Full Roster Predictions for LA Lakers Next Season

May 4, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

The big three will all be back in 2013-14: What can they do if all are healthy? Harry How/Getty Images By saying he won't be rushed into making a decision on where he'll play next season, Howard is essentially holding the Los Angeles Lakers hostage, much like he did a year ago with the Orlando Magic .

Comments
1 - 20 of 46 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike Mitchell

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

The best thing to do is respect dwights decision hope he returns and wins one for the Lakers though

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Get rid of Mike d Antoni and things will only improve.
The Water Boy

Kennewick, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Mike Mitchell wrote:
The best thing to do is respect dwights decision hope he returns and wins one for the Lakers though
Dwight and Dantoni' dont mix...come to think of it, Dantoni and the Lakers dont mix. Why would you want Howard back? he lacks leadership, heart,intelligence and guts. He was as close as returning to the Dwight form of the Magic days, closest to their exit... and thats sad...he quit and gave up on his team, thats why Kobe emerged from the tunel AS SOON as Dwight walked in..running his mouth to Kupchak...

He needs to wipe that ridiculous smile off his face, "pull up his big boy pants" and get serious. Why do you think Kobe and him were at odds all the time and said he had never been pushed that hard? Why do you think Magic has been lighting up his twitter account with stuff directed to dwight?

He's disgusted. Check it out.

He needs to think about it...Pfft. Get lost Dwight.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dwight and Dantoni' dont mix...come to think of it, Dantoni and the Lakers dont mix. Why would you want Howard back? he lacks leadership, heart,intelligence and guts. He was as close as returning to the Dwight form of the Magic days, closest to their exit... and thats sad...he quit and gave up on his team, thats why Kobe emerged from the tunel AS SOON as Dwight walked in..running his mouth to Kupchak...
He needs to wipe that ridiculous smile off his face, "pull up his big boy pants" and get serious. Why do you think Kobe and him were at odds all the time and said he had never been pushed that hard? Why do you think Magic has been lighting up his twitter account with stuff directed to dwight?
Great points.
sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Personally, I don't think Dwight will be back.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

KoMe may not be back either, the luxury tax. Lakers need to rebuild. I am sorry to see my Lakers exit in the first round. DW12 was great for the Lakers, 18 pts and 13 rebs, 2 blks per game what else do u want.
The Water Boy

Kennewick, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
KoMe may not be back either, the luxury tax. Lakers need to rebuild. I am sorry to see my Lakers exit in the first round. DW12 was great for the Lakers, 18 pts and 13 rebs, 2 blks per game what else do u want.
How about someone who doesnt BAIL on their team. We must have watched a different series...season.

If you see that as "great", you really cant be helped. The guy is a joke and supremely overrated.

You can think what you like about Kobe but, he and everyone else saw this...including magic.

http://dimemag.com/2013/04/magic-johnson-goes...
sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
Ginobilli, I thought you were an Oakland Warriors fan. If the Warriors win the series wouldn't you be contradicting your Moniker?
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

I grew up in the SoCal area then moved to the S.F. Bay Area. I like basketball period and I want to see real good team basketball---which the Warriors,
spurs and Heat gave us this year. The Lakers potentially had the best team in the NBA but something was not clicking. The Heat may not even beat the Bulls out of the second round, they played too soft the first game, if this continues ,the Bulls will have the edge. Playoff bb is different than reg season bb, hard nose bb now or go home.
sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
I grew up in the SoCal area then moved to the S.F. Bay Area. I like basketball period and I want to see real good team basketball---which the Warriors,
spurs and Heat gave us this year. The Lakers potentially had the best team in the NBA but something was not clicking. The Heat may not even beat the Bulls out of the second round, they played too soft the first game, if this continues ,the Bulls will have the edge. Playoff bb is different than reg season bb, hard nose bb now or go home.
No offense Ginobilli, but you seriously write like a Kindergarten student. No way an ex Chinese nbaer would converse like this. You too funny Mack.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Thank you for calling me an ex-Chinese NBA player.
Heck there are many great players in those leagues now and the Chinese from what I have heard are getting much better. I don't think you are a racist, a little ignorant maybe.
The Water Boy

Kennewick, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
Thank you for calling me an ex-Chinese NBA player.
Heck there are many great players in those leagues now and the Chinese from what I have heard are getting much better. I don't think you are a racist, a little ignorant maybe.
He didn't say you were a Chinese baller, he said NO WAY you are, dummy. Reading comprehension seems to be your problem, among MANY.

Unlike Sammy, I mean you ALL of the offense...I think you're not only racist but, VERY ignorant. I will agree with him that you're funny though. Then again, village idiots always are.
Sammy

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't say you were a Chinese baller, he said NO WAY you are, dummy. Reading comprehension seems to be your problem, among MANY.
Unlike Sammy, I mean you ALL of the offense...I think you're not only racist but, VERY ignorant. I will agree with him that you're funny though. Then again, village idiots always are.
Iam still trippin on his clubbing with leather pants with his buddies in the streets of San Fran. Dude truly is hilarious.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Say you first heard from Ginobili, full scale changes in Laker line-up next year. I was already right on who was going to be the top vote getters in the NBA MVP race this year, so I will be right on the Laker roster next year.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

RacingFan20 wrote:
Get rid of Mike d Antoni and things will only improve.
Amen!

But he will not and will have the first 12 games of the season to prove he can coach out side his sorry azz system.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>Dwight and Dantoni' dont mix...come to think of it, Dantoni and the Lakers dont mix. Why would you want Howard back? he lacks leadership, heart,intelligence and guts. He was as close as returning to the Dwight form of the Magic days, closest to their exit... and thats sad...he quit and gave up on his team, thats why Kobe emerged from the tunel AS SOON as Dwight walked in..running his mouth to Kupchak...

As always I agree with many things you wrote, but I believe the Lakers need Howard in more ways then one.
Lakers and Los Angeles, as great as the franchise is and big of a market this city is, it has been proven in the past that is hard for them to get free agency to come over here.
Shaq was the last super star free agent Lakers got.
I don't even consider Howard a super star, but he is a wanted player even if he is not mature yet.
Getting Howard to sign is a huge stepping stone for the lakers to reload as he could very well get other big free agents to want to play alone side him.

If the lakers lose Howard, KB retires, Pau, meta and Nash leave, it will be long way to reload.
If they want LBJ, CP3 or other huge name player to wear purple and gold having Howard, makes it easier to get these guys to leave the team they are in right now.
Why would they want to come to LA and start from scratch rebuilding then rather have a Howard as their teammate.
Howard can always be trade if things don't workout, but you worry about that later.

That's my take use Howard to get other big free agents to come over.
Laker fan

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Dwight Howard should resign with the lakers. Lakers,should get phil jackson back

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2013

Laker fan wrote:
Dwight Howard should resign with the lakers. Lakers,should get phil jackson back
Dwight would make more contract money in Houston, but with the Lakers he would make extra money from the bigger market, so yeah it would make more sense to stay in L.A.

As for Phil is not gonna happen.

Lakers are still paying Brown for this season and next season is $4 mil, D'antoni contract for next season and the following for $8 mil.

That's $12 mil right there Phil charges $12 per season, so hiring Phil would cost the Lakers $24 mil in coaches salaries, we are not even talking what the coaching staff makes.

I don't see the Lakers getting Phil any time soon, sadly but that's the bottom line.

Lakers Nation got screw..
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

At age 35 with a serious achilles injury and 31 million dollar pay, KoMe is not worth it. DW12 may not want to come back either, he did not feel like he was wanted. Our GSW would definitely want DW12.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Ginobili wrote:
At age 35 with a serious achilles injury and 31 million dollar pay, KoMe is not worth it. DW12 may not want to come back either, he did not feel like he was wanted. Our GSW would definitely want DW12.
Not feeling wanted? Chee there's a lot in common between you and Dwight. Go figure.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••