Timberwolves' Al Jefferson suspended for two games after traffi...

Full story: TwinCities.com

Timberwolves power forward Al Jefferson will sit out the next two games without pay following Sunday's arrest for allegedly driving drunk, team officials said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Mar 1, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DWI

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Guess the only way someone could get a DWI now is if they are very stupid. 'Don't Drive Drunk' has been pounded in our heads since we're young. Therefore you must be a total idiot. Good job for matching the stereotype.
Jumping Jack Flash

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Is he blaming his Toyota???!!!

Because it has to be Toyota's fault!!!
Brazilian-JuJits u

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

This was the most interesting and exciting news I heard all year about the Timberwolves. Awesome!!
T-Bone

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

I didn't know "Big" Al had relatives at TwinCities.com . Anyone else getting arrested would have had a drunk driving headline instead of "Traffic Arrest". How about- Highest paid Timberwolf arrested for drunk driving. That would be a tad more accurate.

Since: Sep 08

Fort Madison, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

big al has a couple extra days to ge drunk now..
monroe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

That's about how long the average Joe Lunchbox would have spent in de-tox.
ron burgandy

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Monroe, dwi arrests dont go to detox....ever. so relax. The average joe can drop $60 on cab fares for a night out, cant this millionaire hire someone to drive him around. Unbelievable.
glen taylor

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

if we were in a playoff contender, no way i'd suspend him. but since we are a bunch of losers, why not reduce the pay role any way i can.
Wizconie

Deer Park, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

As the best player on that team who can blame him for hittin the bottle. The way they play I wonder how many others are drunk during the games.
he wants out

Waukesha, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

this is Al's way of saying I hate losing and I dont like my team. Time for me to go. So let's see how do I force my way out, get wasted and get caught. Good plan. Bye Al. Trade him for a couple #1's and rebuild, rebuild, rebuild, again, again, again. How long can the fans wait for a winner. Go get some players!!!
bdk

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

T-Bone wrote:
I didn't know "Big" Al had relatives at TwinCities.com . Anyone else getting arrested would have had a drunk driving headline instead of "Traffic Arrest". How about- Highest paid Timberwolf arrested for drunk driving. That would be a tad more accurate.
Actually "anyone else" probably wouldn't have a lead story online.
fracas

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

What a bunch of hypocrits most of these posters are. Jefferson f'ed up, and he admitted it. He is going to lose two games pay, which for him amounts to a few hundred thousand dollars (I am not asking you to feel sorry for him, they ALL make too much), so the cost to Jefferson is not insignificant. He will most likely get some sort of community service at sentencing, which will inconvenience him some more.

Jefferson has manned up and said that he was wrong and that it won't happen again. I, for one, take him at his word. If he drives drunk again, then I say throw the book at him. But I think this is his first screw up in the six years he has been in the NBA, and I don't think it is going to happen again. I didn't have my act completely together when I was 25 either.
jimbo

Avondale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Why would anyone want to go and watch an NBA game.
You are watching many players who are college sophmores and juniors who haven't honed their skills, nor are they mature enough to handle the responsibilities associated with being somewhat successful. Commissioner Stern and the rest of the NBA hierarchy should take another look and change the one and done approach. Quit dangling the money so these young men can finish their educations. In the 50's and 60's professional athletes finished their degrees. You are enabling people with poor judgement. Any other person would lose their job in the real world.
bdk

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

jimbo wrote:
Why would anyone want to go and watch an NBA game.
You are watching many players who are college sophmores and juniors who haven't honed their skills, nor are they mature enough to handle the responsibilities associated with being somewhat successful. Commissioner Stern and the rest of the NBA hierarchy should take another look and change the one and done approach. Quit dangling the money so these young men can finish their educations. In the 50's and 60's professional athletes finished their degrees. You are enabling people with poor judgement. Any other person would lose their job in the real world.
Yeah but for every f*ck up that thinks at 19 years old they can make it, you have a Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Kevin Druant. These guys bring MILLIONS to the NBA, what incentive would they have in keeping them in college for another year or two?
Elvis Aaron Presley

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

big al is a big drunk
Wolvesfan

Rochester, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

I don't think he is a drunk - he couldn't be the athlete he is if he drank a lot - I just think he got a bad case of the stupids that night. I really do't care that he goes out and ties one on, but retain a brain cell or two and get someone else to take you home. Don't get on the road drunk and endanger lives of innocent people. What a boneheaded move!
wtf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

ron burgandy wrote:
Monroe, dwi arrests dont go to detox....ever. so relax. The average joe can drop $60 on cab fares for a night out, cant this millionaire hire someone to drive him around. Unbelievable.
I agree! If I had Jefferson's money I'd be driven around in a limo 24/7!
Joe Stebo

Hopkins, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Can we leave the racial remarks out of this? Speeding seems to have become the habit of high paid players in town. I hope all the other athletes learn from these last three and drive respectfully.
New to Burg

Decorah, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Wow a quick apology and no whining about the consequences, no denial, no cover up. How refreshing

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2010

Judged:

Joe Stebo wrote:
Can we leave the racial remarks out of this? Speeding seems to have become the habit of high paid players in town. I hope all the other athletes learn from these last three and drive respectfully.
What racist remarks are you talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••