ESPN sorry for offensive headline on Lin story

Feb 18, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: SFGate

ESPN ran the headline "Chink in the Armor" after Lin had nine turnovers in New York's loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night on its mobile website that could be seen on phones and tablet computers.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Feb 19, 2014

“Work hard at work worth doing.”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

The comment was not meant to be a racial slur. If these people who screamed racism the loudest had only read more, they would know that the term means a small but fatal weakness. Lin obviously has none, brecause he has brushed off this comment after he recieved an apology. This kid is humble and a true athlete who deserves nothing but praise...He is the kind of role model our children should emulate.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

Judged:

Lin already used the race card, he is not a good kid. He is greedy and manipulative.
fungirlinluv

North Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2012

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
Lin already used the race card, he is not a good kid. He is greedy and manipulative.
how did he use the race card? what leads you to draw the conclusion he is greedy and manipulative?
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

He says that us whites discrimate, bias and stereotype Chinese. He is greedy because he thinks that he deserved more than the $800K he is making. In China it would buy him a lot of rice and fish heads. This man is outrageous, should be sent back to China.
fungirlinluv

Hingham, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2012

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
He says that us whites discrimate, bias and stereotype Chinese. He is greedy because he thinks that he deserved more than the $800K he is making. In China it would buy him a lot of rice and fish heads. This man is outrageous, should be sent back to China.
ah the irony of your statement. in case you don't see it- if he said that - aren't you just proving his point??

"back to China" - dude = he was born in california.
Brown

Canyon Country, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2012

Judged:

Snowflake wrote:
IDIOT!!!!!!!! You are the racist. Cannot take the fact that an ASIAN is waaaaay better than you. Not only he can play ball but he is also educated from HARVARD and a good child and a good Christian. Get over it you probably need to brush on whatever education you may have. And go to church whatever or whoever you are worshiping. Also one day since he is so smart he will be one of the richest person in the world.'MARK my word white person. Oh by the way I'm white and black. I treat everybody equal....
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2012

Judged:

When we referred to Americans, here is the criteria
he needs to be born here or naturalized, white, protestant, anglo-saxon and patriotic. Lin only fits one of this criteria so he is not an American.
His physicl features already tells you he is not American . Like I said before, I would like to see more white Americans in the NBA because we make up over 50% of America, the NBA should be over 50% whites. The Overseas whites do not count, I mean American whites.

“Sore losers are always”

Since: Mar 12

gracious winners.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2012

I thought it was funny. Not as offensive as Bill Maher's "Moo Goo Guy Slam" or "Peking Dunk"....also hilarious. People need to lighten up, I'm brown and have been subject to racism....big surprise, there are racists, but a snappy headline or joke about Chinese being small or black people afraid of water or white people being uncoordinated dancers....who cares?? That's not racism...live in the south, you'll be able to tell the difference.
toby

Mays Landing, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

chink in armor, really not bad, as all Asians are Japs in America the home of the NUKES.
toby

Mays Landing, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Pardon me
forgot a comma

Chink in armor, really not bad, as all Asians are Japs in America, the home of the NUKES.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

I have tried hard not to be racist, I even said nice things about Lin, but JL should not follow the blacks and use the race card. Chink in the Armor is not racist, it is just an old English saying. If he is so sensitive, he should not be in the NBA, there are a lot of trash talking, ppl tried to get into your head.
sandy

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2014

Shame on you,snowflake,nba is a place any athletes can go to as long as he deserves without any racism, basketball is a well welcomed sport, how can you assure Linsanity greedy , isn't cobe greedy?ridiculous players no greedy how to win games and he's from Taiwan.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

He is from Peking like Yao Ming. The only reason why JL is playing in the NBA is bc he is Asian, the NBA wants big draws. He does not belonged to the NBA at all, he has no skills. ESPN is right he is a chink and should be kicked out of the country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••