|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

sammy wrote:
Thank god for the flopping rule.
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2...
well idk sam, everytime i see a high 5 that is the usual result..no high 5's in canada? lmao
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

*round of applause for bernie bickestaff*
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

bickerstaff*

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
id love for us to sign him, if we sign carroll instead of pietrus ill be super pissed lol but not surprised
It will come down to how much Pietrus wants and how much Carrol will take to sign.

I have a feeling Carrol will be cheaper.
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Judged:

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100% i believe mike d should be judged by how he does, not by the fact that he's not phil jackson
Well thats not why I am down on him, I just simply dont like his history about no defense, but I rather have him over mike brown, brown couldn't get these guys to play defense and hes a defensive coach that is like very scary.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2012

Source: D'Antoni considered adding Kurt Rambis to his staff as an olive branch to LAL fans salty about Phil. That was before Rambis torched D'Antoni in his role as an ESPN analyst for not developing bigs or essentially being the right guy to bolster LAL's defense. D'Antoni is a nice guy, but I don't know if he's nice enough to ignore all that. Sulia
Showtime

Agoura Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Dwhite12 wrote:
Source: D'Antoni considered adding Kurt Rambis to his staff as an olive branch to LAL fans salty about Phil. That was before Rambis torched D'Antoni in his role as an ESPN analyst for not developing bigs or essentially being the right guy to bolster LAL's defense. D'Antoni is a nice guy, but I don't know if he's nice enough to ignore all that. Sulia
THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
your absolutely right, and with your big upside point, that's the whole reason i threw out his name, his style will be great for our offense. With d12 at the rim im not concerned. but he does have a lot to prove, a lot!
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

death wish? dude should have stayed retired. so sad

The much-anticipated return of Brandon Roy to the Rose Garden will not happen this week after the Minnesota guard and former Trail Blazers legend has scheduled a right knee surgery for this week, The Oregonian has learned. The arthroscopy will be the seventh of his career, dating back to high school, and the fifth since he has been a professional. It is unknown how long Roy will be sidelined. Oregonian
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Fish to the mavs?

The Mavericks are desperate for more consistent point-guard play. They understand one intriguing name remains on the open market grizzled veteran Derek Fisher. There has been no move so far to kick the tires on Fisher because owner Mark Cuban said before the Cleveland game that he and the coaching staff want to give the current group every chance to show what they can do. Dallas Morning News
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

D'Antoni told reporters before the game that Bickerstaff would remain on his staff for the remainder of the season. "That's nice to know," Bickerstaff said, when informed of D'Antoni's plans to keep him as an assistant coach. ESPN.com

i like this decision and would also like him to still bring in mcmillan
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

I am afraid Magic was right d'Antoni is not the right coach for LA. All offense and little defense is not going to do it in the NBA.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
Rambis wouldn't fit in his staff, cause he doesn't share his mentality, so both are better off and save them selves on headaches
on how things should go.

Rambis doesn't respect D'Antoni style cause the style that Rambis was in recently under beat D'Antoni's style and it is hard to try to argue that with Rambis all he needs to do is, have You look at the rings on his fingers and the conversation ends.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
your absolutely right, and with your big upside point, that's the whole reason i threw out his name, his style will be great for our offense. With d12 at the rim im not concerned. but he does have a lot to prove, a lot!
You do need to understand that if D12 doesn't get love offense side he is not going to give You his best defending the ring, plus the Lakers will have really work on their transition D if they want to play any kind of D, and with all those old guys on the Team good luck.
I think they will play less and less D as the season goes on and they burn out.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry did it an hurry, TAKE 2!

You do need to understand that if D12 doesn't get love on the offensive side he is not going to give You his best at defending the ring, plus the Lakers will have to really work on their transition D if they want to play any kind of D, and with all those old guys on the Team good luck.
I think they will play less and less D as the season goes on and they burn out.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
Don't forget that D'Antoni has better defensive personal now than he did when he was with the Suns and Knicks. What he did to the Knicks was made crazy trades to make room to try to get Lebron and in process made the Knicks worst for 3 years. The fact that the players said they like him may be a good sign, but we all know that wins alwatys keep players and fans smiling. Like you said we are stuck with him and until otherwise I'm going to stand by him and support him to prove me wrong. Offense looked good last night and the defense was ok. Still a long season to improve the defensive side and next up on the list are the Brookyn Nets.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

Kurt Rambis is flat out a better coach than D'Antoni.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambis wouldn't fit in his staff, cause he doesn't share his mentality, so both are better off and save them selves on headaches
on how things should go.
Rambis doesn't respect D'Antoni style cause the style that Rambis was in recently under beat D'Antoni's style and it is hard to try to argue that with Rambis all he needs to do is, have You look at the rings on his fingers and the conversation ends.
I was just going to say that Rambis doesn't like D'Antoni's style of play because he said it in a interview the day after he was hired. You stole my post lol. Just kidding. The offensve looks like it's starting to wake up and Kobe even got a triple double. Take that Lebron lol. I hope they run only when the opportuninties comes because like you said the older players will burn out quickly. Just have to find that balance.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100% i believe mike d should be judged by how he does, not by the fact that he's not phil jackson
You know how things are in L.A especially when it comes to the Lakers. If the fans and media know they have a good team they expect whoever the coach is to come in and give results right away. Like we said before we are both Yankee fans and some fans are very impatient. Mike Brown was doomed from the begining especially since he was replacing Phil who has the rings and the swagger to make people listen when he talks.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2012

Judged:

The Lakers are doing quite well with Bernie Bickerstaff but he does not want to be head coach of LA. Buss made a big mistake in D'Antoni.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••