“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60130 Jan 29, 2013
Dwhite12 LASlowtime wrote:
The Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers have emerged as the top teams to sign 2007 No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden, according to a CBSSports.com report.
Well that's probably a no brainier for Oden....lol

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60131 Jan 29, 2013
i just want to go on recrd.. that this is the laker team i envisioned when i said hire mike D..high offense and depending on dwight to smother guys in the paint, swatting shots or altering..this is what i wanted. if they can keep it up i'll be very happy with MY hire lol
Really?, but they went away from D'antoni's system.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60132 Jan 29, 2013
Adrian Wojnarowski: Chris "Birdman" Andersen will sign a second 10 day contract with Miami on Wednesday, a league source tells Y! Sports. Twitter @WojYahooNBA
Wow they are milking him before they commit.
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60133 Jan 29, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?, but they went away from D'antoni's system.
very true, i just said this is what i envisioned would happen lol..didnt say it would happen in his system :P well granted i assumed it would but at least we're scoring and thats all that matters

our transition defense is SOOO much better..crazy !
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60134 Jan 29, 2013
hey topix, i post from the same location everytime, yet you never get my city right and it always changes lol..wassup with that. i've not even been to most of those cities or know where they are

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60135 Jan 29, 2013
<quoted text>
very true, i just said this is what i envisioned would happen lol..didnt say it would happen in his system :P well granted i assumed it would but at least we're scoring and thats all that matters
our transition defense is SOOO much better..crazy !
Hell Yeah the whole trick for the defense to pick up was for them to stop running and shooter 3 without any thinking process involve.

They're saving their energy now and using it on D, first game You we the fans were able to notices that was in the Memphis game, if You can take a look at the Lakers first quarter of the Memphis game from the moment on they have been a whole different squad.

Problem in Memphis and almost was the same problem at the end of tonight's game was mental lapses in their D, in Memphis they were on the road and too tired settle down and react.

Tonight they were at home and that made HUGE difference, but they need to polish their game to avoid this mental lapses in future games.
Another thing D'antoni messed up in my opinion at the end of the game Hornets went small and D'anotoni did the same to match up, he needed to stay big, slow down more the tempo and go inside instead of playing their game almost cause the Lakers the game.

When Kobe tried to go solo to win the game at the end, Pau needed to be there to work with KB, no one there new how to cater KB in those possessions, that's usually where Pau and KB work great.

Like I said that's my opinion we all see things differently.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60136 Jan 29, 2013
hey topix, i post from the same location everytime, yet you never get my city right and it always changes lol..wassup with that. i've not even been to most of those cities or know where they are
I believe is the server where Your provider hooks on to, it rotates to the less clog one reason why a changes.

Not 100% sure, but I believe that's the reason it does that.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60137 Jan 29, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now that they are not running D'antoni's crap system, Howard will get going eventually and so will Pau, they just need to polish this thing they are running now, it all starts on the defensing end.
See as long as the Lakers stay on this path, they will turn it around, then it will come down to two things, 1. what position they get/how deep they go in the playoffs, first or second round exits and he is gone, 2. if Howard wants to play for him he will be back if doesn't he is gone.
I knew Nash would not duplicate what he did with the suns with this team, he needs D'antoni's "crap system " LOL Instead you have kobe doing the assist work and Nash being a better version of Derek fisher, Howard is the new bynum getting lobs just as bynum did, and pau is still pau, only difference is clark lol.....Ok ok I will give D'antoni some credit for better ball movement, I have not seen the lakers pass this well in a long time, and howard does do a better job on defense than bynum did cause bynum gets frustrated too easily if things don't go his way and he stops defending, those are the only differences, oh and clark lol. As long as we win I don't care.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60138 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>
maybe mark cuban is his radiation? lol
Allen Iverson declines a D-League invite, tweets that his ‘actions contributed to my early departure from the NBA.

EGO!!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-l...

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60139 Jan 30, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I knew Nash would not duplicate what he did with the suns with this team, he needs D'antoni's "crap system " LOL Instead you have kobe doing the assist work and Nash being a better version of Derek fisher, Howard is the new bynum getting lobs just as bynum did, and pau is still pau, only difference is clark lol.....Ok ok I will give D'antoni some credit for better ball movement, I have not seen the lakers pass this well in a long time, and howard does do a better job on defense than bynum did cause bynum gets frustrated too easily if things don't go his way and he stops defending, those are the only differences, oh and clark lol. As long as we win I don't care.
Well I don't really know what to say about that Nash thing,cause a bunch of things change in the last 4 games, I guess I'll go with the wait and see.

