropping.
MyTwoSense

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 14, 2009
...Gordon, like the rest of the Bulls has got to be frustrated with Coach Vinny Del No No.

He's blown so many games with his play calling and substitute patterns this year it's amazing he's been able to keep his job.

The Bulls are loaded with talent, except win it comes to coaching. I'm still trying to figure out how Vinny got the job over Scottie Pippin and Avery Johnson.

At least they've won championships as players and know what it takes to win.

Can the Vinster!!!!
bloomie

Oak Lawn, IL

#5 Mar 14, 2009
Gordon has been "shooting" for a contract the entire year. He is trying to showcase himself as a valuable scorer, that could potentially push a good team into title contention. He doesn't attempt to play defense, he doesn't set picks, he won't take a charge. He is conserving his energy for the offensive end. He knows he can't get hurt, and he knows he has to put up high scoring numbers. All of which are signs that you can't commit to this guy.
Dean

Davenport, FL

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Gordon and Thomas drove Skiles out and are working on Vinnie. I believe Vinnie is being TOLD by Pax to play'em(just like Rose must play in the 4th qtr). Gordon earlier in the week was called by his "lovers" a 6'4" "Jordan type player", but now he is what we told you he was, a 6', poor dribbling and shot selecting, no defense, way over his skill level guard, destroying this team. He also indirectly made Pax get rid of Thabo so we have a spot for Ben, not Salmans. We are 8 under .500 so lets get real, until Gordon and Thomas are gone the other players are being asked to cover for both of these players so they can show their "unique" talents.
quills

Lockport, IL

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Gordon's problems are standard for a player who can only shoot the ball. Shooting is hit or miss and when he is missing he is useless to the team. People say Jorden only shot the ball but he could rebound, play defense(how many all defensive teams) when his shot was off. Gordon couldn't guard a high school player. Yes h is great when he is making his shots but worthless when he isn't. Give me an all round player anytime over a one deminisonal player like Gordon.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#8 Mar 14, 2009
MyTwoSense wrote:
...Gordon, like the rest of the Bulls has got to be frustrated with Coach Vinny Del No No.
He's blown so many games with his play calling and substitute patterns this year it's amazing he's been able to keep his job.
The Bulls are loaded with talent, except win it comes to coaching. I'm still trying to figure out how Vinny got the job over Scottie Pippin and Avery Johnson.
At least they've won championships as players and know what it takes to win.
Can the Vinster!!!!
VDN, like any intelligent fan (of which there are few on here) also have to be frustrated with Gordon and the other selfish gunners on that team.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#9 Mar 14, 2009
bloomie wrote:
Gordon has been "shooting" for a contract the entire year. He is trying to showcase himself as a valuable scorer, that could potentially push a good team into title contention. He doesn't attempt to play defense, he doesn't set picks, he won't take a charge. He is conserving his energy for the offensive end. He knows he can't get hurt, and he knows he has to put up high scoring numbers. All of which are signs that you can't commit to this guy.
Very well said, Bloomie.

I'm surprised.
Nada
Deep Dish

La Grange Park, IL

#10 Mar 14, 2009
Lol. You still want to resign him? Yeah I didn't think so. This is typical Gordon, Hot one night, crap the next seven. I said it before I wouldn't care if they released him tomorrow but sooner is better than later. This guy stinks, he needs to play the "TEAM" game and do what he does best, be the 6th man. But little man has a big ego and if the bulls do re-sign him then I promise it will just lead the bulls to the same place they're always at, fighting for the last playoff spot.
michael p coy

Oswego, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2009
I guess the 2 day slump is over............Give me a break
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#12 Mar 15, 2009
Deep Dish wrote:
Lol. You still want to resign him? Yeah I didn't think so. This is typical Gordon, Hot one night, crap the next seven. I said it before I wouldn't care if they released him tomorrow but sooner is better than later. This guy stinks, he needs to play the "TEAM" game and do what he does best, be the 6th man. But little man has a big ego and if the bulls do re-sign him then I promise it will just lead the bulls to the same place they're always at, fighting for the last playoff spot.
I totally agree.
If I were running things, Gordon would not have played one game with the Bulls this season.
Tiffany

