First Prev
of 3686
Next Last
Showtime

United States

#1 Nov 6, 2007
Hey guys I know some of you are gonna be down on them tonight and probably very frustrated but lets assume the hornets are that good there now what 4-0, the lakers were missing 3 key players including their second best player. The effort I thought was there but the intelligence on defense was not, they should have played paul the way they play nash, cover his weapons, that I was upset with how many times are you gonna let peja and some of these other guys burn you, so what let paul score 30 if it disrupts their offense thats a good thing, if he burns you put his ass on the floor make him earn his free throws. The lakers could have used lamar but we will have him back soon, so lets not be too down, good team 3 key players from the rotation were missing, and this is only the 4th game plenty of time to learn.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#2 Nov 6, 2007
Showtime wrote:
Hey guys I know some of you are gonna be down on them tonight and probably very frustrated but lets assume the hornets are that good there now what 4-0, the lakers were missing 3 key players including their second best player. The effort I thought was there but the intelligence on defense was not, they should have played paul the way they play nash, cover his weapons, that I was upset with how many times are you gonna let peja and some of these other guys burn you, so what let paul score 30 if it disrupts their offense thats a good thing, if he burns you put his ass on the floor make him earn his free throws. The lakers could have used lamar but we will have him back soon, so lets not be too down, good team 3 key players from the rotation were missing, and this is only the 4th game plenty of time to learn.
yeh i am annoyed, i dont know, i just get so down psycologically when they lose, but i then i get over it the next day, ur right we didnt have odom, but we still cuda won if we played better D! was too bad we just did have enough stops! yeh actually what was wrong with kwame?? i kno odom was hurt, and had he been there i wud like to think we wuda had a better chance of winning. the hornets are very good, really its all about chris paul. but i mean peja getting 10 3's, OUCH! ur right we did need to play paul like nash, we will remember next time we play them! gotta move on and get ready for t'wolves, they are playing well, and they are young so they dont know any better. so we will have to be on our toes, hopefully we will be injected with some fuel with the return of both kwame and odom. i assume kwame will be ok by then! we were missing evans tonight as well yes?
Showtime

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeh i am annoyed, i dont know, i just get so down psycologically when they lose, but i then i get over it the next day, ur right we didnt have odom, but we still cuda won if we played better D! was too bad we just did have enough stops! yeh actually what was wrong with kwame?? i kno odom was hurt, and had he been there i wud like to think we wuda had a better chance of winning. the hornets are very good, really its all about chris paul. but i mean peja getting 10 3's, OUCH! ur right we did need to play paul like nash, we will remember next time we play them! gotta move on and get ready for t'wolves, they are playing well, and they are young so they dont know any better. so we will have to be on our toes, hopefully we will be injected with some fuel with the return of both kwame and odom. i assume kwame will be ok by then! we were missing evans tonight as well yes?
The thing is hornets are new, one one really knows the hornets for being that good, alot of people dont know how good paul is, and his shooters are good too, well put together team the lakers will be ready for them next time, they totally didnt play them right way, thats what it was, effort was good, they actually played a good game they just really messed up with there coverage of shooters, norm nixon said it and hes well respected analyst, and phil himself even said he thought they played fine, he didnt think it was a bad effort, I think that tells me phil believes he made a mistake strategy wise, and your missing 2 starters and evans, 3 key players against a good team, so im not too down on this loss.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#4 Nov 7, 2007
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing is hornets are new, one one really knows the hornets for being that good, alot of people dont know how good paul is, and his shooters are good too, well put together team the lakers will be ready for them next time, they totally didnt play them right way, thats what it was, effort was good, they actually played a good game they just really messed up with there coverage of shooters, norm nixon said it and hes well respected analyst, and phil himself even said he thought they played fine, he didnt think it was a bad effort, I think that tells me phil believes he made a mistake strategy wise, and your missing 2 starters and evans, 3 key players against a good team, so im not too down on this loss.
yeh ill agree with you buddy, yeh i agree, i wasnt able to watch the game today, but i saw on good old gamecast on espn.com back to reading play by play, its something anyway...lol, and they seemed to be playing well and scoring the ball, i mean we got 104 points, im never concerned about the offence, if we had just defended them better, we wuda been ok! we saw in the second quarter that we knuckled down and we got back in it, we did well early 3rd quarter too, but then the hornets just got on a ROLL! but yeh with odom and kwame, we wuda been better defensivly! just think odom wud been on peja! his length wud help and kwame is much better at defending guys like west in the post. anyway, we cant do anything about it now, lets move on to minnesota, a little easier maybe now that KG is gone, however, if you look at their first 3 games, they have really played well, so we need to be ready for them! im not saying this loss is good, but in a way i wud think it shud make the lakers work hard and want to get back in the winners column, instead of having won and then going into the wolves game feeling like 'we are better than they are' and 'we got odom back, so we will win, and we just have to show up and we got it' so they will be prepared i hope and fired up to win a game they SHOULD win.
Showtime

