Dwight Howard scores 22 in romp over Germany

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

The U.S. Olympic team put away Dirk Nowitzki and Germany in a hurry. Next up: the only team so far these Americans couldn't blow out.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14

Since: Apr 07

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

About time Dwight stepped up and played well and put up some good numbers. I guess it took him a few games to adjust to the players around him.
Gloom and Doom

Silver Spring, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Worthless. Just how in hell do these professional basketball players who get paid big, big, bucks, qualify for the Olympics? Didn't they take away Jim Thorps medals for a little paid baseball? There should be no professional anything in the Olympics. Quit adding games to this crap and stick with the games the Greeks actually played. Ribbon twirling dancing? Come on.
Joe

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Dwight Howard, although a terrific athlete, is least skilled member of the team. This team is putting on a clinic for all to see. These guys are enjoying passing, defense, screening, blocking out and doing all the other work that makes basketball such a great team sport. Kobe, Lebron, Carmello, et al, showing the world how to focus and win. My hat's off to them. So far they have been the greatest Olympic team ever. Coach K deserves some credit also.

DH would do well to watch and learn. Although, I doubt that he can bring that focus on team play back to Orlando. Look for continuing big dunks and loses. Lil' Buddy, SVG and Otis can't even envision the concept of teamwork. Orlando won't even make the post season.
Sixx

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Joe wrote:
Dwight Howard, although a terrific athlete, is least skilled member of the team. This team is putting on a clinic for all to see. These guys are enjoying passing, defense, screening, blocking out and doing all the other work that makes basketball such a great team sport. Kobe, Lebron, Carmello, et al, showing the world how to focus and win. My hat's off to them. So far they have been the greatest Olympic team ever. Coach K deserves some credit also.
DH would do well to watch and learn. Although, I doubt that he can bring that focus on team play back to Orlando. Look for continuing big dunks and loses. Lil' Buddy, SVG and Otis can't even envision the concept of teamwork. Orlando won't even make the post season.
I'll take that bet.
JGJ

Dade City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Joe wrote:
Orlando won't make the playoffs? Wow! You know NOTHING about basketball! Please refrain from posting on the Sentinel ever again!
Thank you!
me me me

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

eefffff you buddy
Mike

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2008

Gloom and Doom wrote:
Worthless. Just how in hell do these professional basketball players who get paid big, big, bucks, qualify for the Olympics? Didn't they take away Jim Thorps medals for a little paid baseball? There should be no professional anything in the Olympics. Quit adding games to this crap and stick with the games the Greeks actually played. Ribbon twirling dancing? Come on.
I disagree. I want to see the very best athletes period. I don't care if they are professionals or not. I'm sure all of the other countries are using their pros too! I also disagree about the various events they've added in recent years. In my opinion it makes it more interesting.
joe c

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

dh best center in the nba and so far has had "1" game in the olympics under 10 points he like all the players playin this year understand TEAMWORK and playin their role least talented blah i say PROFESSIONAL as always for him playoffs guarantied
Sleeper13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Dwight is playing his role on this team of superstars and fitting in very nicely. He is allowing the guard play to shine by doing the grunt work and ensuring they continue to dominate.

I do not understand the "fans" who continously over criticize Dwights game. He is a 6'11" Center! He is not a guard, he never will be. However he is perhaps the most dominate big man in a league that needs someone to fill the void left by Shaq's fade to mediocridy.
LMAO

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2008

Coach K say, "pass Dwight ball!"

Team pass Dwight ball... Dwight catch ball under basket.

Dwight JUMP WAY HIGH! Dwight Slam ball down.

Coach K say, "Ok, enough of Dwight Dunks, now we get back to real basketball!

:)
WIN AT ALL COSTS

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

LMAO wrote:
Coach K say, "pass Dwight ball!"
Team pass Dwight ball... Dwight catch ball under basket.
Dwight JUMP WAY HIGH! Dwight Slam ball down.
Coach K say, "Ok, enough of Dwight Dunks, now we get back to real basketball!
:)
I hope that was a joke, because otherwise I'll have to say you're an idiot
bud

Olympia, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Basketball? Who cares you have a bunch of 7 ft. tall people that can dunk the ball standing flat footed. And if you are a star you never get a foul called. I say raise the basket to 14 ft. and give 1 pt. for a dunk and no blood no foul then maybe I might watch a game. The NBA is a bunch of pathetic losers who cheat by getting to the refs to make the games a bit more swallowable to the tv networks and bring in more cash. It is no wonder nobody goes to NBA games anymore. Again I say WHO CARES!

Since: Jul 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

JCJ, North Carolina. HMMM Lets see oh your a Bobcats fan aren't you.
You just lost a $1,000 bet!!!!
What a joke Dwight vs. Emeka. Go back to your own forum

Since: Jul 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

Sorry JCJ I guess reading JOE WROTE would have helped Many apoligies!!!!!! I think I'll take my ball and go home

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 14 of14
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••