Black Mamba

United States

#60748 Feb 15, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> They have thrown Jordan in my face so much I cant stand the guy anymore, especially Jordan fans, they have overrated this man terribly its not even fair to Jordan. He was worse than lebron and kobe as a person, but they never touched it, they vilified kobe and lebron, ever since I was like a kid they been shoving Jordan down my throat brain washing me into believing I want to be like mike, and that hes the greatest, luckily I never really fell for it.
You bring up a great point about them not touching on Jordan as a person. As fans we only focus on the basketball aspect of an athlete, but that focus has been lost over the past 10 years I believe when the new version of fans are starting to focus on a players personal life instead of what he does in sports. Sure we would have liked them to focus on Jordan as a while since he was the so called goat, but they tried their best to keep his image clean. When it came to Kobe withwith the rape, him getting Shaq thrown out of LA the media was all over him and he is still hated after all these years. I know Jordan didn't ask for them to over hype him, but that's the sports world for you.
Black Mamba

United States

#60749 Feb 15, 2013
sam wrote:
Sorry guys, I try to be as respectful as I can regarding you're team .I have to say that will go down as one of the worse Lakers game I have witnessed. Clearly this team either has given up or just not in the game. Not sure what this team meeting was all about but it couldn't have been that ecouraging. Just my observation. Too many negatives to even mention regarding the lacklustre performance
You are right and this is what happens when you have injuries all year long, bad coaching, no bench production and a little bit of age thrown all together. I still feel they can make the playoffs, but it will be a early exit.
Black Mamba

United States

#60750 Feb 15, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Completely agree, I wish him well too.
Good thing that he has enjoy long successful so far,I always expected him to go OD or heart failure from doing one of those
20 something hot young woman.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/report-jerry-bus...
This could be the end of a kingdom, but for sure the end of era/dynasty.
Once the king is gone, I expect all his heirs to fight for the franchise.
If Dr. Buss doesn't leave instructions for his kids, I give the Lakers 10 under the Buss family.
It was either the 20 hot women like you said or this sorry excuse for a NBA team that put him there. I will be praying for him because he has meant a lot to this franchise. As for this Lakers team, first Howard shouldn't even play in the all star game and get extra rest for his shoulder. Maybe in the 2nd half of the season.they can get a little better, but it won't be a drastic turnaround. Mike D, well then name speaks for itself lol.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60751 Feb 15, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no doubt they are trying to reach his boiling point for a good story, so they can say well see thats howard showing his true colors, but does he have to talk to the media? I know stern wants their stars to talk to the media, now sure if he demands it after every game, these guys talk way too much which feeds the media stories to twist the truth a bit.
I believe they have to talk to the media.

I know KB has been fined twice for refusing to talk to media, but I'm sure he can say he has no comment about whatever they ask.

If I'm right they have to make them selves available for media, doesn't say anything about them having to have an opinion to every question.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60752 Feb 15, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You bring up a great point about them not touching on Jordan as a person. As fans we only focus on the basketball aspect of an athlete, but that focus has been lost over the past 10 years I believe when the new version of fans are starting to focus on a players personal life instead of what he does in sports. Sure we would have liked them to focus on Jordan as a while since he was the so called goat, but they tried their best to keep his image clean. When it came to Kobe withwith the rape, him getting Shaq thrown out of LA the media was all over him and he is still hated after all these years. I know Jordan didn't ask for them to over hype him, but that's the sports world for you.
The only version that exist now of Jordan his commercial persona which is always the cool guy and the space jam persona, SUPER Basketball player.

My nephews you ask them who is m. jordan and they will answer you space jam guy.

No one wants to destroyed the image, despite of him being piece of crap person.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60753 Feb 15, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You are right and this is what happens when you have injuries all year long, bad coaching, no bench production and a little bit of age thrown all together. I still feel they can make the playoffs, but it will be a early exit.
You know what hit me the other day, that Lakers may not have to catch up Houston to make the playoffs.

This is going to sound crazy/stupid but hear me out.

The Warrior/Utah may be the Lakers tickets to get in the post season.

Houston is play some inspiring basketball right now, but Utah and Golden State are not.

