Kevin Love, bothered by sore knee, takes the court for Timberwolves

Timberwolves forward Kevin Love started tonight's game against the Indiana Pacers at Target Center despite being slowed by a bruised left knee. Full Story
Davey Jones

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Mar 9, 2011
when are they going to wake up and cut this loser? PLAY SOME DEFENSE SCUM!
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#2 Mar 9, 2011
To Mr. Davey Jones:

Wow! A guy just sets an NBA record, playing on one leg, scores 16 points and grabs 21 rebounds and you are bitching and calling him a loser - and scum???? If that constitutes being a loser, I'll take this loser any day - and most teams in the NBA would be ecstatic to take him also. If there is a loser around here, his name is Jones, as he doesn't know the first thing about basketball. All he knows how to do is post stupid negative comments.

Having got that off my chest - nice game Wolves! Well balanced shooting, some great defense, and nice to see the bench cleared for once. A laugher is always fun to watch when you are on the winning side. Also good to see the guys on the bench laughing and enjoying themselves for a change.

Now go and kick some serious butt when you play the Jazz!
Erase My Memory

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Mar 9, 2011
Well at least this record is on the positive side.

Where is Kevin Mchale to sign him to another record breaking deal since we don't want to lose him to the LA LAKERS.

The NBA has too many minor league teams like the T-Wolves....they should call our team just that.

We will feed them, train them & give them experience to go to the next level to try to win a championship. Teams are scouting our minor league players daily for that day. Look at KG....he won a championship in Detroit after learning in the minor league Wolves team for decades.
Davey Jones

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Mar 9, 2011
wolvesfan wrote:
To Mr. Davey Jones:
Wow! A guy just sets an NBA record, playing on one leg, scores 16 points and grabs 21 rebounds and you are bitching and calling him a loser - and scum???? If that constitutes being a loser, I'll take this loser any day - and most teams in the NBA would be ecstatic to take him also. If there is a loser around here, his name is Jones, as he doesn't know the first thing about basketball. All he knows how to do is post stupid negative comments.
Having got that off my chest - nice game Wolves! Well balanced shooting, some great defense, and nice to see the bench cleared for once. A laugher is always fun to watch when you are on the winning side. Also good to see the guys on the bench laughing and enjoying themselves for a change.
Nice that you have your rose colored glasses. For ever rebound this low life white guerilla gets, he gives up an easy layup. So everything cancels out. oh great Love got 12 boards, but the guy he was guarding scored 20 and he has only a 10 point average!!!!
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 10, 2011
wolvesfan wrote:
To Mr. Davey Jones:
I swear to god, you mudducks are soooo dumb.....
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#6 Mar 10, 2011
A nice win for the Wolves, but I think anyone who watched the game probably had the same thought as I did, which was "Indiana is horrible". I think this victory was more about how bad Indiana played than it was about how well the Wolves played. Indiana shot below 30 percent for the game and had 30 fouls. Add in more turnovers than a bakery and you have a really sloppy basketball game.

I think Mr. Jones, from post #1, is carrying things "a little" too far when he calls Love "scum", "loser", and "white guerilla". I stand corrected, "a lot too far". Love is playing hard, which alone is quite an accomplishment at this point in a 16 win season. He is a good, soon to be great, offensive threat, and the stats say that he is the best rebounder in the league. I agree that he is not a great defender, but I have seen many that are worse. Cut the guy some slack if for no other reason than he is a warrior and is out there banging EVERY PLAY, EVERY NIGHT.

By the way, the word is GORILLA, you moron, unless you were referring to Love as being a white Che Guevera, which we both know you weren't. Get a freaking clue, or don't bother to post. At least "just another day in loserville" is intelligent, although redundant and generally a PITA. You, my friend, are off the charts stupid, redundant, and a PITA.

Back to basketball. Randolph shows nice energy and gives this team some nice athleticism. Randolph is already taking some of Darko's minutes, which is a good thing.

Ah screw it.........why bother? Too many idiots on here to bother with trying to talk basketball. The forum is all yours Davey and just another day.