New York, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2009
if you were runnin things then your team would have a record like this:0-82
mkluse

Fond Du Lac, WI

#14 Mar 17, 2009
Nada i dont understand why you hate ben gordon. He is good and he can play. Thabo won't turn out to be much, but Gordon can shoot the ball. Resign Gordon, and start Rose Gordon Salmons Thomas and Noah next season, unless that is Bosh does come to Chicago if not go with the lineup that works. I think Pax should fire vinny tho.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#15 Mar 17, 2009
mkluse wrote:
Nada i dont understand why you hate ben gordon. He is good and he can play. Thabo won't turn out to be much, but Gordon can shoot the ball. Resign Gordon, and start Rose Gordon Salmons Thomas and Noah next season, unless that is Bosh does come to Chicago if not go with the lineup that works. I think Pax should fire vinny tho.
I actually like Gordon and find him to be an incredible player for someone 5'10.
The trouble is, he's 5'10 and insists on starters' minutes.
If they can sign Gordon for something like $3-5 mil per year (which they can't) and make him a sixth man (which he won't accept) then I would welcome him back (which I won't get to).
Thabo is a complete player, but a bit of an under-confident player. I blame most of that on himself and part of it on the Bulls' allowing a totally dysfunctional system highlighted by Gordon's YMCA style.
Good players can't play in dysfunctional systems and the Bulls lost a good one in Thabo.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#16 Mar 17, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>I actually like Gordon and find him to be an incredible player for someone 5'10.
The trouble is, he's 5'10 and insists on starters' minutes.
If they can sign Gordon for something like $3-5 mil per year (which they can't) and make him a sixth man (which he won't accept) then I would welcome him back (which I won't get to).
Thabo is a complete player, but a bit of an under-confident player. I blame most of that on himself and part of it on the Bulls' allowing a totally dysfunctional system highlighted by Gordon's YMCA style.
Good players can't play in dysfunctional systems and the Bulls lost a good one in Thabo.
thabo was a good bench player and nothing more. plus we got a 1st round pick for him so it was well worth it if paxson doesnt screw it up by drafting another player like noah.

Rensselaer

#17 Mar 17, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree.
If I were running things, Gordon would not have played one game with the Bulls this season.
if you were running the bulls, we would get outscored by about 300 points every game, the teams field goal percentage would be like 7%, we would get outrebounded by like 70 boards a game, and every pass would go to noah.
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#18 Mar 17, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
thabo was a good bench player and nothing more. plus we got a 1st round pick for him so it was well worth it if paxson doesnt screw it up by drafting another player like noah.
Nice inferior thinking again, Jeebs!
You're having a hot day!
Let's say Sefolosha is coming out of college THIS season.
Where does he get picked?
Nada Surf

Mesa, AZ

#19 Mar 17, 2009
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
if you were running the bulls, we would get outscored by about 300 points every game, the teams field goal percentage would be like 7%, we would get outrebounded by like 70 boards a game, and every pass would go to noah.
You must be about 12 years old, Jeebs.

Rensselaer

#20 Mar 18, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>You must be about 12 years old, Jeebs.
no, im 8.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
D'Allan Rixx Goes Hard For Ben Simmons On Draft... Jun 23 loveartforever 1
News 76ers, StubHub partner for first NBA jersey ad May '16 Cool 1
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) May '16 Sam 5
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... (Jul '15) Jan '16 Fart news 4
Iverson trade talk (Feb '06) Jan '16 your neighbor 1,411
News Next years draft is looking deeper and deeper Jan '16 Fart news 2
News Predicting the Philadelphia 76ers' 2015 Startin... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Fart news 2
More from around the web