Wolves sunk by tall, talented Lakers in 90-79 loss at Target Center

This was not one of those games in which Kurt Rambis could complain about lack of effort or too many turnovers or defensive breakdowns. Full Story
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#1 Mar 2, 2011
Wes looked okay. Now I'm waiting for our alcoholic Sci-Med employee to further rip off his employer by taking work time to write his clever comment about Mudducks and Loserville. You out there, Sparky?
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#2 Mar 2, 2011
Darko disappeared for yet another game. No presence on the boards, plus he shoots like he has big floppy gloves on his hands, just letting it roll off the sides. The dude played halfway decent earlier in the season but seems to be regressing. Pek didn't have any positive impact either. I don't think either of these two should be in the Wolves long term plans at C, and the team isn't going to win consistently until they find a more capable, AND ATHLETIC, big body.

While Richardson dumps on Darko for his lack of help on the boards, lets not be giving Beasley a free pass either. Where was he all night? Beasley is a good player when he remembers that the game is not all about scoring.

Love struggles when opposing teams have a couple of long bodies, like the Lakers. KLove still played hard, getting to the line 10 times.

Nice game for Wes. He has played very well since the allstar break. I am still waiting for the guy to develop his handle well enough, or gain confidence in what he has, and start faking the jumper and then driving for the flush. Nice effort on defense as well. The ref's bailed out Kobe a few times with a couple of "give it to the superstar" calls.

It was curious that Rambis put so many backups on the floor at the same time late in the 3rd and early in the 4th. I realize Love can't play 48, but things kind of got out of control when it was all subs.
jmndodge

Maple Grove, MN

#3 Mar 2, 2011
Darko, we need more from you. You have shown that you have talent, but it seems like you get lost in the game. Is the nagging injury causing that much problem? You could be the big name player on this team -- you have the body and the skill set. Beasley, set a goal of more assists, less turnovers, and better shooting percentage (that is take the open shot). There is no question of you talent but it seems you lose focus during the game and only think of shooting or driving for the basket, what you forget is that then they only guard 3 players and you are always double or triple teamed. Love, keep working on offensive footwork and become stronger under the basket, nice to see you attempt a hook shot last night keep working on that. Wes will get better, Anthony has potential, let's try Ellington at point guard a few minutes a game. Size and forced ball movement by passing the ball not dribbling might just work out.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#4 Mar 2, 2011
The Darko conundrum is real. He seems to have only one move, and it is set up by a dribble. Every team knows this, and they swipe the ball almost every time, or, at least, break Darko's rhythm. To some degree, the same is true for Pek.

Bigs cannot survive when they have to put the ball on the floor every time. Darko needs some fundamental schooling about step-throughs, putting up shots without a dribble, and, I would propose, using the backboard. If he is intent upon his soft baby hook, the rim is less your friend than the backboard.

The disregard of the backboard is one of the game's greatest failings these days. We still have guys like Tim Duncan who make a living by understanding its value. But then there are others who somehow see its use as the equivalent of an underhanded free throw: perhaps effective, but somehow uncool.

What frightens me with Darko, and to a slightly lesser extent with Beasley, is that they don't seem to be able to learn. We, instead, may be the ones who are learning: that the reasons other teams gave up on them is because no one could penetrate their skulls enough to fix weak spots in their game.

Beasley, sadly, may be best suited to a 6th man gunner role. If he is so unpredictable that he is a 30 point a game man one day and a 4 point a game man the next, he can't be in the starting lineup. Yet, when he's on, he's the best we have.

To me, the bright spot on the team right now is Wes. He's growing by baby steps, which is a much better way to develop than by having to edit and sculpt outrageous but semi-out of control talent. He may become exactly what Kahn hoped -- a predictable force with both offensive and defensive capabilities. For that alone, the rest of the season is worth watching.
the real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Mar 2, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
The Darko conundrum is real. He seems to have only one move, and it is set up by a dribble. Every team knows this, and they swipe the ball almost every time, or, at least, break Darko's rhythm. To some degree, the same is true for Pek.
Bigs cannot survive when they have to put the ball on the floor every time. Darko needs some fundamental schooling about step-throughs, putting up shots without a dribble, and, I would propose, using the backboard. If he is intent upon his soft baby hook, the rim is less your friend than the backboard.
The disregard of the backboard is one of the game's greatest failings these days. We still have guys like Tim Duncan who make a living by understanding its value. But then there are others who somehow see its use as the equivalent of an underhanded free throw: perhaps effective, but somehow uncool.
What frightens me with Darko, and to a slightly lesser extent with Beasley, is that they don't seem to be able to learn. We, instead, may be the ones who are learning: that the reasons other teams gave up on them is because no one could penetrate their skulls enough to fix weak spots in their game.
Beasley, sadly, may be best suited to a 6th man gunner role. If he is so unpredictable that he is a 30 point a game man one day and a 4 point a game man the next, he can't be in the starting lineup. Yet, when he's on, he's the best we have.
To me, the bright spot on the team right now is Wes. He's growing by baby steps, which is a much better way to develop than by having to edit and sculpt outrageous but semi-out of control talent. He may become exactly what Kahn hoped -- a predictable force with both offensive and defensive capabilities. For that alone, the rest of the season is worth watching.
Mindless drivel. Here's the short version: You, there. Put the round ball in the round hole. Then do it agin,'till the loud horn goes off. Just like Hard Truth making subs at Subway!!

I swear to god, you mudducks are soooo dumb....
DD Austin

Jackson, MS

#6 Mar 2, 2011
It's amazing how creative you are in making excuses or in saying how the tenderwolves got their rear ends kicked A G A I N !!!! They stink!! Period!
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Mar 2, 2011
length and size......length and size...we couldve got JNoah, DJordan and even DCousins...but settled for stiff Darko...imagine if we have Noah, Love, Beasley, Johnson and Curry..wow.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#8 Mar 2, 2011
the real just another day wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindless drivel. Here's the short version: You, there. Put the round ball in the round hole. Then do it agin,'till the loud horn goes off. Just like Hard Truth making subs at Subway!!
I swear to god, you mudducks are soooo dumb....
Give Sci-Med the time they're paying you for. Your comments are a great pleasure to you and your friends, I'm sure. But, in truth, they're just juvenile. I know, I know, it just keeps guys like you going when people respond to you. But, you happen to have an especially childish manner that just gets my goat. Congratulations. You win. And what a victory it is, little fellow. Now, back to your computer screen and your paying job.

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Mar 2, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Give Sci-Med the time they're paying you for. Your comments are a great pleasure to you and your friends, I'm sure. But, in truth, they're just juvenile. I know, I know, it just keeps guys like you going when people respond to you. But, you happen to have an especially childish manner that just gets my goat. Congratulations. You win. And what a victory it is, little fellow. Now, back to your computer screen and your paying job.
We think someone needs a hug....
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 2, 2011
<quoted text>
We think someone needs a hug....
Go for it!
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Mar 2, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
I'm sorry, getting to the third word "conundrum", it definitely turned me off from reading the rest. I'll catch you in later post.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#12 Mar 2, 2011
Maroon and Gold in Wisc wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, getting to the third word "conundrum", it definitely turned me off from reading the rest. I'll catch you in later post.
Don't bother. If a word bothers you, look it up. You might even like it.
brave_dave

Huntington Beach, CA

#13 Mar 2, 2011
Now now boys, quit ur fighting this is what happens when the season goes badly. Again.
txiong wrote:
length and size......length and size...we couldve got JNoah, DJordan and even DCousins...but settled for stiff Darko...imagine if we have Noah, Love, Beasley, Johnson and Curry..wow.
Did you mean Jefferson instead of Johnson. I hope so. Big Al is absolutely destroying it in Salt Lake. Did anybody see him and KJ going at it on NBA TV?? Classic. The announcers were like, "they were traded for each other." K Love and Big A could of played together. Al and Paul Milssap are doing it and I don't see why he couldn't of done it with Kevin. Al Jefferson is a freak. It takes two years to come back from an injury like he had and boy is he back. He's why you got rid of KG. That was a good trade for the Wolves. It's just too bad he got injured.

For every good decision the Wolves make, they make two bad ones.
brave_dave

Huntington Beach, CA

#14 Mar 2, 2011
KG. KJ what a goof. Anyway it's funny you guys draft three, count em three, point guards last year and you march out Ridnour and Telfair night after night. Horrible. Luk's a good back-up but that's about it. Telfair shouldn't even be in the league. At least play Jonny to see what he's got. Didn't he go sixth in the 09 draft?
Maroon and Gold in Wisc

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Mar 2, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't bother. If a word bothers you, look it up. You might even like it.
I found it;
"Conundrum - A big word, used by little men, to enhance their self-perceived importance".

Good advice, thanks.

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Mar 2, 2011
<quoted text>
I found it;
"Conundrum - A big word, used by little men, to enhance their self-perceived importance".
Good advice, thanks.
SWEEETTT!!!

Here's another one for our 'little' friend:'pedagogue'. As in, oh boy, that pedagogue is at the library again, hogging the free bandwidth, before his shift at Subway. Suks to be him... mudduck

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Mar 2, 2011
The Hard Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, what is 'Sci-Med'? Holy c##p, a banner day for the 'dumb post' wall on a slow Wednesday!!! Keep 'em coming, junior, you are saving us here. Now, can I have extra mayo, and keep that thumb out of my sub, thanks so much...

Now, back to ripping on the 'doodles....

Saint Paul, MN

#19 Mar 2, 2011
<quoted text>I'd rather have someone come right out and tell me to "Go 'f' yourself" than to have one tell me "if you can find time, you have my permission to go fornicate by ones self". I can image sitting around with my buddies having a few barley pops and I use the word "conundrum". They'd laugh their a.s.s.e.s off. Mudducks and Cheese heads alike.
As in, I just took a conundrum, and wiped with a 'Hard Truth'? Oh boy, if this post doesn't get me in trouble, none will.....
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#20 Mar 2, 2011
<quoted text>
BTW, what is 'Sci-Med'? Holy c##p, a banner day for the 'dumb post' wall on a slow Wednesday!!! Keep 'em coming, junior, you are saving us here. Now, can I have extra mayo, and keep that thumb out of my sub, thanks so much...
Now, back to ripping on the 'doodles....
Just curious, what is "ripping on the 'doodles"? In English please.

Color me "enlightened".

Thanks so very much.
johnny

Lake Grove, NY

#21 Mar 5, 2011
sebastian telfair, should be starting at point guard. he plays better defense, than ridnour and flynn. he give that team, a better chance to win.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Timberwolves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible for Kevin Love to end up in Clev... Jul '14 eng 3
Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA Jul '14 Black Mamba 2
NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... May '14 Ginobili 2
Derrick Rose, Amar'e Stoudemire and the NBA's 1... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Rondo9 2
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
First NBA impression of Love was, eh, flawed (Jan '14) Jan '14 philtheduck 1
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5

Minnesota Timberwolves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE