lakers fans
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61982 Apr 1, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Trust me Show, I have sucked it up a long time ago especially since im living down here lol. I had no choice and I gave them credit for winning the title last year and this recent streak. Im a sports fan just like you and like we all said things are different. If the Heat dominate like the Bulls did then I would say oh they were one of the best teams of all time. One title is good, but we all know winning title after title after title is mental grind.
Well see thats where people get it wrong in my opinion, your expecting the heat to do what the bulls did, like sammy says its difficult to compare different eras, but you cant expect one great team to duplicate what another great team did in another era, otherwise we be calling the boston celtics of the 60s the greatest team winning 8 championships. People expect kobe to duplicate what Jordan did, its not fair, we dont know the difficulties that Jordan faced compared to kobe, people overlook opponents and just see championships, I think thats where the comparisons really get trashed. There is a Jordan homerism going on, people try to justify it, but if we went by the stats, then the celtics would have the best team, and wilt would be the greatest period.
Sam

Waterloo, Canada

#61983 Apr 1, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well see thats where people get it wrong in my opinion, your expecting the heat to do what the bulls did, like sammy says its difficult to compare different eras, but you cant expect one great team to duplicate what another great team did in another era, otherwise we be calling the boston celtics of the 60s the greatest team winning 8 championships. People expect kobe to duplicate what Jordan did, its not fair, we dont know the difficulties that Jordan faced compared to kobe, people overlook opponents and just see championships, I think thats where the comparisons really get trashed. There is a Jordan homerism going on, people try to justify it, but if we went by the stats, then the celtics would have the best team, and wilt would be the greatest period.
Yea. Dell, I can't knock Show on this one. Well said. Let's say they were good in their time. Cause we all know a guy like Bob Cousy as good as he was would get his arse kicked today.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61984 Apr 1, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
Mamba, try to stay out of trouble for a while, ok? I told Topix, if "Mamba needs me, shine the sign into the sky, and I will come." lol
I will be back, but this is crunch time in my biz.
LUV you guys .......
Take care bewitched :)...Hurry back
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61985 Apr 1, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Yea. Dell, I can't knock Show on this one. Well said. Let's say they were good in their time. Cause we all know a guy like Bob Cousy as good as he was would get his arse kicked today.
Jerry west would get his butt kicked, he would have have to be a bit of scrub, I hate to say it. Not sure about Dr. Jay , Jordan can play any era any time, I think wilt can hang with todays centers but doubt he would put up crazy numbers, I think howard is probably more or less what wilt would do today.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61986 Apr 2, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg they are headed to another reboot with another series already? It's really a shame because we both are huge X Men fans and we know the characters especially villians they could have brought out eventually. We could have had.Apocalypse and Omega Red. Hell Mr. Sinister was cool and even Suron was awesomely too. I completely agree with you on how they messed up big time.
Bradley Cooper as the Flash? I don't know if that's going to work because like we both said these actors are not taking the role seriously . In my opinion, the.guys who play Captain America and Thor are not bad at all. Edward Norton as the Hulk is just ok I guess, like you pointed out Magneto and other characters were just not a fit for the actor. Robert Downey Jr set the bar really high with his transformation of a class c super hero to a class a super hero. I don't see it changing no time soon, but maybe they are looking in the wrong places for these actors.
Well, if you really think about it X-men first class can only go so far, cause thanks to the other 3 x-men movies it has no real future.
You can't never add wolverine to it, or deal with any big characters since they decided to use an none real first class crew
Havok and mystic were never an x-men, iceman, cyclops, beast,jean gray and Angel were you original first class, they should had stuck with that crew, cause now all their time lines are screw if you look at their movies and they just keeping making a big mess out everything.

For any other X-men franchise can't work unless they can jump over the other 3 x-men, erased them like they never happened with complete reboot or undo the mess last stand created, other wise it has no real future.

Suron is interesting character but really hard to pull off in a film, a lot CGI is needed just like the lizard from spider man, not to mention his weird as story line.

