“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60969 Feb 20, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol I have been saying for years it must be torture to be a Clippers fans. Now they said the Clippers management is waiting on Chris Paul to tell them to go after Garnett? I must be missing something because I thought the management were the ones that made the deals lol. Also you know you are a sorry franchise when B list movie stars like Billy Crystal come to your games lol.
Rumor is it the Garnet doesn't want to wave his no trade clause, so it appears like Garnet is not going anywhere.

I can't blame garnet regardless of being the clippers, player of his caliber don't want to be a travel man at any age in their career, most hall of famers I would say like to play for one team their whole career may be two.
if they travel they would like to be the one choose where he goes not be pass around.

what do you think?
Black Mamba

United States

#60970 Feb 21, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha sorry to bring down you hopes, not what I was trying to do...lol
It's just that this generation players are a different, you know.
I think they will make the playoffs, I don't think it will be cause they will have some extra inspiration from Dr. Buss dead, although the media will market it that way.
I think they have enough leadership/talent to get this team going they just need to get going and keep working on their team defense.
I agree with you about having enough talent/leadership to make the playoffs. Seems like the Rockets don't want to lose, but maybe they can get up to that seventh seed. Kobe says this team is going to make the playoffs and when they get there have no fear of anyone. We shall see what happens. Also did you hear someone say that Howard will have a statue outside the Lakers stadium one day? Lol I wonder will that statue have him wearing,a superman cape with that big smile.
Black Mamba

United States

#60971 Feb 21, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumor is it the Garnet doesn't want to wave his no trade clause, so it appears like Garnet is not going anywhere.
I can't blame garnet regardless of being the clippers, player of his caliber don't want to be a travel man at any age in their career, most hall of famers I would say like to play for one tel8am their whole career may be two.
if they travel they would like to be the one choose where he goes not be pass around.
what do you think?
I don't blame Garnet at all because I think he wants to finish his career as a Celtic. Also like you said the traveling at his sheage and why would the Clippers give up their backup pg, who has been playing well in the absents of Paul. No big trades happen today and I can't remember a year where there was no big trade before the deadline.
Black Mamba

United States

#60972 Feb 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LOL exactly right about billy, no one cares about billy.... cippers should move out of LA but their owner loves LA he doesn't want to move, he doesn't care about the team very much. The clips don't have many true fans, maybe like 30 percent real fans, and the rest made up of band wagoners and laker haters. I am not just saying that out of my ass I can see even when the lakers today go into a "clippers home game" you hear loud cheers for the lakers, even till today! thats pathetic .
Lol pathetic is right and also they are having one of their best seasons ever and they are still getting no headlines. Their owner seems to love being made fun of year after year. They have been cursed and that will always stay with them in some shape or form. Im sorry but I know the Lakers fans have to laugh at Clippers fans who try to make fun of the Lakers lol. They are really in denial to think they have a say so in LA let alone sports.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60973 Feb 21, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol pathetic is right and also they are having one of their best seasons ever and they are still getting no headlines. Their owner seems to love being made fun of year after year. They have been cursed and that will always stay with them in some shape or form. Im sorry but I know the Lakers fans have to laugh at Clippers fans who try to make fun of the Lakers lol. They are really in denial to think they have a say so in LA let alone sports.
The thing who is a real clippers fan, actually I think the clippers fans the real ones are quietly enjoying it, the band wagon fans are pumping their chest out just like these so called heat fans are.
sammy

Acton, Canada

#60974 Feb 21, 2013
Well the italion stallion is saved. Bargs with us till seasons end. We end up with Telfair. Big deal!!!!!
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60975 Feb 21, 2013
sammy wrote:
Well the italion stallion is saved. Bargs with us till seasons end. We end up with Telfair. Big deal!!!!!
The NBA trade deadline was so lame this year.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60976 Feb 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The thing who is a real clippers fan, actually I think the clippers fans the real ones are quietly enjoying it, the band wagon fans are pumping their chest out just like these so called heat fans are.
You sound like you have given up! Don't let those band wagon8682 fans pump their chests out further than yours! LOL
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60977 Feb 21, 2013
Sammy I saw you on another thread, this laker fan was saying something about stern blocking paul , I had to chuckle when you said we got steve nash, come on man 39 year old steven nash compared to chris paul, lets not get silly here lol...are you that high on nash or you just wanted to bug that guy lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60978 Feb 21, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound like you have given up! Don't let those band wagon8682 fans pump their chests out further than yours! LOL
Well actually the Clipper fans aren't bugging me too much, I live In LA but still don't bump into clipper fans too often lol, if anything I am beginning to feel bad for them, its there time to shine and the lakers are stealing all of the headlines.

Akron, Ohio

#60979 Feb 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well actually the Clipper fans aren't bugging me too much, I live In LA but still don't bump into clipper fans too often lol, if anything I am beginning to feel bad for them, its there time to shine and the lakers are stealing all of the headlines.
Relax ... I see the Lakers creeping up on the Jazz! I know what they're up to. lol

Hey, let the Clips give it their best shot to represent, and just appreciate if they advance.

I know it's not the same. NOTHING is ever the same ... haven't you noticed?
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60980 Feb 21, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Relax ... I see the Lakers creeping up on the Jazz! I know what they're up to. lol
Hey, let the Clips give it their best shot to represent, and just appreciate if they advance.
Well being a lakers fan you always get the sense they will be fine, if not this year then next year, its how spoiled we are.....Yeah clippers looking really good, its there time to make a run. I keep saying it, the cavs are also up to something, they will be the next new good young team, they need some pieces for kyrie, damn even won the 3 point contest, I have a manly crush on that kid, he has some future ahead of him.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#60981 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The NBA trade deadline was so lame this year.
Ugh, extremely anticlimactic. I think the C's got a steal with Jordan Crawford. Trading away an injured and aging barbosa plus Jason Collins who hardly plays. Did the Lakers make any moves?

And good win against us on Wednesday. We both blew each other out at home. Both in similar situations. I really don't know what we will do moving forward.
Black Mamba

United States

#60982 Feb 22, 2013
sammy wrote:
Lol Sam you know this was the trade of the decade. Also I will be making my picks tonight so get ready.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60983 Feb 22, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, extremely anticlimactic. I think the C's got a steal with Jordan Crawford. Trading away an injured and aging barbosa plus Jason Collins who hardly plays. Did the Lakers make any moves?
And good win against us on Wednesday. We both blew each other out at home. Both in similar situations. I really don't know what we will do moving forward.
Hey hi whats up...Nope lakers did not do anything, we didn't expect anything to be done, Mitch clearly likes howard and wants to make him the franchise player moving forward, pau was the logical guy that would move but he is hurt and has been very unimpressive this year so we would have to practically give him away, and well we really don't have too many pieces that people would want at this moment. I think we both are gonna have to suck it up this year and give up to the better teams in the NBA, but after this season, the celtics if they intend on keeping pierce and KG, they will have to keep building around them until they retire. you guys probably could use a center to help KG out a bit more, and possibly deal rondo for either another star at the same or different position, or deal him for pieces to help bring a championship for the short term. Ever since you guys lost perkins you guys haven't been as great, I think your identity is clearly defensive.
Black Mamba

United States

#60984 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The thing who is a real clippers fan, actually I think the clippers fans the real ones are quietly enjoying it, the band wagon fans are pumping their chest out just like these so called heat fans are.
These Heat band wagon fans are the worst of all time. Their REAL fans are only 20% because that's all showed up when Wade was playing by himself all those years carrying them to the playoffs. The worst is that they came up with this excuse saying there is to much to do down here in Miami, we can't afford to go to the games etc When Lebron came down they all of a sudden can afford tickets triple the price and now there are saying I have been a Heat fan for years. I know more about the Heat than most of their pitiful, sorry and lame excuse for fans. Real fans show up to game a no matter what. Just my opinion.
Black Mamba

United States

#60985 Feb 22, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Im still waiting on him to come out as Uncle Drew in one of these games by mistake lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60986 Feb 22, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes isn't it amazing the team the lakers would face after Jerry buss's death would be the celtics, it was fitting , I still say the lakers and celtics are the best rivalry in sports. Yankees and red sox is so lobsided its not funny, lakers and celtics have met so many times in the finals! and not only that but the difference in championship wins is only 1, I don't see a better historic rivalry out there. I know sox fans hate the yankees more for the most part, but that doesn't mean that rivalry is better than lakers celtics.

Akron, Ohio

#60987 Feb 22, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Im still waiting on him to come out as Uncle Drew in one of these games by mistake lol.
He should have entered the Slam Dunk contest as Uncle Drew coming out of the stands as if he were a spectator. lol

Akron, Ohio

#60988 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well being a lakers fan you always get the sense they will be fine, if not this year then next year, its how spoiled we are.....Yeah clippers looking really good, its there time to make a run. I keep saying it, the cavs are also up to something, they will be the next new good young team, they need some pieces for kyrie, damn even won the 3 point contest, I have a manly crush on that kid, he has some future ahead of him.
Kyrie scored 20 points in the 4th quarter to get us the win Wed night against Hornets. That kid was all over the place. I don't think the fans sat down. He was doing it all. Ya would have thought he would have been tired after the weekend festivities. A 20 year old with extreme talent is really something to watch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nick Young likely to miss rest of season for La... 2 hr tom wingo 4
News NBA: Derrick Rose lifts Bulls past Cavs 13 hr tom wingo 2
News Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents (Oct '14) Mar '15 stewart scott 29
News Jeremy Lin on demotion Mar '15 mike tirico 13
News Celtics-Lakers rivalry goes back to Lenox, 1960 (Jun '08) Mar '15 John bodnar 8
News The stunt happened during halftime of a game be... Jan '15 Christaliban 1
News Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant: 'I'd want to play ... Jan '15 Sam 2
More from around the web