Miami Heat: Miami Heat draft pick Beverley takes long road to NBA

Jun 26, 2009 Read more: South Florida Sun-Sentinel 7
Patrick Beverley tried to beat the system once. For that transgression he essentially was banished to the Ukraine. Read more
Just Passing Time

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Jun 26, 2009
Good Luck To You!!! All The Best!!!
juanp

Hialeah, FL

#2 Jun 26, 2009
Hoping he works out. Weakest link on Heat last year was Chalmers.
papi

Miami, FL

#3 Jun 26, 2009
Beverley definitely feels that he must definitely say definitely about definitely everything. Other than that, a vertical leap of 41 inches is definitely 40 inches more than Quinn can leap. Ira is right; Riley will definitely package Quinn somewhere real soon.
john

Miami, FL

#4 Jun 26, 2009
The heat is going to have a long year guys. Even though I still think they will make the playoffs but if we don't do anything soon via trade for someone to help wade... He is leaving. The heat or should i say pat riley don't know how to build teams man. He needs to go! Anybody who thinks that patrick beverly was a good pick Needs to be mentaly checked. Ira winderman Knows as much as we do. He's not a real insider. I guarantee you... and you can come back to this blog, that there are some players that were picked after beverly, will have more of an impact. That's always the case with the heat. I know it sounds negative but that's the honest truth. Pat riley doesn't know how to draft. He only knows how to trade for 30year old veterans that's almost out of there primes.
juanp

Hialeah, FL

#5 Jun 27, 2009
john wrote:
The heat is going to have a long year guys. Even though I still think they will make the playoffs but if we don't do anything soon via trade for someone to help wade... He is leaving. The heat or should i say pat riley don't know how to build teams man. He needs to go! Anybody who thinks that patrick beverly was a good pick Needs to be mentaly checked. Ira winderman Knows as much as we do. He's not a real insider. I guarantee you... and you can come back to this blog, that there are some players that were picked after beverly, will have more of an impact. That's always the case with the heat. I know it sounds negative but that's the honest truth. Pat riley doesn't know how to draft. He only knows how to trade for 30year old veterans that's almost out of there primes.
John,
I really wish you were the GM. I'm sure Riley could learn a lot from you.
dolphinatik

Winthrop, MA

#6 Jun 27, 2009
john in Vero, Beverly is the truth. He can play and he works hard on the court. Players picked after Beverly might have success, but not a point guard and why dont you name one since you are so confident. Danny Green should work out well for a team. Remember the Heat took #43 to trade for 2 picks later.

Sometimes its also about building a trade relationship with another team by helping them get their man... that way down the road when we need a blockbuster trade we get it.

Riley tried to move up and probably should have tried harder but it would have been for a project and frankly we really dont have the cap or roster space to make moves this year. That all changes this year.

We had a young new tam last year... Give them some time will ya? You cant keep changing personnel every year and expect to develop chemistry.
john

Miami, FL

#7 Jun 28, 2009
dolphinatik wrote:
john in Vero, Beverly is the truth. He can play and he works hard on the court. Players picked after Beverly might have success, but not a point guard and why dont you name one since you are so confident. Danny Green should work out well for a team. Remember the Heat took #43 to trade for 2 picks later.
Sometimes its also about building a trade relationship with another team by helping them get their man... that way down the road when we need a blockbuster trade we get it.
Riley tried to move up and probably should have tried harder but it would have been for a project and frankly we really dont have the cap or roster space to make moves this year. That all changes this year.
We had a young new tam last year... Give them some time will ya? You cant keep changing personnel every year and expect to develop chemistry.
Believe what you want. I agree with the fact that you can't keep changing players every year and that's not what i was saying... You guys can keep believe in Pat all you want. I bet that's the same thing they said about Daquaen Cook. He plays hard. Talent and playing hard is two different things. You can play hard all you want but talent wins championships. Just my opion you don't have to agree. But answer this question. Aside from wade, cook and beasley last year, what draft pick is still playing for the heat? And please don't tell me dorell wright. Jameer was right there. Everybody and even people that dont watch basketball said and Screamed take Nelson! Yeah Great job Pat. Remember it was not Pat that wanted to draft wade. He wanted kaman. And his dumbass still wants that loser. I'm not the one changing teams every year Sir. Bring back randy fund.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Pelicans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The stunt happened during halftime of a game be... Jan '15 Christaliban 1
Bucks' Pachulia among top fantasy NBA waiver-wi... Jan '15 chrisWalken 1
More from around the web