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
yeh ill agree with you buddy, yeh i agree, i wasnt able to watch the game today, but i saw on good old gamecast on espn.com back to reading play by play, its something anyway...lol, and they seemed to be playing well and scoring the ball, i mean we got 104 points, im never concerned about the offence, if we had just defended them better, we wuda been ok! we saw in the second quarter that we knuckled down and we got back in it, we did well early 3rd quarter too, but then the hornets just got on a ROLL! but yeh with odom and kwame, we wuda been better defensivly! just think odom wud been on peja! his length wud help and kwame is much better at defending guys like west in the post. anyway, we cant do anything about it now, lets move on to minnesota, a little easier maybe now that KG is gone, however, if you look at their first 3 games, they have really played well, so we need to be ready for them! im not saying this loss is good, but in a way i wud think it shud make the lakers work hard and want to get back in the winners column, instead of having won and then going into the wolves game feeling like 'we are better than they are' and 'we got odom back, so we will win, and we just have to show up and we got it' so they will be prepared i hope and fired up to win a game they SHOULD win.
Yeah exactly they should win on friday thats the first should win game they better handle it, yeah and in the hornets game I have no doubt they could have won them, this is weird I just cant say they played like crap the lakers just didnt stay on their shooters they put all there energy on paul, I think the hornets deserve credit I can see now why they were 3-0 coming in, im not down on this loss I know they could have won with the right strategy, so yeah friday no excuse they have to beat that team.
Showtime

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2007
Another note kobe still seems like he wants to be dealt, but he should take a good look at the bulls they are 0-4 yeah its early but not looking good, kobe may want to think twice about that move.
insidious

Riverside, CA

#7 Nov 7, 2007
The way I see it, the Hornets needed career games from their two best players to beat us. You can't win them all. We will get them next time.
Showtime

United States

#8 Nov 7, 2007
insidious wrote:
The way I see it, the Hornets needed career games from their two best players to beat us. You can't win them all. We will get them next time.
Exactly good point.
joe

Covina, CA

#9 Nov 7, 2007
the lakers shouldn't allow career best to anyone. They have potential in the defensive end and didn't show it last night. They looked like they were afraid to play defense. They need to be agressive. No excuses.. they played like sh*t. I love the lakers and it hurts to see them give up 118 points!
Showtime

United States

#10 Nov 7, 2007
joe wrote:
the lakers shouldn't allow career best to anyone. They have potential in the defensive end and didn't show it last night. They looked like they were afraid to play defense. They need to be agressive. No excuses.. they played like sh*t. I love the lakers and it hurts to see them give up 118 points!
I slightly disagree I thought the hornets were brilliant, the lakers had energy and played fairly well, there offense struggled a bit but it was effort that kept them in it, they were too worried about what paul was doing, I think it was a coaching error, and the hornets are 4-0 so lets not dismiss that, the game im looking at is the timberwolves game because thats a game were there really is no excuse they have to win that game, they are much better that the wolves, its the bad teams to keep an eye on because we know this teams history with playing to their opponents level. If they beat the bad teams, and compete well and show effort against the good teams they will be fine but its those bad teams that you gotta take care of.
insidious

Riverside, CA

#11 Nov 7, 2007
I haven't looked at the stat lines...

...but from watching the game, I think the problem was the Lakers fell in love with 3 pointers. The Lakers were shooting good, but the Hornets were shooting better. If we would have pounded the ball inside, we could have won that game, without any defense. To me it looks like the Hornets can not stop the inside game.

Next time. Just wait.
Showtime

United States

#12 Nov 7, 2007
insidious wrote:
I haven't looked at the stat lines...
...but from watching the game, I think the problem was the Lakers fell in love with 3 pointers. The Lakers were shooting good, but the Hornets were shooting better. If we would have pounded the ball inside, we could have won that game, without any defense. To me it looks like the Hornets can not stop the inside game.
Next time. Just wait.
the sad part is there were alot of openings, thats the good thing about this, even though the game ended in a double digit loss we all can see there was a way to win it, rather than say the lakers are just not good enough, you just get the feeling if they do certain things different they may win this without lamar.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#13 Nov 8, 2007
yeh i agree we had a chance to win, but they just played well, there is nothing you can do about it at times. im focused on minnesota and im looking forward to odom coming back. looks like he shud be ready to go!
Showtime

United States

#14 Nov 8, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
yeh i agree we had a chance to win, but they just played well, there is nothing you can do about it at times. im focused on minnesota and im looking forward to odom coming back. looks like he shud be ready to go!
OH yeah I agree I am totally focused on the next game just trying to make sure all laker fans arent so down over this last loss, the one I will be down on is the next game because its a team we should win.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#15 Nov 8, 2007
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
OH yeah I agree I am totally focused on the next game just trying to make sure all laker fans arent so down over this last loss, the one I will be down on is the next game because its a team we should win.
haha, speaking like a tru leader!
Showtime

United States

#16 Nov 8, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
haha, speaking like a tru leader!
Yeah man I will only tell it how I see it, im real about things so I will be honest.
joe

Covina, CA

#17 Nov 9, 2007
well i'm glad you only "slightly" disagree but the truth is that the lakers only played a 3 quarter game and allowed the hornets to win the 4th quarter. Their offense didn't struggle that much i mean, they scored 108 POINTS! Its their defense that allowed 118 points that failed. They shouldn't allow ANY nba team to score 118 points. That just says alot about your defense.

