Jeremy Lin

Feb 12, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

As Steve Nash sees it, Jeremy Lin's incredible path from the bench to breakout star is a good, old-fashioned sports story: an underdog athlete playing well, sparking excitement and leading a struggling franchise to victories.

Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Nov 29, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lin MVP

Bakersfield, CA

#1 Feb 14, 2012
I agree. He is fun to watch. Jeremy Lin is what the NBA needs to boost it's viewing audience. I haven't been watch many games the past few years. But I got really jazzed with J-Lin blew up the Lakers for 38 points. I started a website for Jeremy Lin because I think he will draw alot of attention globally and be a huge success, see at http://www.linmvp.com . Only time will tell.
Sandokan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Feb 15, 2012
Lin MVP wrote:
I agree. He is fun to watch. Jeremy Lin is what the NBA needs to boost it's viewing audience. I haven't been watch many games the past few years. But I got really jazzed with J-Lin blew up the Lakers for 38 points. I started a website for Jeremy Lin because I think he will draw alot of attention globally and be a huge success, see at http://www.linmvp.com . Only time will tell.
I love the Lin story! I was getting sick of the NBA: the thuggish/hip hop mentality, the epidemic with the kids out of wedlock all over the place, the tatoos ... just overall lack of real positive characters in the NBA. Lin's clean cut, intelligent, well-spoken.

He's been the breath of fresh air the fans have been waiting for.

With the emergence of Lin, this is exposing the poor scouting system of the NBA. There has to be more Lins out there ... not just Asians, but there has to be whites or Hispanics out there who could outplay the malcontents that's contaminating the NBA. Just look at the infiltration of European talents into the NBA.

Scouting system have to stop the non-black racial profiling.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#3 Feb 16, 2012
Affirmative action has kept many whites out of the NBA, they want to take care of the minorities first. It is a crime, I agreed there need to be more whites in the NBA. Whites make up 55% of the countries population yet the NBA has only 15% white Americans if that. Something is wrong. We do not need that many blacks all they bring is showboating and playground BB not real BB . People want to see real BB even the blacks tell me that. That old payground and showboating is old and boring.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2012
I rather see team players like LJ, Nash,Chris Paul,Deron Williams, John Wall and Derek Rose play better than Kobe and Melo, both notorious hogs.

Since: Feb 12

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#7 Feb 18, 2012
Dude this guy is for real! He is the shizz!!!
mrclutch

Davis, CA

#8 Feb 18, 2012
Ginny

Hammonton, NJ

#9 Feb 19, 2012
I love Jeremy Lin
Doesn't anyone find it ironic that he's playing in MSG?
Mizz BizzyBody

Rochester, NY

#11 Feb 20, 2012
Lin LOVES MSG in his Linguini

he is Lin Diesel

The LinBall Wizard

Duh, Linning!!

Just Lin Baby!

The Linderella Story
fungirlinluv

Lowell, MA

#12 Feb 22, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
Affirmative action has kept many whites out of the NBA, they want to take care of the minorities first. It is a crime, I agreed there need to be more whites in the NBA. Whites make up 55% of the countries population yet the NBA has only 15% white Americans if that. Something is wrong. We do not need that many blacks all they bring is showboating and playground BB not real BB . People want to see real BB even the blacks tell me that. That old payground and showboating is old and boring.
Are you joking or really that clueless? do you actually believe that the NBA has Affirmative Action (and THAT's the reason for the racial makeup of the players)? If so, then let me enlighten you - the NBA does not have any sort of affirmative action policy - that doesn't even make sense when you think about how players are drafted.