OMG! Apocalypse saga, it's the villain to do, I have been waiting for it, but you need cyclops, jean gray for that and they are dead!, that saga could introduce CABLE!, but you need jean gray and cyclops for him to be born, but they are dead.
Bishop that could be another character, the rock would be my favorite actor to play him and he could be the one character that could be bring all the dead x-men back to life.

Mr.Sinister is vital for the Apocalypse saga, but you need jean gray and cyclops, cause those are his main goal and targets other than Havok for his master Apocalypse, but they are dead!

They need to stop killing character and villains in super hero movies, cause some characters and villains connect to other stories in the Marvel universe and M.U. has great prison, like the Cube, the vault, the big house and Raft, they should use them.

I have the same opinion as you about Bradley Cooper, but to be honest with you I can't think of any actor for the role of the Flash.
Sam

Waterloo, Canada

#61987 Apr 2, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Jerry west would get his butt kicked, he would have have to be a bit of scrub, I hate to say it. Not sure about Dr. Jay , Jordan can play any era any time, I think wilt can hang with todays centers but doubt he would put up crazy numbers, I think howard is probably more or less what wilt would do today.
Dr J. Maybe not. The Doc wasn't overly agressive, he was more an artist type player.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocala, FL

#61988 Apr 2, 2013
ex laker here...

Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, Atlanta TV WSB-TV tweeted. Crittenton was charged with murder in August of 2011 of a 22-year old woman in Atlanta and was released on bond in September of that year. USA Today Sports
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#r3Do0RHR033mw...
Sam

Waterloo, Canada

#61989 Apr 2, 2013
Do I smell Stern in this equation? Why is it ok for the Heat to sit down 3 major guys claiming to be injured and Spurs did the same some time back and fined heavily???? What a farce. This league is a joke.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61990 Apr 2, 2013
Sam wrote:
Do I smell Stern in this equation? Why is it ok for the Heat to sit down 3 major guys claiming to be injured and Spurs did the same some time back and fined heavily???? What a farce. This league is a joke.
Who did the heat sit out? And I wouldn't be surprised, I personally think stern has no business sticking his nose into what pops or any other team does with their team, I remember he fined kobe for not playing in the allstar game.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#61991 Apr 2, 2013
Man, I actually shed a tear or two when the entire Staples Center chanted "we want Phil"...
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61992 Apr 2, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
Man, I actually shed a tear or two when the entire Staples Center chanted "we want Phil"...
Yeah the ceremony was short and sweet, it had a little of everything, I thought at least kobe should have been out there, it was weird shaq made no mention of kobe , but I am sure that wasn't on purpose.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61993 Apr 3, 2013
Sam wrote:
No team should be allowed to any players for whatever reason, the heat you be fined just like the spurs were.

People pay to see the fing players, if they want to sit the players ok fine, but then refund the money to all the fans that came to see them and didn't get to.

I mean if I paid $300 to see them play and they decided to sit fine just give me my $300 back and we are all good.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#61994 Apr 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah the ceremony was short and sweet, it had a little of everything, I thought at least kobe should have been out there, it was weird shaq made no mention of kobe , but I am sure that wasn't on purpose.
Me too Show, I understand the game vs. the Mavs was a "must win" and Kobe felt he should be with the team in the locker room but Kobe owes a ton to Shaq and while the video was nice like you said, Kobe should have been out there.

I thought Kobe and Shaq made up? Maybe not...

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#61995 Apr 3, 2013
Sam wrote:
I know Sammy, how can't Stern be in the equation? That's why I said before that the road for LBJ was paved for him. People can take it how they want.
Black Mamba

United States

#61996 Apr 3, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
Mamba, try to stay out of trouble for a while, ok? I told Topix, if "Mamba needs me, shine the sign into the sky, and I will come." lol
I will be back, but this is crunch time in my biz.
LUV you guys .......
Lol I will be sure to do that because you know we need your Magic in certain situations. Be safe young lady.
Black Mamba

United States

#61997 Apr 3, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Yea. Dell, I can't knock Show on this one. Well said. Let's say they were good in their time. Cause we all know a guy like Bob Cousy as good as he was would get his arse kicked today.
Yeah Show brought up a great point and you know we always like debating with each other. Everyone on this board, except the trolls lol, has great sports knowledge.
Black Mamba