After Peja Stojacovic scored his first 5 3-pointers, why was there not a man ON him keeping him away from the 3 point line? That's just ridiculous!

Bottom line, their defense lost the game.. not their offense. And I mean their defense in the 4th quarter. They actually played decent defenst in the 1st half. But we all know, you gotta play 4 quarters!
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>
I slightly disagree I thought the hornets were brilliant, the lakers had energy and played fairly well, there offense struggled a bit but it was effort that kept them in it, they were too worried about what paul was doing, I think it was a coaching error, and the hornets are 4-0 so lets not dismiss that, the game im looking at is the timberwolves game because thats a game were there really is no excuse they have to win that game, they are much better that the wolves, its the bad teams to keep an eye on because we know this teams history with playing to their opponents level. If they beat the bad teams, and compete well and show effort against the good teams they will be fine but its those bad teams that you gotta take care of.
Showtime

United States

#18 Nov 9, 2007
joe wrote:
well i'm glad you only "slightly" disagree but the truth is that the lakers only played a 3 quarter game and allowed the hornets to win the 4th quarter. Their offense didn't struggle that much i mean, they scored 108 POINTS! Its their defense that allowed 118 points that failed. They shouldn't allow ANY nba team to score 118 points. That just says alot about your defense.
After Peja Stojacovic scored his first 5 3-pointers, why was there not a man ON him keeping him away from the 3 point line? That's just ridiculous!
Bottom line, their defense lost the game.. not their offense. And I mean their defense in the 4th quarter. They actually played decent defenst in the 1st half. But we all know, you gotta play 4 quarters!
<quoted text>
Yeah I know, but what im saying is this was a coaching error, seems to me phil just didn't put much focus on staying home on the shooters, if they can do it to the suns they should have done it to the hornets and it seemed like they played them without knowing what they were about, the positive I take from this is knowing the lakers were still very competitive even without odom,kwame and evans, in the past we might have blamed the whole thing on odom not being there but in this game I think it was clear better strategy on defense and you most likely pull out the win, I think what we can both agree on so far from what we have seen is this team does not suck if they play the right way, because the talent is there.
Kobe is 1

Sydney, Australia

#19 Nov 10, 2007
yeh good win, wasnt very pretty, i wasnt all that happy with the way we played, but you need to do enough to beat the bad teams and we did it tonight. a win is a win. but a big week coming up guys! spurs, rockets and pistons! we can beat all of those teams, and i believe we will show our best effort out there in all those games, but i dont want to lose all 3, but one game at a time, next up the spurs, im sure the lakers shud be ready to take on the champs. we played well with them last season.
Showtime

United States

#20 Nov 10, 2007
Kobe is 1 wrote:
yeh good win, wasnt very pretty, i wasnt all that happy with the way we played, but you need to do enough to beat the bad teams and we did it tonight. a win is a win. but a big week coming up guys! spurs, rockets and pistons! we can beat all of those teams, and i believe we will show our best effort out there in all those games, but i dont want to lose all 3, but one game at a time, next up the spurs, im sure the lakers shud be ready to take on the champs. we played well with them last season.
Yeah but all these days off worries me, I get the feeling there gonna come out flat, I was disappointed as you were, im glad we won but the effort wasnt all the way there on defense, but certainly better than what they would have done last year, I think phil is messing around with the substitutions way too much especially in this game, ok I dont have a problem with the starting 5 although I think bynum is the best center they have but other than that thats ok, but why does he go back to the old lineup later in putting walton in instead of odom, I thought that hurt the lakers, luke cannot guard bigger guys I dont know why cant he see that, and the lakers were having problems rebounding turiaf would have been a huge boost in the end, I hope phil stops getting cute and stops experimenting because that hurts the lakers, and the lakers need to stop these careless passes, you cant defend a turnover which is why the wolves stayed close.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3686
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Los Angeles Lakers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kevin Durant on Kobe Bryant: 'I'd want to play ... Dec 17 SKIPiNGARDENA 1
LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... Nov '14 LAKER4LIFE 1
Lakers vs. Rockets: Live updates from the 2014 ... Oct '14 Why 24 2
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents Oct '14 Big mike 17
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Oct '14 Sam 23
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... (May '14) Sep '14 cavas 132
Is Magic Johnson gay? (May '14) Aug '14 sam 26
More from around the web