Charley Walters: Minnesota Timberwolves President David Kahn says his team will contend for playo...

Full story: TwinCities.com

The Timberwolves have won only 32 games over the past two seasons, but President David Kahn said the team still can attract quality players.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
DD Austin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

I would hope that the "Con" man has plenty to worry about! Like getting FIRED! Common Glen - man up and git - r - done!!
Minneapolis

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Go to the Rams young Colton!!!!! Sit out a year and work hard to become better. Then in your senior season you will dominate the Mountain west conference. Colton would already be a top five player in the conference right now. CSU has Tim Miles who is a pretty good coach and the campus is spectacular. Go to CSU Colton!
p.s.
I am a proud alum of Colorado State
Awful

Chaska, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Kahn needs to take off those rose-colored glasses that he is viewing this situation through.

Luke Ridenour, although a great kid, is NOT the point guard on a NBA Playoff team. Michael Beasley had no choice to come here and of course he likes it, he gets to shoot everytime he touches the ball. That only works for one player. Tony Campbell like it here too.

The bottom line, the Wolves don't have NBA talent to compete every night, there is no way this team makes the playoffs. What Luke Ridenour is going to become a better point guard next year? Darko is going to get a little motivation? These aren't young players growing and maturing. These are veterans and as one ignorant President of the Wolves once claimed regarind another situation - it is what is.

And this team has a long ways to go.
427 Shelby

Beltsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Awful says it all (regarding his name and the Stumblewolves). They haven't put a viable product on the floor since KG left. Kahn (Con) needs to put the pipe down. Maybe they can move to LA with Viqueens.

Since: Sep 08

Farmington, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Kahn must have been playing and april foold joke on us.

“Get A Job!!”

Since: Mar 11

Eden Prairie

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Dream On!!!
Dealwithit

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

The only thing Kahn has proven is he can't pick draft picks worth a lick, no matter how high or how many. At least McHale, when he had top 10 picks did well. It's just he only had a couple after KG arrived (Allen, Roy). Kahn has had that twice over and hasn't picked a player to build around yet. Never mind the playoffs next year, the big question is can they pass Sac for the worse record in the West. I think not. Sac has Evans and Cousins to build around. They'll win 25+ games next years, the wolves will struggle to win 20.
Dis

Circle Pines, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2011

Judged:

Hi,
I would like to say that we enjoyed going to a Timberwolves game on March 30 2011, but i can't say it. I am really embarrassed to say this is our basketball team. I have watched them play every year live at least once and i have to say 'don't they have any respect for themselves? I do not care if they are not in contention or not, that should have no bearing on how they play-yup, i know they are human, but get into gameface mode, or next year, and the year after, and so on, there will be not gameface mode.
From the begining they were down points, and the Bulls didn't even play as well as they could have. The fact that i watch the Bulls shoot, shoot and shoot between periods in order and in line while i watch the Wolves haphazardly shoot if they feel like it when they are shooting that poorly during the game is utter nonsense. I am totally sick of this out of this team and the ones before and our state needs this kind of mediocrity? No way.
I have seen junior high teams play better.
Sick of it in Minnesota
Larry

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

I want what David Kahn is smoking. Care to bet your job on it?
sominnguy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

What, is this guy on meth? Inconsistencies abound, bad shooting, passing, NO DEFENSE (then again, this is common in the NBA), and if they think that the draft will save them, hah, it never has before, with KG the lone exception.

Since: Jan 11

Duluth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

He has to say it how else they gonna justify stealing the money from the taxpayers to upgrade the arena.
sooperthanksfora sking

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

The highest ranked Minnesotan is actually Seth Ambroz (28th) of New Prague, Lucia is the highest ranked Minnesota high school player.
merleot

Eden Prairie, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Kahn should be fired immediately. He has run this pathetic franchise further into the ground
danimal52

Greendale, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

Judged:

you cant afford decent players player when you got 2 or 3 that are way over paid like garnett 100 million contract and no help for him because he ate up all the money . should be set regulation pay scale , rookie -sophmore- freshman - senior and out the door .over paying players who havent proved a thing in nfl . i say 50%of players earn their money others. who have good year it means they earned money .dosent mean you deserve more money .means you earned it .im a viking fan but ap comment on slavery. turning into another ass whole player . trade him now and try drafting mark ingram rb alabama. should get a player and possible two picks for him
Victim of the Economy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

That just goes to show that nothing was done the past few years to help the team except stupid trades and blundered picks.
Kahn is now realizing we need to upgrade this team? What has he been watching the last 4 years cartoons. This team needs to get a coach with some balls who can get these kids to work, they all look so sluggish and slow. They need to move the ball have a plan not just a hope and a prayer. We were killed on offensive rebounds and second chance points. Anthony Randolph and couple others have the killer instinct. Ridnour is good, he needs to stop being so flashy and pass the ball. Bottom line is they play like patsys most the time, we need lean mean fighting machines. Jerry Sloan might be available? Put another 25 pounds of muscle on Kevin Love and see what happens.
Jim

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2011

22 FREAKIN years......and its the SAME OLD --We'll Get 'Em Next Year... Give it a rest! Accomplish something...till then you shouldn't even make the paper
Jeffrey

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2011

I'll have whatever Kahn is having. You don't go from 15 wins to 17 wins to 40+ wins which is what it will take to contend for a playoff spot in the west.
Jake

Saint Augustine, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2011

There is no way that the Wolves become playoff contenders next year, but what else would you expect Kahn to say.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 18 of18
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••