United States

#61999 Apr 3, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you really think about it X-men first class can only go so far, cause thanks to the other 3 x-men movies it has no real future.
You can't never add wolverine to it, or deal with any big characters since they decided to use an none real first class crew
Havok and mystic were never an x-men, iceman, cyclops, beast,jean gray and Angel were you original first class, they should had stuck with that crew, cause now all their time lines are screw if you look at their movies and they just keeping making a big mess out everything.
For any other X-men franchise can't work unless they can jump over the other 3 x-men, erased them like they never happened with complete reboot or undo the mess last stand created, other wise it has no real future.
Suron is interesting character but really hard to pull off in a film, a lot CGI is needed just like the lizard from spider man, not to mention his weird as story line.
OMG! Apocalypse saga, it's the villain to do, I have been waiting for it, but you need cyclops, jean gray for that and they are dead!, that saga could introduce CABLE!, but you need jean gray and cyclops for him to be born, but they are dead.
Bishop that could be another character, the rock would be my favorite actor to play him and he could be the one character that could be bring all the dead x-men back to life.
Mr.Sinister is vital for the Apocalypse saga, but you need jean gray and cyclops, cause those are his main goal and targets other than Havok for his master Apocalypse, but they are dead!
They need to stop killing character and villains in super hero movies, cause some characters and villains connect to other stories in the Marvel universe and M.U. has great prison, like the Cube, the vault, the big house and Raft, they should use them.
I have the same opinion as you about Bradley Cooper, but to be honest with you I can't think of any actor for the role of the Flash.
Lol side im getting even more sadder because you are dead on with you post and we won't be able to have the great characters like we should have. Movies are not what they once were back then.

Apocalypse on the big screen would have been one of the best scenes of skyline because he already looked cool on the cartoon and comic book. You are right about Suron because who knows what they would have made him look like especially with all this special effects making him look like God knows what lol. Cable was a very underrated character and I also can see the Rock playing home.. He has the size and look. It was a shame that they had a old looking man playing Magneto lol.
Black Mamba

United States

#62000 Apr 3, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too Show, I understand the game vs. the Mavs was a "must win" and Kobe felt he should be with the team in the locker room but Kobe owes a ton to Shaq and while the video was nice like you said, Kobe should have been out there.
Im sure him and Kobe spoke to each other before or maybe after the game. I guess they made up and they stopped taking jabs at each other especially after Kobe said I GOT ONE MORE THAN SHAQ. Lol.
Black Mamba

United States

#62001 Apr 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well see thats where people get it wrong in my opinion, your expecting the heat to do what the bulls did, like sammy says its difficult to compare different eras, but you cant expect one great team to duplicate what another great team did in another era, otherwise we be calling the boston celtics of the 60s the greatest team winning 8 championships. People expect Kobe to duplicate what Jordan did, its not fair, we dont know the difficulties that Jordan faced compared to kobe, people overlook opponents and just see championships, I think thats where the comparisons really get trashed. There is a Jordan homerism going on, people try to justify it, but if we went by the stats, then the celtics would have the best team, and wilt would be the greatest period.
Good points Show and I see where you are coming from. We will say that both teams are good and in the long run we will see how great the Heat are. Lakers won last night and it was good to see Phil, Jerry West and Shaq. I feel good for Shaq and he is one of the best Lakers of all time. Maybe 4th best Lakers behind Magic, Kareem, and Kobe.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#62006 Apr 3, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well after the game Kobe did say he wishes he could have been out there, so who knows perhaps half time was not the best time to do the ceremony, should have been before the game like it normally is. Maybe TNT coverage had something to do with that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Dec 30 Samuel 2,117
Can't take Stu Lantz's comments (Dec '08) Dec '16 Sam 4
The Sports Lounge (Nov '11) Oct '16 Sam 1,328
May you help me in this survey? Thank you (Jul '14) Sep '16 sam 2
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Sep '16 sam 12,080
Transfer Everything from iPhone to Samsung Gala... Aug '16 MagloireHunt 1
News Lakers: Should LA Pursue Dwight Howard in Free ... (Apr '16) Aug '16 Sam 4
More from around the web