Rose's debut a success as Bulls top B...

Rose's debut a success as Bulls top Bucks

There are 28 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 28, 2008, titled Rose's debut a success as Bulls top Bucks. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Derrick Rose came an assist shy of a double-double as the Bulls beat former head coach Scott Skiles and the Milwaukee Bucks 108-95 in the season opener Tuesday night at the United Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Chuck D of Valpo

Valparaiso, IN

#1 Oct 28, 2008
Nice start to hopefully a great season.
MFK

Niles, IL

#2 Oct 28, 2008
last season was a mess but i believe that this year would be better because this is almost the same as it was two years ago. Tyrus Thomas is the stud keep giving him minutes...i believe rose was the best pick for us coz we have thomas and he has potential...he can play as a power forward...the only problem with the bulls is Larry huges... i dont want him to recover... go bulls...if we beat celtics which be really difficult...but we do then we are making playoffs for sure
Rod Munch

Rockford, IL

#3 Oct 28, 2008
Go Bulls!
Now Wait a Minute

Chicago, IL

#4 Oct 28, 2008
I predict that at some point either Rose or Del Negro is going to pull Gordon aside and smash mouth him until he understands it is not his job to direct the ball but to give it to Rose and let him set him up for an open jumper.
Otherwise, great energy from Noah, Thomas and Deng.
Sefelosha needs to learn floor positioning or he is going to sit.
TGM

Redondo Beach, CA

#5 Oct 28, 2008
Aside from the turnovers and some leaky defense, a nice start t the season. Rose looked good on offense (not so much on D), Luol was much more aggressive attacking the rim than he was last year, Tyrus was very active on both ends of the floor AND PLAYED 40 MINUTES, Hinrich and Gordon (after a slow start) both played extremely well off the bench. The only player who I thought really struggled was Sefolosha -- but he didn't get a ton of minutes. One thing that as really nice to see was the 44 FTAs. Of course Milwaukee is likely going to be one of the worst teams in the league this season, especially defensely, so can't read TOO much into this. But a win is a win, so I'll take it!
jim

Japan

#6 Oct 28, 2008
Like we all have been saying since the draft, boy are we glad we picked Rose over Beasely.(smile). But regardless of that choice, if Thomas comes around like tonights game, and Deng plays up to his salary, and Noah stays straight and high (natural) energy, this could be a team to be reckoned with. Let's read more into it, when the 10th win is achieved. Will they be 10 and 10 similar to last season,(when they lost the first 7 or so if I remember), or will they be 10-4, 10-5?
Texzen

Winder, GA

#7 Oct 29, 2008
More third grade story writing by the Tribune sports staff. If the headline didn't say "Bucks" you would not even know who the Bulls played. It's hard to decide which writing quality is worse, football or basketball but, both are more befitting the Valdosta Georgia Gazette than the rapidly degrading Chicago Tribune.
King Ed

Conroe, TX

#8 Oct 29, 2008
That's the way to do it guys i am proud of u all
Jenny

Schaumburg, IL

#9 Oct 29, 2008
i liked the starting lineup. playing hinwreck and gordon off the bench was a good move by vinny. what will the pax man do to make this team better?
American First

Gwynn Oak, MD

#10 Oct 29, 2008
The Bulls played good as a team. The Bulls are weak in the middle. The Bulls do not have a inside game/presence; don't intimidate. I hope Gray & Noah can provide that inside game. Noah never plays with his back to the basket and Noah finds it very difficult to score or shoot free throws. Since he does neither well, he should focus on defensive and offensive rebounding. However, with his glaring weaknesses it is a big question mark why the Bull's organization chose him. He Noah is awful soft. I still feel we do not have enough basketballs or minutes for Kirk, Gordon, Rose, Thabo, Hughes; Nicioni, Deng, Goodwin, Tyrus, Gray, Noah..etc. Vinny will play 10 players. Most NBA Teams have a core of about 8 playing regularly. Plus we have some rookie talent that may be very good and need playing time too.
Johnrun1

Elgin, IL

#11 Oct 29, 2008
Now wait a minute:
Get off Gordon's back-he is the only real shooter on the team. The success of this team depends on the development of Rose and Thomas. If Thomas can stay healthy and play with the energy he dispolayed last night they have a chance of making the playoffs.
American First

Gwynn Oak, MD

#12 Oct 29, 2008
Now Wait a Minute wrote:
I predict that at some point either Rose or Del Negro is going to pull Gordon aside and smash mouth him until he understands it is not his job to direct the ball but to give it to Rose and let him set him up for an open jumper.
Otherwise, great energy from Noah, Thomas and Deng.
Sefelosha needs to learn floor positioning or he is going to sit.
What game are you watching? And, have you watched the Bulls the past 2 years? Ben Gordon won 6th man of the year award in a year he should have been a starter as he would be on any other team in the NBA. Ben played on the Connecticut NCAA championship team as a starting gaurd. Ben is the best scorer on the Bull's team. I mean he is the go to guy since he been here. Look Pal, just because must of u's have a problem justifying Kirk Hinrich is your problem. Kirk is the worst gaurd on the Bull's team. Despite having a pretty good game last night. Thabo has never gotten the minutes in his now 3rd year with the Bulls. You need minutes to get your timing down and shot down. Kirk has gotten all the minutes whether he plays good or bad because management made him the Poster Child of the Bulls even though he doesn't deserve it. Kirk would not have started in know team in the NBA the last 5 years he been in the League. He only has started in Chicago because Chicago is the last team in the NBA that is determined to have two white boys starting or in the rotation whether they can play or not. You rat out Ben Gordon yet, he is better than Kirk Hinrich. The stats will show that. The salary want though. The Bulls have a way of making Ben look bad and a malcontent like they did Pippen and Grant. They were to cheap to pay Grant or Pippen or Jordan. Jordan got his money from endorsements. Kirk didn't start but Kirk got starter minutes. Gordon still outscored him. And Thabo is way better than Kirk but Vinny, Paxston and Jerry is going have a white boy Kirk in their.
Reverse Racist First

United States

#13 Oct 29, 2008
Kirk has gotten all the minutes whether he plays good or bad because management made him the Poster Child of the Bulls even though he doesn't deserve it. Kirk would not have started in know team in the NBA the last 5 years he been in the League. He only has started in Chicago because Chicago is the last team in the NBA that is determined to have two white boys starting or in the rotation whether they can play or not. You rat out Ben Gordon yet, he is better than Kirk Hinrich.

Why do you drag Kirk Hinrich into what Now Wait A Minute had to say? All he stated was that Rose is the ballhandler, not Gordon. You can lose the racist attitude, that awful whiteboy Kirk Hinrich has taken his rightful place on the bench when the starting lineups are out there playing.
Grish

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 29, 2008
The jumpers were falling and all was good in the Bulls world. Playing Boston in a couple nights will be a splash of cold water in the face. Hughes is the odd man out. I don't see how he is going to fit in when he comes back. Rose will be able to find guys on the dribble drive. If Thomas and Gooden can keep hitting the mid-range jumper, look out.
joe

Freehold, NJ

#15 Oct 29, 2008
Hinrich played pretty dam good last night, and I'm not too disappointed he's still on the team at this point.
dave

Glendale Heights, IL

#16 Oct 29, 2008
Bulls trading Hinrich & Thabo for Al Harrington?

http://www.rumorpress.net/...

True or False, KC?

Harrington isn't a low post monster. He's more like Nocioni - his numbers are a shade higher, but he's definitely not as likeable. For the Bulls to pass on Garnett and Kobe, only to get rid of two great guards for a mediocre forward just shifts crowding from the backcourt to the frontcourt and doesn't turn the Bulls into "instant contenders".

I say bad idea. Don't pull the trigger just to shake things up, Pax. You should be able to find something better.
Now Wait a Minute

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 29, 2008
American First wrote:
<quoted text>
What game are you watching? And, have you watched the Bulls the past 2 years? Ben Gordon won 6th man of the year award in a year he should have been a starter as he would be on any other team in the NBA. Ben played on the Connecticut NCAA championship team as a starting gaurd. Ben is the best scorer on the Bull's team. I mean he is the go to guy since he been here. Look Pal, just because must of u's have a problem justifying Kirk Hinrich is your problem. Kirk is the worst gaurd on the Bull's team. Despite having a pretty good game last night. Thabo has never gotten the minutes in his now 3rd year with the Bulls. You need minutes to get your timing down and shot down. Kirk has gotten all the minutes whether he plays good or bad because management made him the Poster Child of the Bulls even though he doesn't deserve it. Kirk would not have started in know team in the NBA the last 5 years he been in the League. He only has started in Chicago because Chicago is the last team in the NBA that is determined to have two white boys starting or in the rotation whether they can play or not. You rat out Ben Gordon yet, he is better than Kirk Hinrich. The stats will show that. The salary want though. The Bulls have a way of making Ben look bad and a malcontent like they did Pippen and Grant. They were to cheap to pay Grant or Pippen or Jordan. Jordan got his money from endorsements. Kirk didn't start but Kirk got starter minutes. Gordon still outscored him. And Thabo is way better than Kirk but Vinny, Paxston and Jerry is going have a white boy Kirk in their.
I guess you are continuing on your defensive rants from last season.
The game I was watching were the 3 or 4 times in the fourth quarter Rose called for the ball and Gordon ignored him. At least once, he got the ball stuffed back in his face when he tried to force a layup against 2 people 5 inches taller than him.
Proof of the pudding is when Del Negro pulled Gordon out at about 1:20 left in the game with 18 points scored instead of letting the baby try to get his 20. He was sending a message that this is Rose's team and to teach the other 4 lesser basketball intelligent players on the court how to space themselves for his set-ups. That's what this season is all about, not how many points Gordon can score and give up on atrocious defense.
Damani

Schaumburg, IL

#18 Oct 29, 2008
dave wrote:
Bulls trading Hinrich & Thabo for Al Harrington?
http://www.rumorpress.net/...
True or False, KC?
Harrington isn't a low post monster. He's more like Nocioni - his numbers are a shade higher, but he's definitely not as likeable. For the Bulls to pass on Garnett and Kobe, only to get rid of two great guards for a mediocre forward just shifts crowding from the backcourt to the frontcourt and doesn't turn the Bulls into "instant contenders".
I say bad idea. Don't pull the trigger just to shake things up, Pax. You should be able to find something better.
I agree 100%!!! Harrington is a very good player but the fact is he is only 6'9 and more of a power foward! The move would only hurt the development of the stat stacking T2(Tyrus Thomas). Him, Rose, and Deng are the future of this franchise!! Bulls need a center that can play with his back to the basket. Brad Miller may be available. I like Noah off the bench!!
Mike

United States

#19 Oct 29, 2008
A star has arrived, and it only took 10 years.

Hey, even Luol Deng figured out who it was--not him. It was nice to the swingman attack the hoop and draw fouls.

Noah even put in his two cents and Gordon and Hinrich were perfect off the bunch. The only thing that can screw this one up is...Larry Hughes.

http://stillbullishinchicago.blogspot.com/
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#20 Oct 29, 2008
I've said it over and over, the Bulls don't deserve the loyalty their fans continue to give them, and in fact, it amazes me that they still go over there and fill that place up. We'll see if the team continues to hustle and give it their all, giving the fans their money's worth. If they do, i think we'll see more wins, which in turn sort of takes Reinsdorf and Paxson off the hook a little.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Bucks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Matthew Dellavedova trick shot? We got that. Fri SOO 2
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Jul '16 Browns Fan 33
News Antetokounmpo suspended for 1 game (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News 2014 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Julius Randle Could ... (May '14) May '14 brz 1
News San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
News Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 (May '14) May '14 Celia 2
News Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Hsully 1
More from around the web