These two teams may play themselves out of the post season, Lakers still need to do their part, but the Jazz and Warrior keep up their dismal play Lakers may get in without having to catch up with Houston.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60754 Feb 15, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> It was either the 20 hot women like you said or this sorry excuse for a NBA team that put him there. I will be praying for him because he has meant a lot to this franchise. As for this Lakers team, first Howard shouldn't even play in the all star game and get extra rest for his shoulder. Maybe in the 2nd half of the season.they can get a little better, but it won't be a drastic turnaround. Mike D, well then name speaks for itself lol.
Howard is not allowed to miss the All star game unless he missed the game before the all star weekend and he played the clippers, so there is your answer, other wise there is suspension with a fine.

Mike looks so happy the other day for beating the suns, I was really!
Lakers almost lost to them again they are the worse in the west and the Lakers struggled to beat them, and he was super happy about that?
It was clear the Clippers were going to beat the living hell out of the Lakers, you don't struggle to beat the worse in the west and then expect to beat the second best in the west.

The Lakers probably just wanted to go into the all star weekend and get this week over, they didn't care to win just wanted it to be over.
sammy

Acton, Canada

#60755 Feb 15, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You are right and this is what happens when you have injuries all year long, bad coaching, no bench production and a little bit of age thrown all together. I still feel they can make the playoffs, but it will be a early exit.
I think they will make it too
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Winter Garden, FL

#60756 Feb 15, 2013
Showtime wrote:
Ugh God I am so tired of hearing about MIchael jordan, ESPN is doing this whole thing cause he turned 50 , and now they are comparing Lebron and Jordan, I am sorry but Jordan was in the right place at the right time, Leborn is clearly better than kobe or JOrdan on the court, Jordan had the better career but the question is who is the best player, not who won the most championships, lebron is separating himself in a era where everyone can take over a game, everyone is tall and athletic, Lebron is a different beast out there...Let Jordan go , great player in his era , kobe great player in his era, but lets ask the right question, who had the better career if thats what you mean, not who is the better player cause I think its obvious Lebron is a different monster.
what pisses me off about it, is they announced 2 weeks ago that sportscenter was goign to do a 3 day memorial... 2 WEEKS AGO! i keep thinking well this is the weekend, oh crap its next week, oh crap its next week i dont want to watch...quit talkign about it and do it already
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#60757 Feb 15, 2013
I feel good that they will make the playoffs. Look the last 10 games they won eight of them with ppl healthy again. Heck you have KoMe, Peace, Pau,DW12,
Earl Clark,Nash, Meeks et al. That is one heck of a team when healthy, they will win 60% of the rest of the games especially when they have the all star break to recoup.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60758 Feb 15, 2013
The Toronto Raptors were told last week that they can accept the Andrea Bargnani and John Lucas III trade for Carlos Boozer and Nate Robinson from the Chicago Bulls whenever they wanted it, according to league sources.

That deal could take the Bulls below the luxury-tax threshold.

The Bulls would like to avoid paying tax, especially if Derrick Rose is not able to play this season
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60759 Feb 15, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe they have to talk to the media.
I know KB has been fined twice for refusing to talk to media, but I'm sure he can say he has no comment about whatever they ask.
If I'm right they have to make them selves available for media, doesn't say anything about them having to have an opinion to every question.
I know stern demands you talk to the media in the playoffs, and allstar games, not sure about every single game, if he does demand it then he is not taking players mental issues into consideration, stern never does take players mental status into consideration, thats why he calls for quick techs so they cant show emotion, I cant dislike stern more than I already do now.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60760 Feb 15, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime wrote:
<quoted text>
what pisses me off about it, is they announced 2 weeks ago that sportscenter was goign to do a 3 day memorial... 2 WEEKS AGO! i keep thinking well this is the weekend, oh crap its next week, oh crap its next week i dont want to watch...quit talkign about it and do it already
I haven't been watching ESPN very much, big part is to keep away from seeing awful laker highlights . the problem is most of the media is very personal, they all watched and marveled at jordan, some of them grew up with Jordan, not all of them know basketball well enough, they are biased just like regular NBA fans, they are allowed to say what they like, twist things as they like, and I am sure they have their own agendas sometimes, so anytime someone says Jordan wasn't the best they will make a big deal out of it, that has been Jordan all of his career, over exposed, over hyped by the media since day one. I don't like lebron but its not fair to ask lebron to win 6 titles like mike did, championships is a team thing.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60761 Feb 15, 2013
Ginobili wrote:
I feel good that they will make the playoffs. Look the last 10 games they won eight of them with ppl healthy again. Heck you have KoMe, Peace, Pau,DW12,
Earl Clark,Nash, Meeks et al. That is one heck of a team when healthy, they will win 60% of the rest of the games especially when they have the all star break to recoup.
GSW fan that you are, quit already please. You flip flop worse than a pancake.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60762 Feb 15, 2013
This could be your winner Tomorrow. I remember watching Curry a kid before games shooting with his dad DEll when he played here.

