Bob Hunter commentary: Sideshows shou...

Bob Hunter commentary: Sideshows shouldn't sway James | The Columbu...

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 4, 2010, titled Bob Hunter commentary: Sideshows shouldn't sway James | The Columbu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Now that the sales pitches have been made and LeBron James has retired to his castle to decide where he wants to be king, it's safe to say that the recruitment of the Cleveland Cavaliers star and the sideshows it spawned rank among the most amazing and bizarre dramas in sports history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 4, 2010
There will be no shortage of people who will root against Lebron James no matter where he goes - for having single-handedly stifled all other Sports conversations this Summer. ESPN has been leading with a story about Lebron for virtually a month. A lot of people are tired of it, and him.

The NBA is barely relevant right now among mainstream sports fans, particularly over 40 years old. In some parts of the country the NBA is no longer among "The Big 4" (Football, Baseball, and Hockey being the other 3). NASCAR and Soccer have bumped the NBA from the conversation in those areas. College Football and the NFL make the NBA totally unwatchable until February as it is.

The point is, David Stern can't be happy about the Lebron side-show, intended or not (I think it's VERY intended on Lebron's part. He's eating this up). The NBA has a public relations problem, and the parade of SUV's and $100K cars with tinted windows - filled with out of town team Execs on TV adorning "The King" with gifts and promises is simply the last thing the NBA needs right now.
rocooper45

Valparaiso, IN

#2 Jul 4, 2010
Wow, Bob, this article is completely forgetable. I like your work so I had hoped for better. Like most every other reporters' and, especially, bloggers', article on NBA free agency, it lacks insight/content. I just wish reporters who have neither to offer would stop writing on the subject. Spend your time writing on subjects about which you have special information and can share that with the reader.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Pelicans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In NBA Finals, coaching ranks include job intri... 12 hr Fart news 15
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... May '15 tom wingo 4
News Curry, Warriors use stunning comeback to beat P... Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News The stunt happened during halftime of a game be... Jan '15 Christaliban 1
Bucks' Pachulia among top fantasy NBA waiver-wi... Jan '15 chrisWalken 1
More from around the web