Is Gilbert Arenas Different? Guns May...

Is Gilbert Arenas Different? Guns May be Rampant in NBA

There are 204 comments on the CBS News story from Jan 4, 2010, titled Is Gilbert Arenas Different? Guns May be Rampant in NBA. In it, CBS News reports that:

NEW YORK NBA star Gilbert Arenas may have used bad judgment when he pulled a gun on his Washington Wizards teammate during a locker room disagreement last week, but the right to bear arms, if not brandish them, seems strong amongst NBA players.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

fedupwiththemess

United States

#22 Jan 4, 2010
Billy Bob wrote:
These apes need to realize that they are not in "the hood" anymore. And that kids look up to them. Lets face it if they couldn't chase a stupid big orange ball around they would be selling crack on the corner back in "the hood". Bottom line they should be kicked out of the NBA. Put on an island with a bunch of bananas and let them go.
Your mammy is an ape...oh the comments we make hiding behind the security of a computer screen. Please walk into the NBA locker room...any one and say this to one of the players face. Please do it for me!!!! Jack as!!!!!
Billy Bob

Cabot, AR

#23 Jan 4, 2010
fedupwiththemess wrote:
<quoted text>Your mammy is an ape...oh the comments we make hiding behind the security of a computer screen. Please walk into the NBA locker room...any one and say this to one of the players face. Please do it for me!!!! Jack as!!!!!
If i pulled my gun on someone in the work place over money i would be fired and arrested...this is there work place. And as a side note why dont you(chickensh*t)put your name,address ect up here on this forum?.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#24 Jan 4, 2010
Irrational Rationalist wrote:
When did bearing arms become "uncivilized behavior", the right to bear arms is a right of all american citizens. Because the two ball players are Black makes it uncivilized? Thats laughable. It was a bone-headed thing to do as far as brandishing guns to settle a dispute, but in no way does race have anything to do with it. Was it uncivilized when the Columbine high school kids went on a rampage. I never heard that terminology used to describe them. The "Party Line" for the Right Wing Loonies is to PROMOTE bearing arms, now that two black men have done so, it's news. You people are clowns...especially, you "Pat"
Bearing arms legally is not uncivilized but was either one of these clowns defending their life when they pulled their guns out or was this the same old "he disrespected me" kind of stupidity we so often see in these sensless black shootings? Blacks often lack the personal discretion necessary to possess firearms and the daily behavior of blacks with their guns proves it.
Starlett Miller

Columbus, OH

#25 Jan 4, 2010
Irrational Rationalist wrote:
When did bearing arms become "uncivilized behavior", the right to bear arms is a right of all american citizens. Because the two ball players are Black makes it uncivilized? Thats laughable. It was a bone-headed thing to do as far as brandishing guns to settle a dispute, but in no way does race have anything to do with it. Was it uncivilized when the Columbine high school kids went on a rampage. I never heard that terminology used to describe them. The "Party Line" for the Right Wing Loonies is to PROMOTE bearing arms, now that two black men have done so, it's news. You people are clowns...especially, you "Pat"
Speaking of clowns...
How can you be so obtuse?

It is ridiculous to compare Columbine to a couple of ghetto thugs “keepin’ it real”
Everyone knows the color of violent crime in America except the “clowns” who fail to understand facts and figures.

And speaking of “clowns”… Again….

What is really “laughable” is your criminal cousins driving their clown cars with clown wheels while wearing clowns suits and listening to clown music.

Follow this link and review the information for THE LAST TEN YEARS and see who the real clowns are.

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/multimedia/158...

“Common Sense, How Refreshing!”

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#26 Jan 4, 2010
Too many people are criticizing the players for brandishing weapons, when their real crime is stupidity.

I don't have any problems with a person who is in the public light protecting themselves. I mean lets be realistic, these men and a lot of others make a lot of money and with the criminal element in our society, they could end up being stalked or kidnapped and if this was to happen you can guarantee the perpetrator would not be brandishing a slingshot.