http://www.mobli.com/media/show/id/27618832...
sam

Acton, Canada

#60763 Feb 15, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I haven't been watching ESPN very much, big part is to keep away from seeing awful laker highlights . the problem is most of the media is very personal, they all watched and marveled at jordan, some of them grew up with Jordan, not all of them know basketball well enough, they are biased just like regular NBA fans, they are allowed to say what they like, twist things as they like, and I am sure they have their own agendas sometimes, so anytime someone says Jordan wasn't the best they will make a big deal out of it, that has been Jordan all of his career, over exposed, over hyped by the media since day one. I don't like lebron but its not fair to ask lebron to win 6 titles like mike did, championships is a team thing.
Its easy to say though Show. You live in a Lebron /Kobe/Durant era. Perhaps you were too young to really see where Jordan started in mid 80's to where he ended up and how he got there. You also have to understand the league was in big jeopardy and salivating for a savior. Apart from Magic and Larry , MJ was a totally different player. Larry O Brien didn't know squat how to run a league until Stern came in and Stern needed a marketing tool. He got it. So naturally there was spill over in to the 90's and even today. That will never disappear.No different then dead legends like say "Elvis". Another overhyped artist. If anything count your blessings MJ was around apart from just his abilities it helped market the NBA. We probably would have not seen a franchise here.
On the other hand , I don't really see any overkill of him anymore. I think ownership makes it worse for him.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60764 Feb 15, 2013
Call me stuck in time. None of these cats today have even touched what MJ achieved. Iam not just talking Championships. However times have changed I realize that. We can sit here and say the 90's had bad players but let me tell you the 80's were full of talent and tough as crap. Brutal.10-15 yrs from now we may all be hearing overkill and media on Lebron and Kobe but MJ will always be slipped into it.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60765 Feb 15, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Howard is not allowed to miss the All star game unless he missed the game before the all star weekend and he played the clippers, so there is your answer, other wise there is suspension with a fine.
Mike looks so happy the other day for beating the suns, I was really!
Lakers almost lost to them again they are the worse in the west and the Lakers struggled to beat them, and he was super happy about that?
It was clear the Clippers were going to beat the living hell out of the Lakers, you don't struggle to beat the worse in the west and then expect to beat the second best in the west.
The Lakers probably just wanted to go into the all star weekend and get this week over, they didn't care to win just wanted it to be over.
LMAO , don't make excuses for them RR."The Lakers probably just wanted to go into the all star weekend and get this week over, they didn't care to win just wanted it to be over"
Really? Sorry but I actually find that quite humourous. That sounds more like a team who secured a 3rd place in the standings in April. I believe they can make the playoffs but if thats the attitude."fat chance"
sam

Acton, Canada

#60766 Feb 15, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what hit me the other day, that Lakers may not have to catch up Houston to make the playoffs.
This is going to sound crazy/stupid but hear me out.
The Warrior/Utah may be the Lakers tickets to get in the post season.
Houston is play some inspiring basketball right now, but Utah and Golden State are not.
These two teams may play themselves out of the post season, Lakers still need to do their part, but the Jazz and Warrior keep up their dismal play Lakers may get in without having to catch up with Houston.
Interesting analogy. I wonder what Utah and GSW fans would say about the Lakers and the way they been playing?
sam

Acton, Canada

#60767 Feb 15, 2013
Ok Dell predictions for allstar weekend including game and mvp? Careful on Zany player names. BTW there will be no Big Head sightings , hes working his divorce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kayne West booed at Billboard Music Awards 2015... Mon tom wingo 9
News Taylor Swift wins 8 at Billboard Awards; Kanye ... May 21 stewart scott 2
News Nick Young likely to miss rest of season for La... May 15 tom wingo 21
News NBA: Derrick Rose lifts Bulls past Cavs May 5 tom wingo 2
News Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents (Oct '14) Mar '15 stewart scott 29
News Jeremy Lin on demotion Mar '15 mike tirico 13
News Celtics-Lakers rivalry goes back to Lenox, 1960 (Jun '08) Mar '15 John bodnar 8
More from around the web