Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58620 Nov 16, 2012
*round of applause for bernie bickestaff*
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58621 Nov 16, 2012
bickerstaff*

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58622 Nov 17, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
id love for us to sign him, if we sign carroll instead of pietrus ill be super pissed lol but not surprised
It will come down to how much Pietrus wants and how much Carrol will take to sign.

I have a feeling Carrol will be cheaper.
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#58623 Nov 18, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100% i believe mike d should be judged by how he does, not by the fact that he's not phil jackson
Well thats not why I am down on him, I just simply dont like his history about no defense, but I rather have him over mike brown, brown couldn't get these guys to play defense and hes a defensive coach that is like very scary.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58624 Nov 18, 2012
Source: D'Antoni considered adding Kurt Rambis to his staff as an olive branch to LAL fans salty about Phil. That was before Rambis torched D'Antoni in his role as an ESPN analyst for not developing bigs or essentially being the right guy to bolster LAL's defense. D'Antoni is a nice guy, but I don't know if he's nice enough to ignore all that. Sulia
Showtime

Agoura Hills, CA

#58626 Nov 19, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Source: D'Antoni considered adding Kurt Rambis to his staff as an olive branch to LAL fans salty about Phil. That was before Rambis torched D'Antoni in his role as an ESPN analyst for not developing bigs or essentially being the right guy to bolster LAL's defense. D'Antoni is a nice guy, but I don't know if he's nice enough to ignore all that. Sulia
THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58627 Nov 19, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
your absolutely right, and with your big upside point, that's the whole reason i threw out his name, his style will be great for our offense. With d12 at the rim im not concerned. but he does have a lot to prove, a lot!
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58628 Nov 19, 2012
death wish? dude should have stayed retired. so sad

The much-anticipated return of Brandon Roy to the Rose Garden will not happen this week after the Minnesota guard and former Trail Blazers legend has scheduled a right knee surgery for this week, The Oregonian has learned. The arthroscopy will be the seventh of his career, dating back to high school, and the fifth since he has been a professional. It is unknown how long Roy will be sidelined. Oregonian
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58629 Nov 19, 2012
Fish to the mavs?

The Mavericks are desperate for more consistent point-guard play. They understand one intriguing name remains on the open market grizzled veteran Derek Fisher. There has been no move so far to kick the tires on Fisher because owner Mark Cuban said before the Cleveland game that he and the coaching staff want to give the current group every chance to show what they can do. Dallas Morning News
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58630 Nov 19, 2012
D'Antoni told reporters before the game that Bickerstaff would remain on his staff for the remainder of the season. "That's nice to know," Bickerstaff said, when informed of D'Antoni's plans to keep him as an assistant coach. ESPN.com

i like this decision and would also like him to still bring in mcmillan
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#58631 Nov 19, 2012
I am afraid Magic was right d'Antoni is not the right coach for LA. All offense and little defense is not going to do it in the NBA.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58633 Nov 19, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Source: D'Antoni considered adding Kurt Rambis to his staff as an olive branch to LAL fans salty about Phil. That was before Rambis torched D'Antoni in his role as an ESPN analyst for not developing bigs or essentially being the right guy to bolster LAL's defense. D'Antoni is a nice guy, but I don't know if he's nice enough to ignore all that. Sulia
Rambis wouldn't fit in his staff, cause he doesn't share his mentality, so both are better off and save them selves on headaches
on how things should go.

Rambis doesn't respect D'Antoni style cause the style that Rambis was in recently under beat D'Antoni's style and it is hard to try to argue that with Rambis all he needs to do is, have You look at the rings on his fingers and the conversation ends.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58634 Nov 19, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
your absolutely right, and with your big upside point, that's the whole reason i threw out his name, his style will be great for our offense. With d12 at the rim im not concerned. but he does have a lot to prove, a lot!
You do need to understand that if D12 doesn't get love offense side he is not going to give You his best defending the ring, plus the Lakers will have really work on their transition D if they want to play any kind of D, and with all those old guys on the Team good luck.
I think they will play less and less D as the season goes on and they burn out.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58635 Nov 19, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
your absolutely right, and with your big upside point, that's the whole reason i threw out his name, his style will be great for our offense. With d12 at the rim im not concerned. but he does have a lot to prove, a lot!
Sorry did it an hurry, TAKE 2!

You do need to understand that if D12 doesn't get love on the offensive side he is not going to give You his best at defending the ring, plus the Lakers will have to really work on their transition D if they want to play any kind of D, and with all those old guys on the Team good luck.
I think they will play less and less D as the season goes on and they burn out.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58636 Nov 19, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> THis guy will have to prove many people wrong, theres a reason why many are not happy about it.... I still dont think hes the right hire but we are stuck with him now,so moving on....Mike brown too nice to be a head coach, hes great for young talent not for older egos, Dantoni probably has a bit more backbone and can handle egos but, he plays a system players love, at least we will see improvement at offense since its been busted the last 2 or 3 seasons, even when phil was there, so I suppose thats a big upside to this.
Don't forget that D'Antoni has better defensive personal now than he did when he was with the Suns and Knicks. What he did to the Knicks was made crazy trades to make room to try to get Lebron and in process made the Knicks worst for 3 years. The fact that the players said they like him may be a good sign, but we all know that wins alwatys keep players and fans smiling. Like you said we are stuck with him and until otherwise I'm going to stand by him and support him to prove me wrong. Offense looked good last night and the defense was ok. Still a long season to improve the defensive side and next up on the list are the Brookyn Nets.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#58637 Nov 19, 2012
Kurt Rambis is flat out a better coach than D'Antoni.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58638 Nov 19, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Rambis wouldn't fit in his staff, cause he doesn't share his mentality, so both are better off and save them selves on headaches
on how things should go.
Rambis doesn't respect D'Antoni style cause the style that Rambis was in recently under beat D'Antoni's style and it is hard to try to argue that with Rambis all he needs to do is, have You look at the rings on his fingers and the conversation ends.
I was just going to say that Rambis doesn't like D'Antoni's style of play because he said it in a interview the day after he was hired. You stole my post lol. Just kidding. The offensve looks like it's starting to wake up and Kobe even got a triple double. Take that Lebron lol. I hope they run only when the opportuninties comes because like you said the older players will burn out quickly. Just have to find that balance.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58639 Nov 19, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree 100% i believe mike d should be judged by how he does, not by the fact that he's not phil jackson
You know how things are in L.A especially when it comes to the Lakers. If the fans and media know they have a good team they expect whoever the coach is to come in and give results right away. Like we said before we are both Yankee fans and some fans are very impatient. Mike Brown was doomed from the begining especially since he was replacing Phil who has the rings and the swagger to make people listen when he talks.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#58640 Nov 19, 2012
The Lakers are doing quite well with Bernie Bickerstaff but he does not want to be head coach of LA. Buss made a big mistake in D'Antoni.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58642 Nov 19, 2012
sammy wrote:
Thank god for the flopping rule.
http://www.nba.com/video/channels/originals/2...
What's up bro. Here are my winners for tonight. Pissers over Wizards Of Waverly Place, Deer over Kitty Litter, Buzzards over Tragic, Pandas over Chicke Nuggets, Horses over Warriors, Sperms over Slippers, Spazz over Sprockets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... Sun egrg 131
Is Magic Johnson gay? Aug 29 sam 26
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Aug 27 NBA Fan 22
LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Tr... Aug 27 NBA Fan 7
Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in wh... Aug 23 lake4life 21
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul '14 naqib 2
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... Jul '14 wertgh 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Los Angeles Lakers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••