The irony is that given your opinions, you should be a proponent of affirmative action in the NBA because that could help increase the number of white players. lol.
PatrickChewing

Mountain View, CA

#13 Feb 22, 2012
fungirlinluv wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you joking or really that clueless? do you actually believe that the NBA has Affirmative Action (and THAT's the reason for the racial makeup of the players)? If so, then let me enlighten you - the NBA does not have any sort of affirmative action policy - that doesn't even make sense when you think about how players are drafted.
The irony is that given your opinions, you should be a proponent of affirmative action in the NBA because that could help increase the number of white players. lol.
The person behind the Snowflake persona is a troll who intentionally says outrageous things to amuse himself by annoying other people. I am pretty sure he is also the person behind the "Ginobili" persona and a few other people says he also posts under the name "Old Jew"
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#14 Feb 23, 2012
Not enough white players in the NBA and too many blacks? Let's bring up one of the few Asians in the game instead. Jeremy Lin is heads and shoulders above most of the point guards in the league. And yet it hasn't gone to his head. No showboating and strictly honest interviews give us a glowing picture of this fine young Harvard grad with the quick hands and uncanny instincts. Let him be the first of a long Lin-eage of Asian standouts. He is certainly a great role model for young boys interested in the game.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#15 Feb 23, 2012
Like Floyd Meriweather said, if Lin was black he would not even be in the NBA. He is just a token Chinese that Stern put in there to stimulate interest in China and the Asian market for basketball.
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#16 Feb 23, 2012
For the integrity of the game, kick him out of the NBA and let him work at a laundry.
fungirlinluv

Hingham, MA

#17 Feb 23, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
Like Floyd Meriweather said, if Lin was black he would not even be in the NBA. He is just a token Chinese that Stern put in there to stimulate interest in China and the Asian market for basketball.
You still haven't explained how you've come to the conclusion that the NBA has an affirmative action policy.(do you even know how affirmative action works or understand the concept?)

So the token Chinese that was just inserted into the NBA to fuel interest is scoring how many points?
fungirlinluv

Hingham, MA

#18 Feb 23, 2012
PatrickChewing wrote:
<quoted text>The person behind the Snowflake persona is a troll who intentionally says outrageous things to amuse himself by annoying other people. I am pretty sure he is also the person behind the "Ginobili" persona and a few other people says he also posts under the name "Old Jew"
You are probably right, but his "arguments" are so clueless that it is amusing and his desparate attempts to offend are so pathetic as to almost, almost garner sympathy.
Sandokan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Feb 24, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
For the integrity of the game, kick him out of the NBA and let him work at a laundry.
For the integrity of topix, quit making foolish statements.
Angel

Newark, NJ

#20 Feb 24, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
Affirmative action has kept many whites out of the NBA, they want to take care of the minorities first. It is a crime, I agreed there need to be more whites in the NBA. Whites make up 55% of the countries population yet the NBA has only 15% white Americans if that. Something is wrong. We do not need that many blacks all they bring is showboating and playground BB not real BB . People want to see real BB even the blacks tell me that. That old payground and showboating is old and boring.
Hmmmm...sorta like Golf?
Angel

Newark, NJ

#21 Feb 24, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
Like Floyd Meriweather said, if Lin was black he would not even be in the NBA. He is just a token Chinese that Stern put in there to stimulate interest in China and the Asian market for basketball.
What the hell???...Are you for real...???
Snowflake

San Francisco, CA

#22 Feb 24, 2012
For the most part even the blacks are token players,many whites are much better than them but are not in the NBA because Stern thinks that the black type of playing is more entertaining and bring more fans and money. That playground ball does not win games, when they tried that stuff in international competition they lost their butts. Then later they(National Team) started playing team and they started winning in international competition again.
Sandokan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 Feb 24, 2012
Snowflake wrote:
For the most part even the blacks are token players,many whites are much better than them but are not in the NBA because Stern thinks that the black type of playing is more entertaining and bring more fans and money. That playground ball does not win games, when they tried that stuff in international competition they lost their butts. Then later they(National Team) started playing team and they started winning in international competition again.
Now, I totally agree with you here! You've gotten wiser in a matter of hours.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Rockets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Lin ruined by the Rockets, but Coach of ... Wed NBA Fan 7
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Wed NBA Fan 22
Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever Aug 8 Go Blue Forever 3
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul '14 naqib 2
Where Free Agent LeBron James Will Take His Tal... Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
NBA Free Agency Day 2: Carmelo Anthony Gets Win... Jul '14 shahrukhsklove 1
NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... May '14 Ginobili 2
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Houston Rockets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••