Charles Barkley's advice for Minnesota Timberwolves: Hire Del H...

ESPN/ABC analyst Mark Jackson is the presumed favorite to become Minnesota Timberwolves head coach, but Charles Barkley, on his Web site , made a pitch for former NBA coach Del Harris. Full Story
C Racker Jack

Saint Cloud, MN

#1 Jul 1, 2009
The Wolves have no desire to ever be successful.

Since: Jul 09

Ocoee, FL

#2 Jul 1, 2009
well at least they can take this information and use it to build
VIVks_airod0d18_ jryddrr

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2009
whats' he goonnna do..( Allen Iverson) get back in there Dale.. wheres he gonna hide now , hes' our coach. Get back in there WIT
signed SeanDale. MurdreAP
olsonto

United States

#4 Jul 1, 2009
Not a Barkley fan, but I believe he is right here, not necessarily with Harris, though he might not be bad, but getting a teacher in first of all, then someone to take them to the next level.

The problem I have with Kahn working things the way he is is that this seems like an opportunity for his ego more then really what would work for the TWolves. He has been assembling players with no coach and no idea if the new coach will even want some of them.
rpc

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jul 1, 2009
For at least once in his life something that Charles has siad makes sense to me
fmc651

United States

#6 Jul 1, 2009
I would rather have Dell than the others in contention. I agree with Charles.
Baron Von Rashke

Louisville, KY

#7 Jul 1, 2009
I always thought Barkely was a stand up guy .
Hire Laimbeer. Harris would be a good second choice.
Wheelchair Charley

Garfield, MN

#8 Jul 1, 2009
The last time anyone listen to Charles Barkley's advise was when he saud he'd drive because his buddy was too drunk to drive.
TWolvesFanInLA

Los Angeles, CA

#9 Jul 1, 2009
I'm all for Kahn taking his time and getting the right head coach although my feeling is that Doug Collins (not a real option for MN) or Avery Johnson will be taking the Detroit job.

Kahn needs to figure out a way to get Rudy Fernandez from Portland. He's unhappy and would be perfect backcourt compliment to Rubio. I'd trade anyone not named Jefferson, Love or Rubio for him...including future picks. Blazers do not want him to go back to Europe without getting anything for him. Kahn needs to be aggressive here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story...
Nick

Stevens Point, WI

#10 Jul 2, 2009
Um....sircharlesincharge.com is not Charles Barkley's Web site. It is a blog by people who don't have anything to do with Charles Barkley.
Harold

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Jul 2, 2009
Nick is right.

http://sircharlesincharge.com/2009/07/02/idio...

Does the Pioneer Press ever check their facts?
Mark

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 2, 2009
Here's the lastest quote from "Charles Barkley" on "his" blog:

Sorry, Don Seeholzer, but I see holes in your journalism. Sorry, couldn’t resist. But, seriously, how did you miss all of those signs? Furthermore, why not drop the owners of the site an e-mail just to cover your ass and do a little fact-checking? And what about the editors? Does Pioneer Press/TwinCities.com even have editors? Are they working today? If so, are they sober?
esco

Homewood, IL

#13 Jul 7, 2009
Charles, while controversial, is a smart basketball mind. His suggestion is worth a thought. Who do you guys think? Here are some prospects and a good analysis: http://www.thesportsbank.net/minnesota-timber...
Charles Barkley

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jul 7, 2009
I don't care what youse guys do. I never said nuttin noway. Somebody else is jamming you with my nomme. lay your money in my acct and i will tell you what i think. noting is free.
barkley fan

United States

#15 Jun 17, 2011
rpc wrote:
For at least once in his life something that Charles has siad makes sense to me
Sir charles is a legend and is one of the greats when he talks we should listen he's not the best speaker but he makes sense

“500Lb Bench Press Club!”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#16 Jun 18, 2011
barkley fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir charles is a legend and is one of the greats when he talks we should listen he's not the best speaker but he makes sense
you should listen if you cant think for yourself. Barkley doesnt know what the hell hes talkimg about.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#17 Jun 20, 2011
hahah you guys realize this thread is from 2009?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Timberwolves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible for Kevin Love to end up in Clev... Jul '14 eng 3
Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA Jul '14 Black Mamba 2
NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... (May '14) May '14 Ginobili 2
Derrick Rose, Amar'e Stoudemire and the NBA's 1... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Rondo9 2
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
First NBA impression of Love was, eh, flawed (Jan '14) Jan '14 philtheduck 1
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
More from around the web