Heat, Wade at another loss for offense

Heat, Wade at another loss for offense

There are 36 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 15, 2008, titled Heat, Wade at another loss for offense. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

And it gets worse. The best-in-the-West Los Angeles Lakers are up next. Playing some of its worst ball of the season at the start, and evoking eerie reminders along the way of last season's 15-67 finish, the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Dec 15, 2008
a team with one player will never make it , they need 2 to three more good players , will have to wait to the end of the season to get rid of marion , and maybe then make a move , till then it is showing up to get paid..
john

Collierville, TN

#2 Dec 15, 2008
wade needs to attack the rim---stop messing around and take charge from the beginning. he is not a jump shooter. do what one does best. get to the rim. get to the line. attack first then pass as opposed to looking to just pass to far less skilled players. the gm should make the necessary trade of marion. he has no place with that team. stop wasting beasly---he is the second most talented/skilled on the team. micheal jordon wade: would not be trying to pass to scrubs just to keep them happy. teams win with their best being winners/leaders.
Junior

Hollywood, FL

#3 Dec 16, 2008
I truly believe wade is going through some personal problem. He is not explosive as it used to be.I kind of regret that the Heat did not select O.J Mayo instead of Beasley. I dont like beasley shot selection.Sad thing about it, noone in the Heat pick up the slack when Wade down except Chalmers. the heat need some that create his on shot beside Wade. When Wade double , tripple wade someone has to make the shot. I am frustrated
Gayturd Hater

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#4 Dec 16, 2008
What they're asking Wade to do is inhuman. He will be physically broken by Jan 15th. This team should be disbanded. They are a disgrace to the NBA. And Riles should be fired.
juanp

Miami, FL

#5 Dec 16, 2008
if lucky this team wins 25-30. beasley would have been a nice 7th or 8th pick. never be a star.
Heatastic

New York, NY

#6 Dec 16, 2008
Mojo lost. DWade gas gauge already on empty. Supporting cast limits magnified. Spo needs new vision. WTF? All in one week!!!

Riley can't expect this to improve - can he? He should've moved Marion a long time ago. He held his cards way too long waiting for something crazy to happen.
Mxlplk

Miami, FL

#7 Dec 16, 2008
All Riley and Arison care about is not paying the luxury tax. Do not care about winning. The Bucks and Memphis are two of the worst teams in the league and they humiliated the Heat.
mydrick taylor

Hollywood, FL

#8 Dec 16, 2008
were one game over .500 and it gets no easier as we host the lakers on thursday i just hope d-wade can get it together against this very very good l.a. lakers team
Yeah

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Who cares???
More stories about the Gators please...
Such as why Tim Tebow finished 3rd in the Heisman race when he had the most 1st place votes....

GO GATORS!

Heat and Wade is pathetic...
alex

Hobe Sound, FL

#10 Dec 16, 2008
"It's going to be very, very challenging," Wade said. "It's going to be a great challenge to come off a three-game losing streak and play the best team in the NBA right now."

Yes. Challenging from 12-9(.571%)to
12-13 (.480%). Very challenging....
At list they will improve last year 15-67. Just 4 more wins.
Heatastic

New York, NY

#11 Dec 16, 2008
On second thought - Riley has held his cards too long because he may be afraid of another screw-up. The Heat are still currently on the hook to pay Smush Parker this season for 1.66 mill. His most recent deals involving Blount and Banks make McKale and Kerr even look like geniuses. His complete oversight in thinking the Heat can go a full season without a legit, experienced center is a joke. So other than dumping Shaq and making a couple sweet draft choices - his hesitancy may indicate some fear or unrealistic hope.
Heatup

United States

#12 Dec 16, 2008
Screw everyone on this forum...the heat are going through a rough stretch and the haters come out of the woodworks...nowhere to be found when we were on a 4 game winning streak...If we keep losing, then start beasley and develop him, he's only 19..chalmers is progressing and if cook can get more consistant we have a solid core..no matter what, GO WADE!!GO COACH SPO!!GO HEAT!!!
Bullshark

Hialeah, FL

#13 Dec 16, 2008
A quality big man under the boards will make everyone else better. Anthony and Magliore are nice backups, but not starters. Beasley will benefit the most with a board monster at his side. Be patient. Riley will find the missing piece.
Not again

Miami, FL

#14 Dec 16, 2008
At this rate we may not exceed 15 wins again. At least we could get another lottery pick, so if wade bails we can still have a solid core.
Heatastic

New York, NY

#15 Dec 16, 2008
Rumour on the missing piece - Marion to Cleveland for Varejao and Wally S. Not sure on the fit for Heat. Varejao is 6-11 / 260lbs. Wally is an older Kapono clone - all shot ,no D. The structure of their contracts probably make the most sense.
Mid B-Ball IQ

Kansas City, MO

#16 Dec 16, 2008
"Rumour on the missing piece - Marion to Cleveland for Varejao and Wally S. Not sure on the fit for Heat. Varejao is 6-11 / 260lbs. Wally is an older Kapono clone - all shot ,no D. The structure of their contracts probably make the most sense."

Several folks on this board are obviously not looking at the Box Scores. Marion had 15. The 2 jokers we call centers only had 2 points each. Beasley had 13 of the bench. Start him and get a real center. 6'8" is not a real center. At least opponents would have to collapse on a real center and open our shooters to find their stroke. I said it before and I will say it again!
Chalmers
Wade
Beasley
Marion
Any 6'11" - 7 footer
Thats how we can get above .500 for the season. You wont have to pay Padgett alot to play. I am sure if we even seriously thought about getting Scar-Berry, we could fit enough dollars into the cap for David Padgett. I dont even like him as a person, but he is more than we have in the middle now. The problem is not Marion. Its our lack of size in the paint. Look at the box scores BEFORE you post
Heatastic

New York, NY

#17 Dec 16, 2008
To Mid-Brain B-Ball - the personnel names you dropped will never be in a Heat uniform - period. In fact - neither one has even appeared in a NBA box score this season. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.
Mid B-Ball IQ

Kansas City, MO

#18 Dec 16, 2008
Heat-spastic. Read the content. Chalmers, Wade, Marion, Beasley have been in the box scores! Check it! http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore... The comments on Star-Ferry and Padgett are intermingled because several of the folks on the board think Marbury is the answer (Not Iverson), and were willing to bet the bank on getting him in a Heat uniform. I like this team and the direction its going. Young squad, young coach, and an opportunity to build a winner before Wade runs out of time. Heatastic? More like "Eat-Plastic"
eger

San Antonio, TX

#19 Dec 16, 2008
You guys are talking out of your rear ends, Wade had one bad game and he's breking down? Do you realize he is having a career year? This was not a year we expected to compete and the current record is actually decent for what we are working with here?
eger

San Antonio, TX

#20 Dec 16, 2008
Heatastic wrote:
Rumour on the missing piece - Marion to Cleveland for Varejao and Wally S. Not sure on the fit for Heat. Varejao is 6-11 / 260lbs. Wally is an older Kapono clone - all shot ,no D. The structure of their contracts probably make the most sense.
Varejao is a good stop gap for the year @ Center, he comes off the books next year and if he performs well he could resign with Miami. Poor Wally gets bounced around every year it seems and never sticks around on a good team. He used to be real good. He would definately be a 3pt threat and his salary comes off the books next year as well. Miami would lose Marion's defensive capability and replace it with rebounds and FG% if this trade comes through which it looks like it will. It's been to quiet lately.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Milwaukee Bucks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Antetokounmpo suspended for 1 game (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
News 2014 NBA Draft: Kentucky's Julius Randle Could ... (May '14) May '14 brz 1
News San Antonio Spurs Have Driven Dallas Mavericks ... (May '14) May '14 Tim 5
News Spurs 109, Mavericks 103 (May '14) May '14 Celia 2
News Monta Ellis of Dallas Mavericks Better Overall ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Hsully 1
News NBA Rumors: Latest Buzz on Pau Gasol, Anderson ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 waterfuckbelly 5
News Indiana Pacers hold off Golden State Warriors 1... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Ginobili 1
More from around the web