However, the key element in carrying a weapon is education! The only time you should ever show your weapon is if you are in fear for your life and if you do pull your weapon, use it.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#27 Jan 4, 2010
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of clowns...
It is ridiculous to compare Columbine to a couple of ghetto thugs “keepin’ it real”
Everyone knows the color of violent crime in America except the “clowns” who fail to understand facts and figures.
What is really “laughable” is your criminal cousins driving their clown cars with clown wheels while wearing clowns suits and listening to clown music.
Follow this link and review the information for THE LAST TEN YEARS and see who the real clowns are.
Check this out. The best man in a wedding robs the dj after the reception! Same low IQ morally challenged insanity, different day. It's actually hard for me to even believe blacks can be this friggin dumb.- http://www.kvue.com/news/state/Police-Best-ma...
Chairman

Redondo Beach, CA

#28 Jan 4, 2010
this would be news if they pulled out their guns on the court
Billy Bob

Cabot, AR

#29 Jan 4, 2010
Czar of Logic wrote:
Too many people are criticizing the players for brandishing weapons, when their real crime is stupidity.
I don't have any problems with a person who is in the public light protecting themselves. I mean lets be realistic, these men and a lot of others make a lot of money and with the criminal element in our society, they could end up being stalked or kidnapped and if this was to happen you can guarantee the perpetrator would not be brandishing a slingshot.
However, the key element in carrying a weapon is education! The only time you should ever show your weapon is if you are in fear for your life and if you do pull your weapon, use it.
Its there DNA that makes them stupid.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#31 Jan 4, 2010
I find is puzzling why people still find interest in professional sports. I haven't since I was 16. Local HS and maybe some college stuff is fine but pro sports has long ago dwindled into a cesspool of money, drugs and condescension. Now, we've got the 'hood' inside of pro basketball. Leave folks. Just leave and the monsters won't have the money to keep this sham going. Starve it to death. Don't feed it any longer.

Lapeer, MI

#32 Jan 4, 2010
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of clowns...
Wow. It is plain as day why the American prison population is the race that it is. Black America needs a cultural epiphany very soon.

Since: Oct 08

United States

#34 Jan 4, 2010
When they pulled their pieces, did they hold them sideways, like in the rap videos?
Starlett Miller

Columbus, OH

#35 Jan 4, 2010
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. It is plain as day why the American prison population is the race that it is. Black America needs a cultural epiphany very soon.
There is a bunch of these and they all look the same.
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09001/951885-8...

I don't understand how so many intelligent blacks can ignore the facts.

Lapeer, MI

#37 Jan 4, 2010
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
The racist Jesse Sharptons are a curse to the black community at large. Bill Cosby is a national hero. Jesse Jackson's tombstone should later be located inside of a downtown Philadelphia bus station latrine. Same with Sharpton's but his should have a seat on it.

Lapeer, MI

#38 Jan 4, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
When they pulled their pieces, did they hold them sideways, like in the rap videos?
Do you mean like a phallic symbol?

Lapeer, MI

#39 Jan 4, 2010
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignoring of the facts is a form of denial that may take many generations to fix.

“It's 420 here.”

Since: Jun 07

cold comfort farm

#40 Jan 4, 2010
It is a mentality thing, rooted in cheating.
Years ago, I produced blues shows with the top artists: Muddy Waters, the Wolf, and many others. Everyone packed a gun. Why? Because they were doing someone else's old lady, and needed protection. No different today. NBA, NFL. Fame, fortune, and lots of women falling all over them.
The sad part is that kids see these people as role models. Role models, my azz!!!!!
Starlett Miller

Columbus, OH

#41 Jan 5, 2010
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The ignoring of the facts is a form of denial that may take many generations to fix.
Tolerance is acceptance.
Part of the problem is that many in the black community don't think this type of behavior is wrong.
Pat

North Granby, CT

#43 Jan 5, 2010
Starlett Miller wrote:
<quoted text>
Tolerance is acceptance.
Part of the problem is that many in the black community don't think this type of behavior is wrong.
That's because ones moral sense is as heritable as ones IQ and as groups people differ in these heritable traits.
OK Then

Newport News, VA

#45 Jan 5, 2010
in the hood...on the court....no difference.
fedupwiththemess

United States

#46 Jan 5, 2010
inbred Genius wrote:
Just like your mother holds hers.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Pacers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No Arrests After Downtown Shooting Leaves 1 Dea... Jan '17 Clean Phart 2
News Best Potential Trade Packages, Scenarios and La... (Feb '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 3
News The Latest: Protest, investigation in S. Caroli... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Concerned Parent 2
News Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... (Sep '14) Sep '14 johnnyj 1
News Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning (Aug '14) Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
News LeBron James leads Heat offense in 114-96 Game ... (May '13) Jul '14 where 3
News Wizards jump on Pacers early (May '14) May '14 Andrew 9
More from around the web