Is Gilbert Arenas Different? Guns May be Rampant in NBA

Full story: CBS News 204
NEW YORK NBA star Gilbert Arenas may have used bad judgment when he pulled a gun on his Washington Wizards teammate during a locker room disagreement last week, but the right to bear arms, if not brandish them, seems strong amongst NBA players. Full Story

Since: Oct 08

United States

#205 Jan 8, 2010
The four seasons in the hood....fishing, fckking, fighting, and firearms....
Pat

Granby, CT

#206 Jan 8, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah im offended,and until the racist people go away ima stay this way.
The only problem is that the negative bias whites have towards blacks as a group is justified by all the black criminal and violent behavior. Blacks need to clean up their act or get used to being looked down upon. Black behavior speaks for itself and it is black criminal behavior that is the wedge that divides the races.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#208 Jan 8, 2010
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
The only problem is that the negative bias whites have towards blacks as a group is justified by all the black criminal and violent behavior. Blacks need to clean up their act or get used to being looked down upon. Black behavior speaks for itself and it is black criminal behavior that is the wedge that divides the races.
I agree but let me add this: as long as black society keeps placing racist cons like Sharpton and Jackson on a pedestal while ignoring sincere, frank and honest leadership, then the sorry state of black prison populations will continue. And the annual NAACP Convention will continue to encourage racist backslapping, partying and foment separation of the races. Being black and telling the truth to black society is not a comfortable position to take on. Blacks need to stop whipping the messengers.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#211 Jan 9, 2010
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>black racist bit*h.
White racist bitch,im not racist.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#212 Jan 9, 2010
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text>mmm yer sorry i cant seem to recall the last time 2 white guys pulled guns on each other in a locker room.
So what,yall do other crazy sh!t that gets on my nerves and thats dangerous to society.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#213 Jan 9, 2010
jason f wrote:
<quoted text>Noone is saying black people commit all the crime. You cant deny though that blacks commit a large percentage of crime in the States and a large portion of that involves firearms.
Please dont say that,even if it might be true.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#214 Jan 9, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Please dont say that,even if it might be true.
Why not? Its a legitimate talking point thats in the news everyday.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#215 Jan 9, 2010
jason f wrote:
<quoted text>Why not? Its a legitimate talking point thats in the news everyday.
Im black,and its hard to here.

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#216 Jan 9, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
<quoted text>Im black,and its hard to here.
And thats the wrong attitude to have. To change things like that people have to face the facts and try to change things. The more the problem gets ignored the longer its going to last.
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#217 Jan 9, 2010
jason f wrote:
<quoted text> And thats the wrong attitude to have. To change things like that people have to face the facts and try to change things. The more the problem gets ignored the longer its going to last.
Thats true,i cant deny it,im wit you on that Jason.
Pat

Granby, CT

#218 Jan 10, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
What good does your denial serve?

Lapeer, MI

#219 Jan 10, 2010
Tiffany wrote:
I appreciate honesty and sincerity.

“I can see my house from here!”

Since: Oct 09

Nazareth, Israel

#220 Jan 10, 2010
shinningelectr0n wrote:
Being black and telling the truth to black society is not a comfortable position to take on. Blacks need to stop whipping the messengers.
Reminds me of when the black youth community sneered at Bill Cosby for castigating the tendency of today's black youth to gravitate toward "ghetto trash lingo", baggy pants that sag under their butts, and the attitude that speaking proper English and acquiring a decent education are something that only "Uncle Toms" do. I'm paraphrasing, but in essence that was what Cosby's message was.

He was roundly criticized by black youth for those remarks, and all he was trying to do was help his fellow blacks.

I'm an independent contractor that does a lot of work in poor, taxpayer-subsidized apartment communities. I see a lot of black folks that are hardworking, decent folks just like anybody else, they're just poor. I also see my share of blacks who are angry at the system, but are happy to be cradle-to-graved by the taxpayers and not do a thing to find an honest job. I also see my share of blacks who aren't bad people, they have just given up.

I have also seen many whites who exemplify each of the above examples I have just given, although at least where I live, it is primarily a black problem.

I agree that the Jesse Jacksons and Al Sharptons of this country do more to aggravate the problem than they to to alleviate it. They are nothing but liars and con men who enrich themselves by reverse racism. The black community desperately needs some real grassroots bootstrap activism and some real leadership - leaders who do more than just fan the flames of racial tension for the sole purpose of buying yet another Rolex.
Jimmy

United States

#221 Jan 10, 2010
Who is Gilbert Arenas.
Never heard of him.

Lapeer, MI

#222 Jan 10, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
Who is Gilbert Arenas.
Never heard of him.
You must have. You just mentioned his name:)
Billy Bob

Cabot, AR

#223 Jan 10, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
Who is Gilbert Arenas.
Never heard of him.
He is a stupid black piece oh crap that pulled a gun in a NBA locker room.
Jimmy

United States

#224 Jan 10, 2010
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have. You just mentioned his name:)
Such intelligence from Michigan.

Lapeer, MI

#225 Jan 10, 2010
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Such intelligence from Michigan.
Than You. I've got lots more to teach you:)
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#226 Jan 10, 2010
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
What good does your denial serve?
What good does you judging me serve?
Tiffany

Manhasset, NY

#227 Jan 10, 2010
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate honesty and sincerity.
Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Indiana Pacers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... Sep 22 johnnyj 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug '14 Mike Williams 1
LeBron James leads Heat offense in 114-96 Game ... (May '13) Jul '14 where 3
Wizards jump on Pacers early May '14 Andrew 9
Is Roy Hibbert Back to Form for Indiana Pacers? May '14 thebrownbol 1
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
Chicago Bulls Need to Solve Scoring Woes Before... Apr '14 Dingo 1

Indiana Pacers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE