NBA Finals: LeBron at his best? Can KD be stopped?

Jun 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WTHR-TV Indianapolis

Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney's first traditional campaign trip of the general election, a six-state trek by bus, is aimed at swaying undecided voters living outside America's big cities.

Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2012
Rich

Campton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Sure KD can be stopped. Its easy when you get away with fouling him twice on the same play and no whistle.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Rich wrote:
Sure KD can be stopped. Its easy when you get away with fouling him twice on the same play and no whistle.
Truth. I'm a Laker fan 1st but I live in Oklahoma and I've already got a soft spot for the Thunder even though they owned my Lakers but KD was fouled and if it was anyone else besides Wade or LBJ that did it, it would've been called. That's the NBA though...

LBJ at his best would be unstoppable if not for fading in the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter in almost every game. If he figures that part out and gets mentally tougher he will be a juggernaut.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

I watched that play over and over agin ,it was no foul. The refs made the right call.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
I watched that play over and over agin ,it was no foul. The refs made the right call.
Ok. One of the best NBA referees of all time(Steve Javie)says different: Yes, LeBron James fouled Kevin Durant with 11 seconds left along the baseline. Multiple times. If you watched Sportscenter afterwards, former official Steve Javie broke down the play perfectly---the ref on the play took an angle to where he didn’t see LeBron’s arms lock with Durant’s, hence why it looked like no foul to him, and in real time to us, before seeing the replay. So yes, technically speaking, the Durantula should have been on the line with a chance to tie the game.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

I don't see it that way. Yes LJ did touch him but was not enough to be called a foul. Steve Javie is not a good ref or else he will be reffing the finals.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
I don't see it that way. Yes LJ did touch him but was not enough to be called a foul. Steve Javie is not a good ref or else he will be reffing the finals.
It's a foul by the letter of the NBA law and Steve Javie is retired and YES he was one of THE BEST NBA officials ever to ref a game. He ref'd the Finals for the last 17 years straight! Know your stuff before you assume. Here's some facts for you:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Javie - Steve Javie (born January 17, 1955) is a retired American professional basketball referee who refereed in the National Basketball Association (NBA) from the 1986–87 NBA season[1] to the 2010–11 season. As of the beginning of the 2006–07 NBA season, Javie has officiated 1,264 regular season, 190 playoff, and 18 NBA Finals games.[1] He has officiated the NBA championship series every year since the 1995 NBA Finals.

I think Javie knows a foul better than a dude who's never played in the NBA posing as Ginobili. ;)
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

I coached college basketball for many years, that was no foul and I am glad the refs did not call a foul. KD was just flopping. the refs agreed with me. I also played five years in the NBA.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
I coached college basketball for many years, that was no foul and I am glad the refs did not call a foul. KD was just flopping. the refs agreed with me. I also played five years in the NBA.
First, coaches can never be trusted to tell the truth about a call. If it's one of their guys doing the fouling and they got away with it in the game, during post game comments they say "I didn't see it" so they wont comment or elaborate further and then if it's your guy getting fouled it doesn't matter if he was breathed on the coach is screaming bloody murder.

Second, Durant didn't flop. He took the contact twice in as many seconds and still tried to put up the shot.

Lastly, if you get to be a former NBA player and a former D-I, II or III(If so, prove it because you claimed it)coach I'm David F'n Stern and I paid those refs not to make that call so I could come to the Topix forums of all places and argue with nobodys that never were about the LBJ/KD game 2 no call and say I was right.

I've heard some far out stuff on these forums before but never a claim as wild as this.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••