But I'll say this he's 10 times a better version of fisher, I love how fisher is a clutch shooter in the last 2 mins, but he would struggle most of the game, Nash is clutch the whole game and that's pretty cool!
Something Nash and Pau are doing that is not showing in their stats is they are moving the ball around in these last 4 games and with the new style they are going now is a perfect fit.

I think right now is a working process for Nash, sooner or later KB is going to stop having 10+ assist per game, when that happens let's see what Nash does to fill in.

I'm not sure what you mean about Pau being Pau, but in my opinion Pau the last 3 games vs Pau from when D'antoni took over whole different player, same with Howard.

Like You said Howard is the new bynum and I agree, but as long as they get him involve in their system, I'm good and the sames goes with Pau.

Clark he is a nice surprise this season, he is like a tall SG.

Oh screw D'antoni system I don't give him any credit for the passing cause they weren't doing it before, this is a recent thing.

I believe that as long as they keep playing this style ball, they will win enough games to get in the playoffs.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60140 Jan 30, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Interesting B , the word all over Toronto is they are working on a deal only to read today they can't find a home for Jose. I know we will have to do something in the coming weeks. The 8th spot is more inviting to both of us with Boston in a bad situation.
Your Raps have a better chance of climbing the leader board than the Cavs. The Cavs are too young, and don't have Andy right now. Maybe in a couple more years (picks) they can make a go of it. Not to say that we won't see improvement within the next 2 years. Just my opinion.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60141 Jan 30, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Tonight they were at home and that made HUGE difference, but they need to polish their game to avoid this mental lapses in future games.
Spot on.
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>Another thing D'antoni messed up in my opinion at the end of the game Hornets went small and D'anotoni did the same to match up, he needed to stay big, slow down more the tempo and go inside instead of playing their game almost cause the Lakers the game.
That's a tough call Renault. Lakers had the lead and one can argue if the Lakers stayed big while NO went small their lead would've been in jeopardy as it turned out to be anyway. The right move was to go small for small it was just mental lapses by the Lakers on defense especially in transition that allowed NO to come back. If we'd have stayed big yes, we would have our way on offense but with that lead it was safer to protect it than to increase it.
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>When Kobe tried to go solo to win the game at the end, Pau needed to be there to work with KB, no one there new how to cater KB in those possessions, that's usually where Pau and KB work great.
Like I said that's my opinion we all see things differently.
You're right. Pau has been there, done that and won it with Kobe in those situations and it's baffling to me that he's on the bench and Howard is still playing when Pau has a much better free throw% than Howard and like you said he and Kobe click in situations like that for the most part or at least more than those on the court last night do.

It's still a work in progress but at least we're stringing a few wins together now.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60142 Jan 30, 2013
lol Topix had me in Schenectedy NY (amongst others) until I got an account, and filled in a profile page. Then I was able to put my REAL town in.

I've seen entire posts disappear, not just letters. Ya can't blame that on a bad "spellchecker." Go figure.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60143 Jan 30, 2013
The Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade that will send leading scorer Rudy Gay to the Raptors, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

Sources told ESPN.com the Grizzlies will acquire forward Ed Davis and veteran guard Jose Calderon from the Raptors and then move Calderon to a third team to ultimately make this a three-team deal.

The Detroit Pistons, sources said, are one of the prime options to take on Calderon, having pursued the Spanish floor leader all season.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Pistons have agreed to send Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye to the Grizzlies to acquire Calderon as part of the trade.

Memphis, sources said, is also expected to receive a second-round pick from Toronto as part of the deal.

The Raptors, sources said, are expected to take on Grizzlies reserve center Hamed Haddadi in addition to Gay.

The Dallas Mavericks, sources say, were also interested in acquiring Calderon but were not prepared to surrender swingman Vince Carter, whom Memphis coveted to help fill the void created by Gay's departure.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60144 Jan 30, 2013
Eric Pincus: The Lakers gain a disabled player exception worth $1,781,800-$1,881,800, the latter in trade, Jordan Hill. Expires 3/11/13. Twitter @EricPincus

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60145 Jan 30, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Spot on.
<quoted text>
That's a tough call Renault. Lakers had the lead and one can argue if the Lakers stayed big while NO went small their lead would've been in jeopardy as it turned out to be anyway. The right move was to go small for small it was just mental lapses by the Lakers on defense especially in transition that allowed NO to come back. If we'd have stayed big yes, we would have our way on offense but with that lead it was safer to protect it than to increase it.
<quoted text>
You're right. Pau has been there, done that and won it with Kobe in those situations and it's baffling to me that he's on the bench and Howard is still playing when Pau has a much better free throw% than Howard and like you said he and Kobe click in situations like that for the most part or at least more than those on the court last night do.
It's still a work in progress but at least we're stringing a few wins together now.
Well my take is the Lakers went small and then got caught in running game against the Hornets and that cost them the lead.
if the Lakers stay big and slow down the pace go inside like they were for most the game and killing.
Yeah mental lapses cause they were running with a smaller line up and they couldn't get their transition defense set the just wanted match baskets with the hornets.

