Chicago Bulls stop New Orleans Hornets 97-79

New Orleans is a certified NBA playoff team and the Bulls are an aspirant, so there was an appropriately serious feel to Saturday night's United Center exercise, the second of a back-to-back for both teams. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#1 Mar 14, 2009
Great win! When the ball moves the game becomes easier. I liked a lot of the strategy tonight. Salmons guarding Paul, the big line up with Miller, Tim Thomas, and Noah. There was even evidence of defense. The Bulls have trouble with athletic teams, but a slow team like NO can be exploited. I want to see a competitive game against the Celtics. The C's take away what you do best. Okay Vinnie, its time to earn your money.
Ron C

Circleville, OH

#2 Mar 14, 2009
Solid performance. That being said, we have a 0% chance of beating the Celtics. Too many weapons, too outmatched. Although it will be nice to see Rose put on a show against Rondo like he always does. SIMEON all day baby
Stephen

Houston, TX

#3 Mar 14, 2009
Nice win, I would like to see more from Rose though. It is amazing what happens when the ball moves around. Everyone gets open shots.
Gator

Twin Lakes, WI

#4 Mar 14, 2009
Who cares, this team is pathetic and no point in playing the celtics in the first round. Might as well get into the lottery for a player and a head coach.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#5 Mar 14, 2009
bloomie wrote:
Great win! When the ball moves the game becomes easier. I liked a lot of the strategy tonight. Salmons guarding Paul, the big line up with Miller, Tim Thomas, and Noah. There was even evidence of defense. The Bulls have trouble with athletic teams, but a slow team like NO can be exploited. I want to see a competitive game against the Celtics. The C's take away what you do best. Okay Vinnie, its time to earn your money.
What was so great about Salmons on Paul?
Don't get carried away.
The Celtics will bring you geeks back down to earth real quick.
Nada Surf

#6 Mar 14, 2009
Ron C wrote:
Solid performance. That being said, we have a 0% chance of beating the Celtics. Too many weapons, too outmatched. Although it will be nice to see Rose put on a show against Rondo like he always does. SIMEON all day baby
Rose has yet to put on any kind of a show this season.
Nada Surf

#7 Mar 14, 2009
Gator wrote:
Who cares, this team is pathetic and no point in playing the celtics in the first round. Might as well get into the lottery for a player and a head coach.
Well said.
Arif

Plainfield, IL

#8 Mar 15, 2009
Like many Bulls fans, It's frustrating to see the Bulls beat playoff caliber teams and then follow up losing to teams which are some of the leagues worst. This season has been a roller coaster with half-hearted performances and inconsistency in the teams game. The Bulls do have the talent to compete in this league, especially with the strides Noah and Tyrus have given the Bulls some capacity of inside scoring and strong defense. If you were to take a step back, the Bulls have a potent scorer in Ben Gordon, a penetrating point guard in Rose, and a slasher in Sallmons. Not to mention, a 7 footer in Brad Miller who's a great facilitator and smooth jump shooter. Our bench is deep with Hinrich, Miller, and Gordon. Let's just hope the Bulls finish off strong to end the season.
mike_g

Union, NJ

#9 Mar 15, 2009
lets keep playing these western conference teams....16-12 vs the west!!
terry t

Tarentum, PA

#10 Mar 15, 2009
where is the 10 million man, kirk?
MN Catalano

Rochelle, IL

#11 Mar 15, 2009
Gordon, Hinrich, Miller, Noah: these ARE BULLS. The rest are expendable. Some could redeem themselves.
Johnrun1

Mount Prospect, IL

#12 Mar 15, 2009
It's time to put aside the NBA for awhile and enjoy the college tournament for the next three weeks where there are exciting games that mean something. The NBA will get interesting again once the playoffs start but now the only question is what lousy team gets the final spot in the East.
For all local fans it is a pleasure watching Chicagoan Evan Turner of Ohio State take over games down the stretch at both ends of the court.
Nada: Your constant ranting on Gordon is SO BORING!
bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#13 Mar 15, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>What was so great about Salmons on Paul?
Don't get carried away.
The Celtics will bring you geeks back down to earth real quick.
With Salmons guarding Paul; the refs wouldn't call the cheap / ticky-tack fouls on the veteran. It also took pressure off of Rose and allowed everyone to help / cheat off of there man and watch for Paul's penetration. And I look for the Bulls to beat the Celtics. There will be a tough match-up with Paul Pierce. We should be able to contain their bench, and have some fast break opportunities. The Bulls need to speed up the game by applying the pressing defense that they used against Houston.
bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#14 Mar 15, 2009
Gator wrote:
Ultimately only one team is successful at the end of the year and that is the world champion. What you should be looking for as a fan is improvement and hope for the future. The Bulls have shown flashes of what type of team they could become. What is frustrating is the inconsistency. The Bulls are my team, I am a Bulls fan, and I watch every game.
bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#15 Mar 15, 2009
Johnrun1 wrote:
It's time to put aside the NBA for awhile and enjoy the college tournament for the next three weeks where there are exciting games that mean something. The NBA will get interesting again once the playoffs start but now the only question is what lousy team gets the final spot in the East.
For all local fans it is a pleasure watching Chicagoan Evan Turner of Ohio State take over games down the stretch at both ends of the court.
Nada: Your constant ranting on Gordon is SO BORING!
I agree the NCAA tournament is the most exciting event in sports. The first weekend is amazing. I am picking Memphis to win it all. They are actually better than last year.
Brian

Carol Stream, IL

#16 Mar 15, 2009
Hows about Nada is just Boring in general !!. WTG BULLS
CalChiFan

Irvine, CA

#17 Mar 15, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>Well said.
Nada, this team has handed some pretty good teams their lunch when they come to the UC. Granted they SUK on the road but I don't think any legitimate playoff team in the East i.e. Orlando, Cleveland, or Boston is looking forward to playing them in the first round. I believe if they could move up to 6 and get Orlando, they may have a chance to get to the second round but they have to show consistency on the road.
Jeff Hornetchek

Wauconda, IL

#18 Mar 15, 2009
bloomie wrote:
<quoted text>
With Salmons guarding Paul; the refs wouldn't call the cheap / ticky-tack fouls on the veteran. It also took pressure off of Rose and allowed everyone to help / cheat off of there man and watch for Paul's penetration. And I look for the Bulls to beat the Celtics. There will be a tough match-up with Paul Pierce. We should be able to contain their bench, and have some fast break opportunities. The Bulls need to speed up the game by applying the pressing defense that they used against Houston.
"It took pressure off of Rose". If it took pressure off of Rose, why didn't he respond? A couple of points and a handful of assists. He wasn't a factor in the game, Bloomie. You make an interesting point but you unwittingly indict the performance of Rose. As Nada opined, Rose hasn't had a Paul-like performance all season. His statistics have actually bee on the decline. This was a meaningless victory and game as all 82 are for the Bulls once again. If it doesn't earn them any ping pong balls, this is all about smoke and mirrors and duping the slow-minded fans like you and the others here have a hard time figuring things out.
Dana Karvey

Wauconda, IL

#19 Mar 15, 2009
CalChiFan wrote:
<quoted text>Nada, this team has handed some pretty good teams their lunch when they come to the UC. Granted they SUK on the road but I don't think any legitimate playoff team in the East i.e. Orlando, Cleveland, or Boston is looking forward to playing them in the first round. I believe if they could move up to 6 and get Orlando, they may have a chance to get to the second round but they have to show consistency on the road.
You must be kidding. The Bulls must look like NBA road kill to the Cav's, Magic or Keltics. Let's go get a lottery pick and call it a season. Time to start all over and look forward to next year/season. Get real.
bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#20 Mar 15, 2009
Jeff Hornetchek wrote:
<quoted text>"It took pressure off of Rose". If it took pressure off of Rose, why didn't he respond? A couple of points and a handful of assists. He wasn't a factor in the game, Bloomie. You make an interesting point but you unwittingly indict the performance of Rose. As Nada opined, Rose hasn't had a Paul-like performance all season. His statistics have actually bee on the decline. This was a meaningless victory and game as all 82 are for the Bulls once again. If it doesn't earn them any ping pong balls, this is all about smoke and mirrors and duping the slow-minded fans like you and the others here have a hard time figuring things out.
Insults aside, for all of you cerebral intellects that have postulated your various theorems, Rose is a rookie and rookies will have inconsistencies. Who won the game. If I am positive about the team I root for that does not mean I am naive. The Bulls are far from a championship calliber team, so Jeff kiss my gludeous maximus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Hornets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul '14 wertgh 2
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston Jul '14 a onlooker 1
NBA owner in hot water over racist remarks Apr '14 Viva Sucking 2
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers (Apr '14) Apr '14 lary dumie 1
Clippers score biggest win in history, dominate... (Mar '14) Mar '14 jamminsam 1
NBA Rookie Projections: Cody Zeller (Sep '13) Mar '14 arja4444 2
Los Angeles Clippers vs. New York Knicks: Pro B... (Jan '14) Jan '14 rer 1

New Orleans Hornets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE