Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60323 Feb 6, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you to a certain extent. I always wanted Gasol to retire as a Laker because despite what has been said about him he came through for us in Rhode title runs. I hate to see him go through this and in my opinion he maybe feeling a little disrespected from Mike D. From being called out by your teammate and coach to being benches. You know it has to be bad if Gasol is starting to make comments in the media.
My loyalty is to the team first players second, I want was best for the team , Hey in a perfect world the lakers would keep all the likable guys and win a championship every year, but thats just not gonna happen . My problem with pau is not offensively, but its on the defensive side, he just doesn't do anything on defense, sure he can get a block sometimes but ultimately everyone one goes in and lays it up around him, he will give you points but he gives them back, another thing I am tired of him having to be motivated to play right, I am tired of him going through weird psychological problems every season, ever since he read he may be traded it got into his mind, this guy will never be at peace, I think pau is just too sensitive to be on the lakers now, that chris paul thing shook pau up badly..... stern could have pulled the deal before the trade actually went through!!
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60324 Feb 6, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Its like us Show. Bargnani played one season too long here. He is off the injury list and back tonight against the C's after 2 months. Give him a week and he will be dealt. The only deal I hear regarding Pau is Bargnani. Pau's contract is too big for a lot of teams. I believe Pau's mouth to media and all the controversary that surrounds him has caused teams to back off a bit.just my take
I know the lakers much rather have pau and so do I lol.... I am getting on pau for not playing much defense, no way I would take bargnani, also dude has been hurt we don't know what he has left, I would be shocked if the lakers dealt pau for bargs, I think I rather see paus contract come off the books and resign him for something cheap.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60325 Feb 6, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw man Show, you know Pau is the ultimate teammate and the best big facilitator in the game and maybe the best ever and him and Kobe are just about as tight as Fish and Kobe are and that's saying a lot as Kobe isn't close to many. Thing is, Pau has been trade bait for 1.5 seasons now and it's messed with his head as it would 90%+ of players. If you're Pau, you say to yourself what more can I do? If it wasn't for me the Lakers would not have back to back championships and arguably would have lost more games last year. Pau needs some respect shown to him for all he's done for LA.
Now this foot injury Pau suffered...Man-oh-man, I had both my calf tendons "pop". Sounded like someone punching their hand and each one put me out 6+ months and neither of my legs are the same as they once were and I'm only 6'1, 190. Can't imagine being Pau's height and weight with a foot injury like that. I hope for the best with Pau as he'll need it because this injury could decide his career.
Like I told the other guy, team before players my man, you dont get anywhere by showing loyalty to guys you like, kobe is here cause hes the man not cause hes likable. Pau has one too many quirks , he needs to be motivated, he needs to be reassured, he needs this and that, he goes through dry spells, he begins to miss free throws, I mean the lakers did the right thing in dealing him for paul and we all know what happened ....It might be too late now cause of that foot injury, and also I am not suggesting you deal him just to get him out of here, you deal him for a good deal that works for us if not then you keep him, but I am not worried about what pau did in the past, odom and bynum did plenty for us and where are they at? FIsh? YOu don't win championships by hanging on to things, you didn't believe me about steve nash at first, but he clearly isn't the same player right? hes had to change his game so did kobe, I may know a little bit of what im talking about just a little lol

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60326 Feb 6, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Like I told the other guy, team before players my man, you dont get anywhere by showing loyalty to guys you like, kobe is here cause hes the man not cause hes likable. Pau has one too many quirks , he needs to be motivated, he needs to be reassured, he needs this and that, he goes through dry spells, he begins to miss free throws, I mean the lakers did the right thing in dealing him for paul and we all know what happened ....It might be too late now cause of that foot injury, and also I am not suggesting you deal him just to get him out of here, you deal him for a good deal that works for us if not then you keep him, but I am not worried about what pau did in the past, odom and bynum did plenty for us and where are they at? FIsh? YOu don't win championships by hanging on to things, you didn't believe me about steve nash at first, but he clearly isn't the same player right? hes had to change his game so did kobe, I may know a little bit of what im talking about just a little lol
I totally understand we don't want to hang on to our players till the death like the Celtics did back in the day but Pau is far from done pre-foot injury. And the trade with Paul, it was a great move by LA(bs move by Stern)but it messed Pau up mentally and I know it's part of the biz but Pau is a different kind of personality and he would still be Pau if D'Antoni knew how to utilize a big man and not just Pau.

I told you Nash would and could adjust and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime brother as his bball IQ is through the roof. You said he was a system player. ;)

I get what you're saying about Pau and I said when D'Antoni came in Pau needed to go as he isn't a fit in his run and gun system but who really needed to adjust was D'Antoni who's NEVER won anything in the NBA. Not a 2 time champion.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60327 Feb 6, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally understand we don't want to hang on to our players till the death like the Celtics did back in the day but Pau is far from done pre-foot injury. And the trade with Paul, it was a great move by LA(bs move by Stern)but it messed Pau up mentally and I know it's part of the biz but Pau is a different kind of personality and he would still be Pau if D'Antoni knew how to utilize a big man and not just Pau.
I told you Nash would and could adjust and play with anyone, anywhere, anytime brother as his bball IQ is through the roof. You said he was a system player. ;)
I get what you're saying about Pau and I said when D'Antoni came in Pau needed to go as he isn't a fit in his run and gun system but who really needed to adjust was D'Antoni who's NEVER won anything in the NBA. Not a 2 time champion.
Pau is still good I am not disputing hes not a good player, but like you just pointed out and I already said a few times, the guy is messed up with all the rumors, he also now is complaining about not starting, although hes starting right now but hes clearly not happy with his role, I dont know if you noticed that but I live in LA I listen to the local radio, and I can see it hes not happy, I agree D'antoni isn't the right coach, all I am saying is, if there is a deal out there you gotta deal this guy now, I would have a serious problem if pau ends up being out center and Dwight leaves, his defense is awful thats my main thing.

As for nash, adjust sure, but adjust and be as a affective as the old steve nope! Steve looks just like I predicted, a fish out of water, he looks more like a shooting guard now, he looks like he struggling to be a pg, but I will say hes much better than fisher, hes basically playing the fisher role, but much better! so I guess we can leave it at that.
Black Mamba

United States

#60328 Feb 6, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> My loyalty is to the team first players second, I want was best for the team , Hey in a perfect world the lakers would keep all the likable guys and win a championship every year, but thats jus+t not gonna happen . My problem with pau is not offensively, but its on the defensive side, he just doesn't do anything on defense, sure he can get a block sometimes but ultimately everyone one goes in and lays it up around him, he will give you points but he gives them back, another thing I am tired of him having to be motivated to play right, I am tired of him going through weird psychological problems every season, ever since he read he may be traded it got into his mind, this guy will never be at peace, I think pau is just too sensitive to be on the lakers now, that chris paul thing shook pau up badly..... stern could have pulled the deal before the trade actually went through!!
I understand where you are coming from, but players like him usually don't come around very often especially for cheap like we got him lol. We knew before we got him what type of player he was physically and mentally. I totally agree with you about him not being at peace anymore and it's real sad to see. I don't think the lakers are going to trade him. You never know with them because sometimes the moves they make will make you scratch your head. Now he is out 6 weeks with that injury.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60330 Feb 6, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I know the lakers much rather have pau and so do I lol.... I am getting on pau for not playing much defense, no way I would take bargnani, also dude has been hurt we don't know what he has left, I would be shocked if the lakers dealt pau for bargs, I think I rather see paus contract come off the books and resign him for something cheap.
Can't say I disagree. You don't Bargs. He belongs on a team like the Bobkittens or Washington.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60331 Feb 6, 2013
Don't "want" sorry Show
sam

Acton, Canada

#60332 Feb 6, 2013
Beside Show Pau is hurt, doubt anyone will want him
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60333 Feb 6, 2013
sam wrote:
YOu got that right, its too late to deal him now this season and get anything good back.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60334 Feb 6, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg another Star Trek movie lol. I thought for sure they were going to show the Superman preview because I saw it online a couple of months a ago. Wow they also have another Fast and Ferious. Michelle Rodriguez still looks good lol.
Hell yeah another star trek movie!, I have a feeling this could be the best of all the star trek movies out there.

