Rise up after crushing defeat? Familiar scenario for resilient ...

Orlando Magic all-star Dwight Howard has been hinting that he will land a part in a Hollywood movie this summer . Full Story
Steve

Orange City, FL

#1 May 23, 2009
Lebron hits a circus shot and he thinks it's the best ever. I can't wait to see his face tomorrow as his team gets pummeled.
not the same

Edgewater, FL

#2 May 24, 2009
didn't he miss a game winner two nights before - didn't Lewis hit one two nights before - why is one better then the other
Ray

Orlando, FL

#3 May 24, 2009
I want to know why nothing is written about Mo Williams throwing the ball at Dwight Howard? Why is this being swept under the rug? Mo should be suspended from playing tonight. THAT is the shot that will be remembered the most!
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#4 May 24, 2009
Magic win tonight in blowout! You heard it here 1st. I called game 1 win and Rashard Lewis to be the player of that game. I said that game 2 would be close and wouldn't be surprised either way. And - it was close.

Tonight it will be a Magic blowout and Dwight will have a monster game. I will be back tomorrow to be congratulated on my ultra accurate predictions and let you know whats going to happen in game 4. See you then. GO MAGIC!
LMAO

AOL

#5 May 24, 2009
I get chills (Goosebumps included) and have been peeing my pants a lot!

:)
Dave

United States

#6 May 24, 2009
Remember when Tracy M and the Magic were up 3 to 1 against Detroit? This is not the same Magic team. This team forgets the loss and moves on to the next game. They are resilient and tough. Coming back from 23 points to take the lead is remarkable. Cleveland should be wondering why they had to depend on a miracle shot to win. Lebron had to make up for the two traveling calls and the layup that was blocked. It amazes me how he can gloat about one great shot after he just blew three trips to the basket. But thats what men with big egos do.
Dan

Orlando, FL

#7 May 24, 2009
Cheap Shot: Mo hitting Dwight with the ball.

Lucky Shot: Lebron hitting the winning 3-pointer.

Rude Awakening Shot: Magic winning the next three games and the series.
EdM

Annapolis, MD

#8 May 24, 2009
Magic in 6. Needing a miracle shot to avoid going down 0-2 on your home court is not so good for the media darlings. Magic in the better team and has had Cleveland's number for the last few years. Go get 'em Dwight!
Ken

Mentor, OH

#9 May 24, 2009
The magic won the first game by a point and lost the second game by a point, yet everyone around here seems to think the magic will blow out the cavs the rest of the series.

If Philly and Boston could win in Orlando I'm sure the cavs can win one in Orlando.

Will you still by feeling unbeatable if the series goes back to Cleveland tied 2-2?
SerialOffender

Orlando, FL

#10 May 24, 2009
Ken wrote:
The magic won the first game by a point and lost the second game by a point, yet everyone around here seems to think the magic will blow out the cavs the rest of the series.
If Philly and Boston could win in Orlando I'm sure the cavs can win one in Orlando.
Will you still by feeling unbeatable if the series goes back to Cleveland tied 2-2?
"Everyone around here" feels that the Magic will blow out the Cavs since the Magic won by an average of 20 points in both home games this year. Why would we think any differently?
SerialOffender

Orlando, FL

#11 May 24, 2009
EdM wrote:
Magic in 6. Needing a miracle shot to avoid going down 0-2 on your home court is not so good for the media darlings. Magic in the better team and has had Cleveland's number for the last few years. Go get 'em Dwight!
Right on point Ed. It's only the media that are saying that the Magic are sulking after game 2. I would bet that the team was laughing all the way home about how the Cavs blew a 23 point lead and only managed to win on a desperation shot.

That's right, desperation shot. Watch the replay and you will see that Lebron originally tried to cut to the basket for dunk pass. Turk cut him off and LJ bounced outside for the only option left.

The media are saying nothing about Turk's perfectly executed shot. A play that went exactly as drawn up. That is the sort of team play and execution that will still win the Magic this series.

Van Gundy called it right the way he defended the original play by cutting off access to the hoop. Lebron just made a circus shot out of desperation. If you take enough of them in your career, a few will fall. And for the cash that LJ makes he better sink a few.

Go Magic!!!
Reason to be optimistic

Altamonte Springs, FL

#12 May 24, 2009
LMAO wrote:
I get chills (Goosebumps included) and have been peeing my pants a lot!
:)
R U a girl?...you sound like one.
Reason to be optimistic

Altamonte Springs, FL

#13 May 24, 2009
Joe Comment wrote:
Magic win tonight in blowout! You heard it here 1st. I called game 1 win and Rashard Lewis to be the player of that game. I said that game 2 would be close and wouldn't be surprised either way. And - it was close.
Tonight it will be a Magic blowout and Dwight will have a monster game. I will be back tomorrow to be congratulated on my ultra accurate predictions and let you know whats going to happen in game 4. See you then. GO MAGIC!
i guess you called N. Anderson missing 4 free throws also...you are nothing but a (c______)...Get your groove on....Go Magic!
Moise

Wichita, KS

#14 May 24, 2009
I tell you what? My heart stopped when that shot went in. I couldn't even talk because we were 1 second away from winning and then he hit that shot (Thanks to Lewis for not putting any pressure on Mo Williams or thanks to SVG for not drawing the play like that), I was like WTF? But as my wife said, I give the Magic credit for getting back from 23 point and almost gave the Cavs' fans a heart attack. All I got to say is that it was not meant to be. Whether they admit it or not, we are in the Cavs' heads. We are giving them problems like none thought we could. They have not see anything yet. One game at a time.

We just have to take care of business tonight and that one second-shot will be forgotten.

GO MAGIC.
Reason to be optimistic

Altamonte Springs, FL

#15 May 24, 2009
Moise wrote:
I tell you what? My heart stopped when that shot went in. I couldn't even talk because we were 1 second away from winning and then he hit that shot (Thanks to Lewis for not putting any pressure on Mo Williams or thanks to SVG for not drawing the play like that), I was like WTF? But as my wife said, I give the Magic credit for getting back from 23 point and almost gave the Cavs' fans a heart attack. All I got to say is that it was not meant to be. Whether they admit it or not, we are in the Cavs' heads. We are giving them problems like none thought we could. They have not see anything yet. One game at a time.
We just have to take care of business tonight and that one second-shot will be forgotten.
GO MAGIC.
Hey buddy: I hear you, but you do not want to be like "WTF" ever.....listen to your wife...it's theraputic..sometimes :-)....we will prevail even if those haters, band wagon jumpers don't like it. GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!
Dan

Orlando, FL

#16 May 24, 2009
Ken wrote:
I'm gonna remember what you said and get back to you after the Magic go up 3-1.
Joe Comment

Mount Dora, FL

#17 May 25, 2009
Ok. I called Magic blowout and Dwight to have monster game. While the Magic won by double digits and Dwight hit some free throws down the stretch, the refs made some bad calls that didn't allow Dwight to have the game I thought he would have. Lets face it - you can't get near Labron without a foul being called.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Philadelphia 76ers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Allen Iverson Deserve a Return to the NBA? (Aug '12) Oct '14 Laughing Bear Fan 19
Bennett to the 76ers Aug '14 xKINGxDYCEx 1
NBA Trade News: Philadelphia 76ers' Evan Turner... (Dec '13) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
Sixers chat with Keith Pompey (Jun '14) Jun '14 dubs 1
2014 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Julius Randle Could ... (May '14) May '14 brz 1
Are Golden State Warriors a Big Step Away from ... (May '14) May '14 rob 1
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
More from around the web