United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> No not really my thing.I know that's RR's favorite thing. A movie I watched on the weekend which I thought was quite good was flight with Denzel. Man did he play the part well.
Oh I heard about that movie and Denzel most of the time does his thing on the big screen. I will check it out when I get a chance. Damn I was wrong about the Warriors because Rockets just hit three after three.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that one and the Star Trek preview, those two were the best, there was suppose to be a new Superman preview and that never happened.
Omg another Star Trek movie lol. I thought for sure they were going to show the Superman preview because I saw it online a couple of months a ago. Wow they also have another Fast and Ferious. Michelle Rodriguez still looks good lol.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Dwhite12 LASlowtime wrote:
<quoted text>
a better throw and it would have been called, i believe
Maybe but you know how the NFL is. They didn't want that call to affect the outcome of the game. I don't think it would have because the Ravens still would have had over a minute to do something. The refs missed that call like you said.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Dwhite12 LASlowtime wrote:
Adrian Wojnarowski&#8207;@WojYaho oNBA Pau Gasol felt a "pop" in the bottom of his foot, on crutches now. Getting an MRI on Wednesday.
although i suspect it might have been a qu_eef lol
Omg if it's not one thing it's another. He said he never felt something like this before. It sounds very serious and im glad Clarke has been playing good as a starter.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I still say we cant deal this guy fast enough, but I dont know what offers have been on the table, things have been very quiet in laker land regarding rumors of any deals, usually you have a pile of players coming out, I think the lakers held on toto pau one season too long, should been dealt during the off sesason, usually the lakers have the best timing on these things when to let go of a player and when to keep them, but hey I could still be wrong and maybe the lakers patience is actually gonna pay off, usually they are great at mastering things like that.
I agree with you to a certain extent. I always wanted Gasol to retire as a Laker because despite what has been said about him he came through for us in Rhode title runs. I hate to see him go through this and in my opinion he maybe feeling a little disrespected from Mike D. From being called out by your teammate and coach to being benches. You know it has to be bad if Gasol is starting to make comments in the media.
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I love the beginning of the movie, pretty much the first 1 min, minute and half, after the movies is alright....lol
hahahah yea I could see why you liked the opening scene of the movie. The girl was smoking hot.
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg another Star Trek movie lol. I thought for sure they were going to show the Superman preview because I saw it online a couple of months a ago. Wow they also have another Fast and Ferious. Michelle Rodriguez still looks good lol.
Can't wait for the next Fast and Furious.
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I still say we cant deal this guy fast enough, but I dont know what offers have been on the table, things have been very quiet in laker land regarding rumors of any deals, usually you have a pile of players coming out, I think the lakers held on to pau one season too long, should been dealt during the off sesason, usually the lakers have the best timing on these things when to let go of a player and when to keep them, but hey I could still be wrong and maybe the lakers patience is actually gonna pay off, usually they are great at mastering things like that.
Its like us Show. Bargnani played one season too long here. He is off the injury list and back tonight against the C's after 2 months. Give him a week and he will be dealt. The only deal I hear regarding Pau is Bargnani. Pau's contract is too big for a lot of teams. I believe Pau's mouth to media and all the controversary that surrounds him has caused teams to back off a bit.just my take

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I still say we cant deal this guy fast enough, but I dont know what offers have been on the table, things have been very quiet in laker land regarding rumors of any deals, usually you have a pile of players coming out, I think the lakers held on to pau one season too long, should been dealt during the off sesason, usually the lakers have the best timing on these things when to let go of a player and when to keep them, but hey I could still be wrong and maybe the lakers patience is actually gonna pay off, usually they are great at mastering things like that.
Aw man Show, you know Pau is the ultimate teammate and the best big facilitator in the game and maybe the best ever and him and Kobe are just about as tight as Fish and Kobe are and that's saying a lot as Kobe isn't close to many. Thing is, Pau has been trade bait for 1.5 seasons now and it's messed with his head as it would 90%+ of players. If you're Pau, you say to yourself what more can I do? If it wasn't for me the Lakers would not have back to back championships and arguably would have lost more games last year. Pau needs some respect shown to him for all he's done for LA.