Either this post will get deleted by the Pioneer Press, or maybe I will get lucky and lose my posting privileges. No matter, last man to leave please turn out the lights.
Matt45

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Mar 10, 2011
It is a nice streak he has going on. I'm not willing to call it a record though, caus he only has 200 more games to go to get to Wilt. I'm going to the Utah game tomorrow night and see how Love and Big At match up.
Derr

Coeur D Alene, ID

#8 Mar 10, 2011
Davey Jones wrote:
Quote from "Davey Jones"...."DUH - WINNER!"
trolls

Farmington, MN

#9 Mar 10, 2011
Davey Jones wrote:
If they cut everyone who doesn't play defense, they wouldn't have 5 guys to put on the court. Love's D is no better or worse than anyone else on the team, and at least he rebounds.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#10 Mar 10, 2011
fracas wrote:
A nice win for the Wolves, but I think anyone who watched the game probably had the same thought as I did, which was "Indiana is horrible". I think this victory was more about how bad Indiana played than it was about how well the Wolves played. Indiana shot below 30 percent for the game and had 30 fouls. Add in more turnovers than a bakery and you have a really sloppy basketball game.
I think Mr. Jones, from post #1, is carrying things "a little" too far when he calls Love "scum", "loser", and "white guerilla". I stand corrected, "a lot too far". Love is playing hard, which alone is quite an accomplishment at this point in a 16 win season. He is a good, soon to be great, offensive threat, and the stats say that he is the best rebounder in the league. I agree that he is not a great defender, but I have seen many that are worse. Cut the guy some slack if for no other reason than he is a warrior and is out there banging EVERY PLAY, EVERY NIGHT.
By the way, the word is GORILLA, you moron, unless you were referring to Love as being a white Che Guevera, which we both know you weren't. Get a freaking clue, or don't bother to post. At least "just another day in loserville" is intelligent, although redundant and generally a PITA. You, my friend, are off the charts stupid, redundant, and a PITA.
Back to basketball. Randolph shows nice energy and gives this team some nice athleticism. Randolph is already taking some of Darko's minutes, which is a good thing.
Ah screw it.........why bother? Too many idiots on here to bother with trying to talk basketball. The forum is all yours Davey and just another day.
Either this post will get deleted by the Pioneer Press, or maybe I will get lucky and lose my posting privileges. No matter, last man to leave please turn out the lights.
Boy, am I with you, Fracas. Wouldn't it be great if these little boys would find another sandbox, so folks who really care about talking basketball could do so? I don't know what to do. I've pretty much stopped posting, too, because of the little boys. Do they really think they're that clever?

But enough. They'll be gleefully jumping on my post as soon as they can. Mr. "Just another day" as soon as he knows his bosses at Boston Scientific aren't looking (God, I wish they'd catch him spending company time on his foolishness) and Mr. Jones as soon as he runs out of kleenex on the side of his basement bed.

So, before that happens, I'll just say, to you, that I'm really intrigued with Randolph. I begin to wonder, however, if these failed high draft choices don't have a common flaw: they're uncoachable and don't ever learn. Darko appears to be hopeless offensively. Same move, same result. Beasley is just goofy. I can't help but wonder if he has a screw loose or is still blowing weed before games. So much talent, such unpredictability. Randolph seems like a man of astonishing basketball skills who doesn't have a clue about the concept of the game. I do so hope he can be fit into the scheme in some fashion. I don't think we've ever had a gazelle like him before. Rambis drives me crazy, but he seems to have a system he wants to use. However, it seems to require intelligence and decision making skills that don't allow players to revert to their basic basketball fallback moves once they get in pressure situations. Thus far, Beasley, Darko, and Flynn seem to want to play uncoached gym or street ball. Maybe Rambis should, just for one game, say, "Go out, run, do whatever you want." It might work, though I wouldn't put hard money on it.

FYI, I probably won't post again on this thread because of the little boys. I just want to say something so you know you're not the only one out there who likes to actually talk basketball.

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 10, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy, am I with you, Fracas. Wouldn't it be great if these little boys would find another sandbox, so folks who really care about talking basketball could do so? I don't know what to do. I've pretty much stopped posting, too, because of the little boys. Do they really think they're that clever?
But enough. They'll be gleefully jumping on my post as soon as they can. Mr. "Just another day" as soon as he knows his bosses at Boston Scientific aren't looking (God, I wish they'd catch him spending company time on his foolishness) and Mr. Jones as soon as he runs out of kleenex on the side of his basement bed.
So, before that happens, I'll just say, to you, that I'm really intrigued with Randolph. I begin to wonder, however, if these failed high draft choices don't have a common flaw: they're uncoachable and don't ever learn. Darko appears to be hopeless offensively. Same move, same result. Beasley is just goofy. I can't help but wonder if he has a screw loose or is still blowing weed before games. So much talent, such unpredictability. Randolph seems like a man of astonishing basketball skills who doesn't have a clue about the concept of the game. I do so hope he can be fit into the scheme in some fashion. I don't think we've ever had a gazelle like him before. Rambis drives me crazy, but he seems to have a system he wants to use. However, it seems to require intelligence and decision making skills that don't allow players to revert to their basic basketball fallback moves once they get in pressure situations. Thus far, Beasley, Darko, and Flynn seem to want to play uncoached gym or street ball. Maybe Rambis should, just for one game, say, "Go out, run, do whatever you want." It might work, though I wouldn't put hard money on it.
FYI, I probably won't post again on this thread because of the little boys. I just want to say something so you know you're not the only one out there who likes to actually talk basketball.
Gleefully it is, Oh wise one. This one goes on the 'dumb board' along with those gems from yesterday.
Quote:" I don't think we've ever had a gazelle like him before." Wow. Just wow. This was wrong in so many ways. You just called a dude a gazelle. On a public forum.