I was surprised that they actually ran a preview for Fast and Furious during the Superbowl, if read some where correctly there suppose to be a trilogy with 5, 6 and 7.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60335 Feb 6, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg if it's not one thing it's another. He said he never felt something like this before. It sounds very serious and im glad Clarke has been playing good as a starter.
Yeah we don't get to catch a break if not the coaching is the players health.

Clark has been nice surprise this season, I hope we have another one cause with Pau and Howard out we need some one else to step up.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60336 Feb 6, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Its like us Show. Bargnani played one season too long here. He is off the injury list and back tonight against the C's after 2 months. Give him a week and he will be dealt. The only deal I hear regarding Pau is Bargnani. Pau's contract is too big for a lot of teams. I believe Pau's mouth to media and all the controversary that surrounds him has caused teams to back off a bit.just my take
Sammy Pau contract is not only big who ever gets him has to pay him 9mil in advance it's in his contract.

But we the system the Lakers are playing now, I don't see a need to move him, but if they do anyway the Lakers can't F them selves.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60337 Feb 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Pau is still good I am not disputing hes not a good player, but like you just pointed out and I already said a few times, the guy is messed up with all the rumors, he also now is complaining about not starting, although hes starting right now but hes clearly not happy with his role, I dont know if you noticed that but I live in LA I listen to the local radio, and I can see it hes not happy, I agree D'antoni isn't the right coach, all I am saying is, if there is a deal out there you gotta deal this guy now, I would have a serious problem if pau ends up being out center and Dwight leaves, his defense is awful thats my main thing.
As for nash, adjust sure, but adjust and be as a affective as the old steve nope! Steve looks just like I predicted, a fish out of water, he looks more like a shooting guard now, he looks like he struggling to be a pg, but I will say hes much better than fisher, hes basically playing the fisher role, but much better! so I guess we can leave it at that.
Sorry to jump in here, but Show you brought up a great point, You wrote,"I would have a serious problem if pau ends up being out center and Dwight leaves"
As different then Lakers dealing Pau for a bunch of role players, then Howard leaves and the Lakers' center is who?

There are rumors of Howard possibly leaving or asking to be traded, but those rumors are base on D'antoni staying cause his system is having the same effect on Howard as it has with Pau.

It has been said that Howard resigning may come down to the Lakers picking between Howard or keeping D'antoni.

Pau should be starter he was sent to the bench cause his productivity dropped not his lack of D, cause in D'antoni system D only matter when it's accompany with 'antoni also the bench was useless in his system.
Pau knows that it was not his fault or the bench it's the system that they were running, the system changed problem solved.

You once told me that you should start with Your best 5, and Clark is playing well but his defense is not better then Pau, but he lacks Pau's passing, IQ and post up moves.

You are right player shouldn't need to be motivated, but in this league You can count the few that actually don't need to be, but even then isn't the coach responsible to get the most out of players?

Those are my two cents on this subject

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60338 Feb 7, 2013
sam wrote:
Well he is not out for the season, a lot of teams would love to have him in mid march.

His trade value is not going decrease, a playoffs contender could have him back 100% by may.