Now this foot injury Pau suffered...Man-oh-man, I had both my calf tendons "pop". Sounded like someone punching their hand and each one put me out 6+ months and neither of my legs are the same as they once were and I'm only 6'1, 190. Can't imagine being Pau's height and weight with a foot injury like that. I hope for the best with Pau as he'll need it because this injury could decide his career.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you to a certain extent. I always wanted Gasol to retire as a Laker because despite what has been said about him he came through for us in Rhode title runs. I hate to see him go through this and in my opinion he maybe feeling a little disrespected from Mike D. From being called out by your teammate and coach to being benches. You know it has to be bad if Gasol is starting to make comments in the media.
My loyalty is to the team first players second, I want was best for the team , Hey in a perfect world the lakers would keep all the likable guys and win a championship every year, but thats just not gonna happen . My problem with pau is not offensively, but its on the defensive side, he just doesn't do anything on defense, sure he can get a block sometimes but ultimately everyone one goes in and lays it up around him, he will give you points but he gives them back, another thing I am tired of him having to be motivated to play right, I am tired of him going through weird psychological problems every season, ever since he read he may be traded it got into his mind, this guy will never be at peace, I think pau is just too sensitive to be on the lakers now, that chris paul thing shook pau up badly..... stern could have pulled the deal before the trade actually went through!!
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text> Its like us Show. Bargnani played one season too long here. He is off the injury list and back tonight against the C's after 2 months. Give him a week and he will be dealt. The only deal I hear regarding Pau is Bargnani. Pau's contract is too big for a lot of teams. I believe Pau's mouth to media and all the controversary that surrounds him has caused teams to back off a bit.just my take
I know the lakers much rather have pau and so do I lol.... I am getting on pau for not playing much defense, no way I would take bargnani, also dude has been hurt we don't know what he has left, I would be shocked if the lakers dealt pau for bargs, I think I rather see paus contract come off the books and resign him for something cheap.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw man Show, you know Pau is the ultimate teammate and the best big facilitator in the game and maybe the best ever and him and Kobe are just about as tight as Fish and Kobe are and that's saying a lot as Kobe isn't close to many. Thing is, Pau has been trade bait for 1.5 seasons now and it's messed with his head as it would 90%+ of players. If you're Pau, you say to yourself what more can I do? If it wasn't for me the Lakers would not have back to back championships and arguably would have lost more games last year. Pau needs some respect shown to him for all he's done for LA.
Now this foot injury Pau suffered...Man-oh-man, I had both my calf tendons "pop". Sounded like someone punching their hand and each one put me out 6+ months and neither of my legs are the same as they once were and I'm only 6'1, 190. Can't imagine being Pau's height and weight with a foot injury like that. I hope for the best with Pau as he'll need it because this injury could decide his career.
Like I told the other guy, team before players my man, you dont get anywhere by showing loyalty to guys you like, kobe is here cause hes the man not cause hes likable. Pau has one too many quirks , he needs to be motivated, he needs to be reassured, he needs this and that, he goes through dry spells, he begins to miss free throws, I mean the lakers did the right thing in dealing him for paul and we all know what happened ....It might be too late now cause of that foot injury, and also I am not suggesting you deal him just to get him out of here, you deal him for a good deal that works for us if not then you keep him, but I am not worried about what pau did in the past, odom and bynum did plenty for us and where are they at? FIsh? YOu don't win championships by hanging on to things, you didn't believe me about steve nash at first, but he clearly isn't the same player right? hes had to change his game so did kobe, I may know a little bit of what im talking about just a little lol

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Like I told the other guy, team before players my man, you dont get anywhere by showing loyalty to guys you like, kobe is here cause hes the man not cause hes likable. Pau has one too many quirks , he needs to be motivated, he needs to be reassured, he needs this and that, he goes through dry spells, he begins to miss free throws, I mean the lakers did the right thing in dealing him for paul and we all know what happened ....It might be too late now cause of that foot injury, and also I am not suggesting you deal him just to get him out of here, you deal him for a good deal that works for us if not then you keep him, but I am not worried about what pau did in the past, odom and bynum did plenty for us and where are they at? FIsh? YOu don't win championships by hanging on to things, you didn't believe me about steve nash at first, but he clearly isn't the same player right? hes had to change his game so did kobe, I may know a little bit of what im talking about just a little lol
I totally understand we don't want to hang on to our players till the death like the Celtics did back in the day but Pau is far from done pre-foot injury. And the trade with Paul, it was a great move by LA(bs move by Stern)but it messed Pau up mentally and I know it's part of the biz but Pau is a different kind of personality and he would still be Pau if D'Antoni knew how to utilize a big man and not just Pau.

I told you Nash would and could adjust and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime brother as his bball IQ is through the roof. You said he was a system player. ;)

I get what you're saying about Pau and I said when D'Antoni came in Pau needed to go as he isn't a fit in his run and gun system but who really needed to adjust was D'Antoni who's NEVER won anything in the NBA. Not a 2 time champion.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand we don't want to hang on to our players till the death like the Celtics did back in the day but Pau is far from done pre-foot injury. And the trade with Paul, it was a great move by LA(bs move by Stern)but it messed Pau up mentally and I know it's part of the biz but Pau is a different kind of personality and he would still be Pau if D'Antoni knew how to utilize a big man and not just Pau.
I told you Nash would and could adjust and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime brother as his bball IQ is through the roof. You said he was a system player. ;)
I get what you're saying about Pau and I said when D'Antoni came in Pau needed to go as he isn't a fit in his run and gun system but who really needed to adjust was D'Antoni who's NEVER won anything in the NBA. Not a 2 time champion.
Pau is still good I am not disputing hes not a good player, but like you just pointed out and I already said a few times, the guy is messed up with all the rumors, he also now is complaining about not starting, although hes starting right now but hes clearly not happy with his role, I dont know if you noticed that but I live in LA I listen to the local radio, and I can see it hes not happy, I agree D'antoni isn't the right coach, all I am saying is, if there is a deal out there you gotta deal this guy now, I would have a serious problem if pau ends up being out center and Dwight leaves, his defense is awful thats my main thing.

As for nash, adjust sure, but adjust and be as a affective as the old steve nope! Steve looks just like I predicted, a fish out of water, he looks more like a shooting guard now, he looks like he struggling to be a pg, but I will say hes much better than fisher, hes basically playing the fisher role, but much better! so I guess we can leave it at that.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> My loyalty is to the team first players second, I want was best for the team , Hey in a perfect world the lakers would keep all the likable guys and win a championship every year, but thats jus+t not gonna happen . My problem with pau is not offensively, but its on the defensive side, he just doesn't do anything on defense, sure he can get a block sometimes but ultimately everyone one goes in and lays it up around him, he will give you points but he gives them back, another thing I am tired of him having to be motivated to play right, I am tired of him going through weird psychological problems every season, ever since he read he may be traded it got into his mind, this guy will never be at peace, I think pau is just too sensitive to be on the lakers now, that chris paul thing shook pau up badly..... stern could have pulled the deal before the trade actually went through!!
I understand where you are coming from, but players like him usually don't come around very often especially for cheap like we got him lol. We knew before we got him what type of player he was physically and mentally. I totally agree with you about him not being at peace anymore and it's real sad to see. I don't think the lakers are going to trade him. You never know with them because sometimes the moves they make will make you scratch your head. Now he is out 6 weeks with that injury.
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I know the lakers much rather have pau and so do I lol.... I am getting on pau for not playing much defense, no way I would take bargnani, also dude has been hurt we don't know what he has left, I would be shocked if the lakers dealt pau for bargs, I think I rather see paus contract come off the books and resign him for something cheap.
Can't say I disagree. You don't Bargs. He belongs on a team like the Bobkittens or Washington.
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Don't "want" sorry Show
sam

Acton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Beside Show Pau is hurt, doubt anyone will want him
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

sam wrote:
Beside Show Pau is hurt, doubt anyone will want him
YOu got that right, its too late to deal him now this season and get anything good back.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg another Star Trek movie lol. I thought for sure they were going to show the Superman preview because I saw it online a couple of months a ago. Wow they also have another Fast and Ferious. Michelle Rodriguez still looks good lol.
Hell yeah another star trek movie!, I have a feeling this could be the best of all the star trek movies out there.

I was surprised that they actually ran a preview for Fast and Furious during the Superbowl, if read some where correctly there suppose to be a trilogy with 5, 6 and 7.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Magic Johnson gay? 6 min sam 24
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Wed NBA Fan 22
LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Tr... Wed NBA Fan 7
Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in wh... Aug 23 lake4life 21
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul 28 naqib 2
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul 28 wertgh 2
Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Jul 28 sam 2,097
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000