Quote:'However, it seems to require intelligence and decision making skills that don't allow players to revert to their basic basketball fallback moves once they get in pressure situations.' What the heck was that? We've been staring at that mess and cannot even begin to understand what you said. F- for ol' Hardly on that one.

Quote: "I'm really intrigued with Randolph." Wow. Please refer to first quote above.

BTW, we know you will read this, so here goes:

I swear to god, you mudducks are sooooo dumb....

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 10, 2011
Oh, BTW, from yesterday's hilarious blog on Lady Gaga:

The Hard Truth wrote:
I think everyone on Earth knows I'm gay by now but let me say this....
\m/
Whoa! I'm not gonna say a word. Don't have to. Don't want to. Although, come to think of it:

The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#13 Mar 10, 2011
the real just another day wrote:
Oh, BTW, from yesterday's hilarious blog on Lady Gaga:
The Hard Truth wrote:
I think everyone on Earth knows I'm gay by now but let me say this....
\m/
Whoa! I'm not gonna say a word. Don't have to. Don't want to. Although, come to think of it:
Having a good time, little fella?

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Mar 10, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a good time, little fella?
Best day of my life, Bruce....

BTW, that's a response...

Now, back to ripping on the doodles....
wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

#15 Mar 10, 2011
To The Real...Day - I knew exactly what The Hard Truth was saying, which just goes to show that you really know nothing about basketball.

Hard Truth - I enjoy your posts - please don't stop. Ignore the idiots and let's talk some b-ball.

Randolph actually smiled after a great shot and assist from Flynn. He sure has the skills - I just hope he gets enough motivation to want to play here. Like a lot of these young kids, he needs a little mentoring and some playing time to build up his confidence. I wish people would stop criticizing these kids for not having "old heads on young shoulders." So much is expected of them and they are not ready to produce at that level. I'm surprised it doesn't destroy them. They get dumped into the deep end of the pool and if they don't start swimming like Phelps, they are labeled losers.

Note to Erase My Memory - seems like that has already been done. How dare you post on here when you don't even know where KG played his last few years and where he won a championship! News flash! It wasn't Detroit. It was Boston. Sheesh!!!

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Mar 11, 2011
wolvesfan wrote:
To The Real...Day - I knew exactly what The Hard Truth was saying, which just goes to show that you really know nothing about basketball.
Hard Truth - I enjoy your posts - please don't stop. Ignore the idiots and let's talk some b-ball.
Randolph actually smiled after a great shot and assist from Flynn. He sure has the skills - I just hope he gets enough motivation to want to play here. Like a lot of these young kids, he needs a little mentoring and some playing time to build up his confidence. I wish people would stop criticizing these kids for not having "old heads on young shoulders." So much is expected of them and they are not ready to produce at that level. I'm surprised it doesn't destroy them. They get dumped into the deep end of the pool and if they don't start swimming like Phelps, they are labeled losers.
Note to Erase My Memory - seems like that has already been done. How dare you post on here when you don't even know where KG played his last few years and where he won a championship! News flash! It wasn't Detroit. It was Boston. Sheesh!!!
'let's talk some b-ball'. B-better hurry, the G-goofers are done, and the D-doodles have ab-bout 4 w-weeks. Just saying... or stuttering lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Timberwolves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible for Kevin Love to end up in Clev... Jul '14 eng 3
Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA Jul '14 Black Mamba 2
NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... May '14 Ginobili 2
Derrick Rose, Amar'e Stoudemire and the NBA's 1... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Rondo9 2
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
First NBA impression of Love was, eh, flawed (Jan '14) Jan '14 philtheduck 1
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5

Minnesota Timberwolves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE