Suns send Timberwolves to 14th straight loss, NBA basement with OT win

Full story: TwinCities.com

Channing Frye scored a game-high 33 points and hit a three-pointer with 2:05 left in overtime to start an 8-0 run, and the Phoenix Suns rallied to beat Minnesota 135-127 on Monday night for the Timberwolves' 14th consecutive loss.
Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Apr 12, 2011
DD Austin

Meridian, MS

#1 Apr 12, 2011
The tenderwolves have never been out of the basement - what you talkin bout?
FMC651

Tomah, WI

#2 Apr 12, 2011
And DAve Stern still won't give them the 1st pick
The Wrath of Kahn

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#3 Apr 12, 2011
Well, they're assured of one of the top seeds again.(Could be a good thing.)
But Kahn is drafting (proven to be a very bad thing.)
Taylor, stop being a fool. Please fire Kahn now so he can't trade anyone and isn't involved in the draft!!!
If you don't fire Kahn, you might as well arrange something with the Clippers now so the pick isn't wasted.
Trade Rubio to the Nets for a future first and a few seconds (including this year.) Then give a first to the Clippers so the next regime can start fresh.
It's a guarantee that Kahn will choose the wrong player who fails, or if picks the right player, he'll trade him.(That's the Wolves mantra.)
The average Minnesota middle schooler could draft better than this clown.
Kahn: Flynn, Rubio, etc. all failing. The ones you traded or passed on: Lawson, Curry, etc. all doing better. What a waste of 1st round picks!
If it isn't obvious to you, dear reader, that Kahn doesn't know what he is doing, YOU are a complete moron!
Also, if they tie Cleveland and there is a coin flip for the higher choice, Cavs win behind Stern's 'closed door' scheming.
Stern must hate Minny.
Screwed in '92
Screwed again in '11.
Doctor McCoy

Mission Viejo, CA

#4 Apr 12, 2011
The Wrath of Kahn wrote:
Well, they're assured of one of the top seeds again.(Could be a good thing.)
But Kahn is drafting (proven to be a very bad thing.)
Taylor, stop being a fool. Please fire Kahn now so he can't trade anyone and isn't involved in the draft!!!
If you don't fire Kahn, you might as well arrange something with the Clippers now so the pick isn't wasted.
Trade Rubio to the Nets for a future first and a few seconds (including this year.) Then give a first to the Clippers so the next regime can start fresh.
It's a guarantee that Kahn will choose the wrong player who fails, or if picks the right player, he'll trade him.(That's the Wolves mantra.)
The average Minnesota middle schooler could draft better than this clown.
Kahn: Flynn, Rubio, etc. all failing. The ones you traded or passed on: Lawson, Curry, etc. all doing better. What a waste of 1st round picks!
If it isn't obvious to you, dear reader, that Kahn doesn't know what he is doing, YOU are a complete moron!
Also, if they tie Cleveland and there is a coin flip for the higher choice, Cavs win behind Stern's 'closed door' scheming.
Stern must hate Minny.
Screwed in '92
Screwed again in '11.
Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a magician!
Anonymous

Lady Lake, FL

#5 Apr 12, 2011
What a joke of a team, in a joke sport. Target Center could be used for important events.
Kobster

Mission Viejo, CA

#6 Apr 12, 2011
Akmed The Dead Terrorist wrote:
What a joke of a team, in a joke sport. Target Center could be used for important events.
A buffet for women
HuskerMac

Litchfield, MN

#7 Apr 12, 2011
Glen Taylor should stop wasting his millions. Find a new city for this embarrassment of a franchise.
Hector

Mission Viejo, CA

#8 Apr 12, 2011
HuskerMac wrote:
Glen Taylor should stop wasting his millions. Find a new city for this embarrassment of a franchise.
Tiajuan would be perfect.
America Adrift

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Apr 12, 2011
Remember when Timberwolves were so giddy with encouragement at the start of the season - you know, how they went on and on about this team having some potential with guys like Beasley and Love??? Well, here we are again, losing, what 14 straight games, looking as pathetic as we did last season, and improving from last year's record by EXACTLY 2 games. I said, here on Topix, this team HAD NOTHING!!!! People criticized me for that. I'm going to tell you all this once more - WE HAVE NOTHING!!!!! Until we get a super star, like Derrick Rose, Lebron James, or Kobe Bryant, and a real GM (because Kahn has no idea what he's doing - that's obvious), and an owner that will let basketball people make basketball decisions instead of running Target Center like another car dealership, we're going to stay in the basement no matter how much POTENTIAL Rubio, Love, and any other posing player has.
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Apr 12, 2011
Holy moly, Rocky. The crack PP staff actually posted an article on this game. Unlike the game from Saturday night. Not that anyone but Hard Truth cares, but still I couldn't say.....

Just another day in loserville.....
A Vkings fan

Stillwater, MN

#11 Apr 12, 2011
Uh-oh... does this loss threaten the Wolves chances of home-court advantage throughout the playoffs?
DD Austin

United States

#12 Apr 12, 2011
The real just another day wrote:
Holy moly, Rocky. The crack PP staff actually posted an article on this game. Unlike the game from Saturday night. Not that anyone but Hard Truth cares, but still I couldn't say.....
Just another day in loserville.....
Hey mayor of losereville, how's it feel living as a loser?:-)
The Wrath of Kahn

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#13 Apr 12, 2011
Doctor McCoy wrote:
<quoted text>Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor, not a magician!
I love the reference.
Kahn, being a typical T-pup GM says to Taylor:
"A winner? Caw'ptain, I can't change the laws of physics.. Awe got to 'av 30 years!"
The Wrath of Kahn

Rancho Santa Fe, CA

#14 Apr 12, 2011
I remember writing on this board years ago their trades and drafts were bad, then again 4 years ago, and every year since. Even before this season and there was always some damn fan who said I was wrong.

No one saying so at this point.
Gentleman. Women. We've officially reached the point at the edge of the universe where..
No one cares!
The front office has, for over 20 years, always been incompetent and continues to be so. No wonder the team is bad. It really isn't the players fault. Really.
I'd say stop blowing up the team and coach. Blow up the front office EACH and EVERY year until they can get the draft right! until they prove the can evaluate personnel. Don't allow them to trade a single player. Bring in someone else to do that.
Can you get Coakh K Glen? I'd do it if I were you at whatever price.
Maybe Kahn could be hired to on the janitorial staff to clean out the bathrooms.'Cause the only thing he knows and attracts is SH@+...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Minnesota Timberwolves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it possible for Kevin Love to end up in Clev... Jul '14 eng 3
Kevin Love withdraws from Team USA Jul '14 Black Mamba 2
NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... May '14 Ginobili 2
Derrick Rose, Amar'e Stoudemire and the NBA's 1... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Rondo9 2
Loss of Nikola Pekovic severely hurts Timberwolves (Feb '14) Feb '14 Trevor 1
First NBA impression of Love was, eh, flawed (Jan '14) Jan '14 philtheduck 1
Minnesota Timberwolves resume pre-draft workout... (Jun '09) Jan '14 Patrick Kelly 5
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Minnesota Timberwolves People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••