Dwight Howard and the Magic best the West again, beating New Or...

Is Dwight Howard 's team impressive enough now to persuade Barack Obama to wear Superman 's sneakers for his pick-up games? Howard's camp recently tried to reach out to the president-elect in their burgeoning ... Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
marko

Oviedo, FL

#1 Dec 26, 2008
i think this magic team can and will still get a lot better,if courtney lee developes into big time player this year,watch out for magic!
this team has to win a lot of games to keep pace with boston and cavs....go magic
d12rocks

Newnan, GA

#2 Dec 26, 2008
orlando will be in the finals this year. i have no doubt of that. go magic!!!!!!!!
James Hetfield

Orlando, FL

#3 Dec 26, 2008
The first quarter yesterday was some of the best basketball I have ever seen the magic play

Wish we started a 7 game series with the Celtics tomorrow
LMAO

AOL

#5 Dec 26, 2008
Very impressive win on TV. Seems funny to me that the announcers and powers that be still didn't have all that glowing accolades for the Magic.

On a personal basis I was rotflmao at how Chris Paul played (attempted to play) and how the Magic shutdown his steal record. Paul's a punk. Always has been , always will be...

Just to make sure you all dont think I forgot... JJ comes in, bangs down a three and the Arena erupts with the loudest HooRA's of the whole darn game. Just goes to show you...people care how bad some players are treated.
Great Win.
:)
The Living Tribunal

Hialeah, FL

#6 Dec 26, 2008
I think Orlando and Boston are the teams to beat in the east. Cleveland has been blessed with a very favorable schedule thus far by playing a ton of teams below .500 and a bunch of home games. Orlando is almost done with all the West teams and then they can feast on the weak east teams. I think Orlando can win 60 if they keep playing defense they way they are. Sorry Dwight, you're great and all, but those shoes are UGLY!!!!!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#7 Dec 26, 2008
cleveland is no joke! neither is boston!
i hope orlando has desire to get much better,this team needs to make a strong push into playoffs..i do beleive orlando can beat boston in a seven game series if we get our back court stable,and consistant! orlando's bench will help also!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#8 Dec 26, 2008
weak east teams? hello..the east has the three best teams so far in boston,cleveland,orlando,atlan ta is no joke,,,wow,weak..hhmmm....the east has beat up on the west this year also!
so i don't see weak your talking about!the east is now the beast again!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#9 Dec 26, 2008
i think orlando is just starting to tap into its defense,i think they will become a lockdown defensive team before long!with courtney lee growing each game,and peitrius...these two guys can play lock down defense!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#10 Dec 26, 2008
if jj reddick and courtney lee give us good minutes off the bench,this team will contend for a championship!
James Hetfield

Orlando, FL

#11 Dec 26, 2008
Hey Marko,

JJ is only playing when we are up 20+ points or if Bogans, Pietrus, or Lee get hurt again...

We do not need him to play good because he will not even be playing anymore this year

He was great in college, but he can not play a man's game
Michael in DC not Ocoee

District Heights, MD

#12 Dec 26, 2008
Well, we all said we won't really know what we have until the December was over. I guess we now know what we have.:-)
No Bandwagon

Orlando, FL

#13 Dec 26, 2008
Last night my husband and I were watching the night time sports center mostlty to see how ESPN would kiss Kobe's butt and totally disregard the Magic. Sure enough about 25 minutes of coverage for a regular season game for the celtics and lakers and about 2 min for the Magic. Didn't we just beat the Lakers? They even did a story about how Mike Singletary is getting an extension from the 49ers before the Magic got their highlights on. Are you kidding me!!!! Dwight is leading in all star votes. If that was Kobe or LeBron they would mention that fact before every highlight. Thanks for letting me vent.
Adding to This

United States

#14 Dec 26, 2008
LMAO wrote:
Very impressive win on TV. Seems funny to me that the announcers and powers that be still didn't have all that glowing accolades for the Magic.
On a personal basis I was rotflmao at how Chris Paul played (attempted to play) and how the Magic shutdown his steal record. Paul's a punk. Always has been , always will be...
Just to make sure you all dont think I forgot... JJ comes in, bangs down a three and the Arena erupts with the loudest HooRA's of the whole darn game. Just goes to show you...people care how bad some players are treated.
Great Win.
Magic Johnson actually included the Orlando Magic in his list of elite East teams, today. I know that's a baby step, but finally the Magic are getting some sort of recognition.
ham sandwhich

Winter Garden, FL

#15 Dec 26, 2008
The Orlando Magic are a dangerous team!
The Living Tribunal

Hialeah, FL

#16 Dec 26, 2008
marko wrote:
weak east teams? hello..the east has the three best teams so far in boston,cleveland,orlando,atlan ta is no joke,,,wow,weak..hhmmm....the east has beat up on the west this year also!
so i don't see weak your talking about!the east is now the beast again!
Top to bottom the west has more teams above .500 than than the east. Look at the standings. The only reason the east has a better record vs the west is because Orlando and Boston are killing them. The Cavs are good but wait til they play Orlando or Boston. They can only play the Bucks and the Wizards so many times you know.
LMAO

AOL

#17 Dec 26, 2008
Michael in DC not Ocoee wrote:
Well, we all said we won't really know what we have until the December was over. I guess we now know what we have.:-)
If my memory serves me right I said we wont know what the Magic have until May.
not the same

Edgewater, FL

#18 Dec 26, 2008
Seems to me the complete Magic game was on ESPN and on Xmas Day - that must mean something - how many rings does Koby have - have many times to the final - even James has been to the finals
No Bandwagon wrote:
Last night my husband and I were watching the night time sports center mostlty to see how ESPN would kiss Kobe's butt and totally disregard the Magic. Sure enough about 25 minutes of coverage for a regular season game for the celtics and lakers and about 2 min for the Magic. Didn't we just beat the Lakers? They even did a story about how Mike Singletary is getting an extension from the 49ers before the Magic got their highlights on. Are you kidding me!!!! Dwight is leading in all star votes. If that was Kobe or LeBron they would mention that fact before every highlight. Thanks for letting me vent.
baller

Winter Garden, FL

#19 Dec 26, 2008
60 wins this year???? anyone???

“Are You Kidding Me? SHAQ left?”

Since: Feb 08

Orlando[Alt.Springs]-Houston

#20 Dec 26, 2008
JAMEER is proving us ALL wrong...Myself included. I really thought he was the most inconsistent and we really needed somebody else at the point. Boy, was I wrong!!
And about the losing streak, We have not lost more then 2 in a row for 3 seasons now I think.[I know for 2 seasons for sure.] You can look it up! So a losing streak will be a while.[Hopefully]:-)
What is up with BOGANS? Time to start LEE or JJ maybe?? If NOT Peitrus yet!
baller

Winter Garden, FL

#21 Dec 26, 2008
The Living Tribunal wrote:
I think Orlando and Boston are the teams to beat in the east. Cleveland has been blessed with a very favorable schedule thus far by playing a ton of teams below .500 and a bunch of home games. Orlando is almost done with all the West teams and then they can feast on the weak east teams. I think Orlando can win 60 if they keep playing defense they way they are. Sorry Dwight, you're great and all, but those shoes are UGLY!!!!!
I agree those shoes were very FUGLY lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

New Orleans Hornets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul '14 wertgh 2
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston Jul '14 a onlooker 1
NBA owner in hot water over racist remarks Apr '14 Viva Sucking 2
Lillard leads Blazers to 124-112 win over Lakers Apr '14 lary dumie 1
Clippers score biggest win in history, dominate... (Mar '14) Mar '14 jamminsam 1
NBA Rookie Projections: Cody Zeller (Sep '13) Mar '14 arja4444 2
Los Angeles Clippers vs. New York Knicks: Pro B... (Jan '14) Jan '14 rer 1
•••
•••

New Orleans Hornets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••