Lakers included if they managed to get in a playoffs spot.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60339 Feb 7, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to jump in here, but Show you brought up a great point, You wrote,"I would have a serious problem if pau ends up being out center and Dwight leaves"
As different then Lakers dealing Pau for a bunch of role players, then Howard leaves and the Lakers' center is who?
There are rumors of Howard possibly leaving or asking to be traded, but those rumors are base on D'antoni staying cause his system is having the same effect on Howard as it has with Pau.
It has been said that Howard resigning may come down to the Lakers picking between Howard or keeping D'antoni.
Pau should be starter he was sent to the bench cause his productivity dropped not his lack of D, cause in D'antoni system D only matter when it's accompany with 'antoni also the bench was useless in his system.
Pau knows that it was not his fault or the bench it's the system that they were running, the system changed problem solved.
You once told me that you should start with Your best 5, and Clark is playing well but his defense is not better then Pau, but he lacks Pau's passing, IQ and post up moves.
You are right player shouldn't need to be motivated, but in this league You can count the few that actually don't need to be, but even then isn't the coach responsible to get the most out of players?
Oh RR I know you love Pau no matter what I wont even try to convince you cause your stuck on that guy, all I can say is his defense sucks bad! as a center you should be a decent defender and pau is only a decent defender when motivated, thats not good, plus he has mental issues now, hes paranoid about the lakers dealing him, he begins to play very terrible basketball for long stretches, this is suppose to be one of your big time superstars you cant have that! hes also not getting any younger, if we can get him to resign for a much smaller contract then its worth it, but for right now hes not worth 19 million. Yeah I get you about your best 5, but we both agree the D'antoni system doesn't work for 2 bigs, pau went to the bench and the lakers begin to do better, plus you dont need to have 5 scorers in at once, clark is perfect cause he plays D better than pau in my opinion, and rebounds, shoots better, he does it all and he doesn't need the ball, pau looks lost with everyone in there, I think he does well off the bench... Well thats my opinion, its not that pau sucks but he is clearly the one having problems fitting in, but hey hes injured now so I dont think we will have to worry about any trade at all, we just gotta hope howard comes back.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60340 Feb 7, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Also when I was bitch about your best 5 should start didn't you tell me that it doesn't matter who starts its who finishes? Look I dont even think it matters what we say, the bottom line is as long as D'antoni is here we may not win a thing this year, he doesn't seem to be able to come up with good strategies during the game. although hes better than Mike brown.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60341 Feb 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Oh RR I know you love Pau no matter what I wont even try to convince you cause your stuck on that guy, all I can say is his defense sucks bad! as a center you should be a decent defender and pau is only a decent defender when motivated, thats not good, plus he has mental issues now, hes paranoid about the lakers dealing him, he begins to play very terrible basketball for long stretches, this is suppose to be one of your big time superstars you cant have that! hes also not getting any younger, if we can get him to resign for a much smaller contract then its worth it, but for right now hes not worth 19 million. Yeah I get you about your best 5, but we both agree the D'antoni system doesn't work for 2 bigs, pau went to the bench and the lakers begin to do better, plus you dont need to have 5 scorers in at once, clark is perfect cause he plays D better than pau in my opinion, and rebounds, shoots better, he does it all and he doesn't need the ball, pau looks lost with everyone in there, I think he does well off the bench... Well thats my opinion, its not that pau sucks but he is clearly the one having problems fitting in, but hey hes injured now so I dont think we will have to worry about any trade at all, we just gotta hope howard comes back.
We know I do!! he he he

Pau has a lot left in his tank, the key to the two bigs is the system, it wasn't Pau going to bench.

I disagree with a lot stuff you wrote, but like I said those were my 2 cents to that post I'm not going pass it.

The usual agree disagree leave it at that.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60342 Feb 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Also when I was bitch about your best 5 should start didn't you tell me that it doesn't matter who starts its who finishes? Look I dont even think it matters what we say, the bottom line is as long as D'antoni is here we may not win a thing this year, he doesn't seem to be able to come up with good strategies during the game. although hes better than Mike brown.
HA HA HA Touché, well played my friend well played.

Yeah who ever finish is what matter most, but I believe Pau has bend backward for Dick'antoni and his stupid system, as he did before for brown and the Lakers front office, he should be treated better,same goes for the Lakers from office. They should let Pau know what's up it's in their best interest to have a worry free Pau.
Saddly is the media that creates all this Pau rumors and they make sure it rub them in his face to sell something.

I agree with you what we said doesn't matter 100%, Lakers front office claims that they already have a plan for 2015, if this is true then we know what more likely is going to happen.

I agree D'antoni sucks so many levels, not only is the reason why the Lakers are struggling and are not going to win anything more likely this season, as long as he keeps thinking his system is the way to go, but it could cost the Lakers resigning Howard.

There is a reason why D'antoni has never won jack even when his team was favorite to win.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60343 Feb 7, 2013
Sammy, your boy had a good night last night against Charlotte. TT went 17-9-3. Cavs have climbed up out of the basement. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents 3 hr stewart scott 29
News Jeremy Lin on demotion Mar 25 mike tirico 13
News Celtics-Lakers rivalry goes back to Lenox, 1960 (Jun '08) Mar 8 John bodnar 8
News The stunt happened during halftime of a game be... Jan '15 Christaliban 1
News Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant: 'I'd want to play ... Jan '15 Sam 2
News LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
News Lakers vs. Rockets: Live updates from the 2014 ... Oct '14 Why 24 2
More from around the web