Yeah I agree work in progress, but mostly need work in polishing it.
I'm curios to see how will they handle them selves on the road now that they are more rested, and how their mental toughness will react to pressure of losing a lead or falling behind on the road.

If the Lakers D is anything on the road like it was in Memphis' first quarter I can wait to see if they can sustain it for 48 mins, if they do oh man is going to be sweet to watch this team play.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60146 Jan 30, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime wrote:
The Memphis Grizzlies and Toronto Raptors have agreed in principle on a trade that will send leading scorer Rudy Gay to the Raptors, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.
Sources told ESPN.com the Grizzlies will acquire forward Ed Davis and veteran guard Jose Calderon from the Raptors and then move Calderon to a third team to ultimately make this a three-team deal.
The Detroit Pistons, sources said, are one of the prime options to take on Calderon, having pursued the Spanish floor leader all season.
Sources told ESPN.com that the Pistons have agreed to send Tayshaun Prince and Austin Daye to the Grizzlies to acquire Calderon as part of the trade.
Memphis, sources said, is also expected to receive a second-round pick from Toronto as part of the deal.
The Raptors, sources said, are expected to take on Grizzlies reserve center Hamed Haddadi in addition to Gay.
The Dallas Mavericks, sources say, were also interested in acquiring Calderon but were not prepared to surrender swingman Vince Carter, whom Memphis coveted to help fill the void created by Gay's departure.
I think this is a sweet Deal for everyone, but for Dallas not to give Carter for Calderon is just STUPID!!!

Raptors get a good player sign in for 3 seasons.

Feel bad for Calderon he is going to Michigan....lol
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60147 Jan 30, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I don't really know what to say about that Nash thing,cause a bunch of things change in the last 4 games, I guess I'll go with the wait and see.
But I'll say this he's 10 times a better version of fisher, I love how fisher is a clutch shooter in the last 2 mins, but he would struggle most of the game, Nash is clutch the whole game and that's pretty cool!
Something Nash and Pau are doing that is not showing in their stats is they are moving the ball around in these last 4 games and with the new style they are going now is a perfect fit.
I think right now is a working process for Nash, sooner or later KB is going to stop having 10+ assist per game, when that happens let's see what Nash does to fill in.
I'm not sure what you mean about Pau being Pau, but in my opinion Pau the last 3 games vs Pau from when D'antoni took over whole different player, same with Howard.
Like You said Howard is the new bynum and I agree, but as long as they get him involve in their system, I'm good and the sames goes with Pau.
Clark he is a nice surprise this season, he is like a tall SG.
Oh screw D'antoni system I don't give him any credit for the passing cause they weren't doing it before, this is a recent thing.
I believe that as long as they keep playing this style ball, they will win enough games to get in the playoffs.
Well pau is a good player but very inconsistent, you never know what hes gonna do, sometimes hes aggressive sometimes he backs off, so thats what I meant, I still would deal him if the right deal is on the table, hes not very happy on the bench.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60148 Jan 30, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime wrote:
Salary Dump, sammy must be thrilled, finally calderon is gone lol.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60149 Jan 30, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Salary Dump, sammy must be thrilled, finally calderon is gone lol.
hahaha yea I am disappointed he didn't go to the Lakers. Poor guy has to go to Deetoilet. With Fairness he was the longest lasting Rap left. I Welcome Gay , we need a finsher especially with these night after night one point losses and ot's.Sorry to see Ed Davis go. He was emerging. So Show you know full out the guy I really want to see gone is Bargs. He must sh*tting where they will send him. He is next unless BC has ran out of horseshoes.@ RR numbers mean nothing to me really its ability at the end of the day. There is still a change in my eyes in the league.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... Sep 14 egrg 131
Is Magic Johnson gay? Aug 29 sam 26
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Aug 27 NBA Fan 22
LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Tr... Aug 27 NBA Fan 7
Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in wh... Aug 23 lake4life 21
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul '14 naqib 2
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul '14 wertgh 2
•••
•••

Los Angeles Lakers People Search