Jeremy Lin begins workouts with Rockets

Sep 18, 2012 Full story: WQXI-AM Atlanta 6

The 6-foot-3 point guard, who became an international phenomenon during one dazzling month with the Knicks last season, went through his first workout with the Houston Rockets on Tuesday.

Full Story
Fishes

Mountain View, CA

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Good luck to him. Here is a excerpt from another article I read. I hope he stays grounded.

By March 11, 2012, Jeremy wrote in his diary,ďIím slowly losing my happiness. Iím too focused on getting good stats, winning games, and living up to Linsanity.Ē He says,ďThis is when I realized how empty the things of this world could beÖIíve been to the top of the world. Iíve had my dream come true, and more than my dream come true. But it wasnít enough. I had [everything I thought I wanted], but Iím not satisfying. Now I just want more. I want a championship. And if I win the championship, I want another one the next year. If I live like this, if I base my identity on how many points I score, how much money I have, how many games we win, I will never, ever be satisfied. If you chase the things of this world, you will never be satisfied either.ĒI had what I thought would satisfy me. I had my dream. Two years ago, when I was stuck in the depths of the D-league, all I wanted was to establish myself as an NBA player. Iíve done that, but itís not enough, and it didnít bring me the joy I thought it would."
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#2 Sep 19, 2012
"Fishes" you read deep into JL. Kings Solomon and David also said simliar things in their writings.
Yes the world is empty, we should be sheeps chasing after God our shepherd .
Snook

Calgary, Canada

#3 Sep 19, 2012
Lyn is average but good for Houston.
angela

West Covina, CA

#4 Sep 19, 2012
Even if there are several new players, such as Jeremy Lamb, Toney Douglas, Asik Omer, and Chandler Parsons, added to the Houston Rockets, they have the drive to do their best and gain fame for their new team. Rather than depending on only one player to lead the team, I hope the fans will understand that teamwork is the key to success. So instead of only cheering for Jeremy Lin, let us cheer for the entire team as a whole. Luckily, Jeremy Lin is not the type to hog the ball and works well in playing with the team. If you look at the Lakers and the heat, they both have star players like Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. Although they and their teams are both great players, it is difficult to win the championships if everyone relies on a single player. Lebron James has been playing for 7 years yet he has barely won a single championship. If their teams had better teamwork and took some of the load off of their shoulders, I am sure they would have won plenty more games. So what I'm trying to say is that if the Rockets work together as a team and play well this year, they have a chance to rise among the top.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#5 Sep 19, 2012
angela wrote:
Even if there are several new players, such as Jeremy Lamb, Toney Douglas, Asik Omer, and Chandler Parsons, added to the Houston Rockets, they have the drive to do their best and gain fame for their new team. Rather than depending on only one player to lead the team, I hope the fans will understand that teamwork is the key to success. So instead of only cheering for Jeremy Lin, let us cheer for the entire team as a whole. Luckily, Jeremy Lin is not the type to hog the ball and works well in playing with the team. If you look at the Lakers and the heat, they both have star players like Kobe Bryant and Lebron James. Although they and their teams are both great players, it is difficult to win the championships if everyone relies on a single player. Lebron James has been playing for 7 years yet he has barely won a single championship. If their teams had better teamwork and took some of the load off of their shoulders, I am sure they would have won plenty more games. So what I'm trying to say is that if the Rockets work together as a team and play well this year, they have a chance to rise among the top.
All that ludicrous mess to end with a no-brainer generalization? Seriously, if ANY team works together and plays well they too will have a chance to rise among the top and not just in the NBA but in ANY SPORT played in the entire world! Hell, attribute that to anything team oriented including business.

Give it up already Angelinoflake.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#6 Sep 19, 2012
Many on this board think the way I do, Jusayin. Angela knows about BB than you ever did. Yes team work and being unselfish.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Rockets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Oct 2 Sam 23
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... Sep '14 cavas 132
Jeremy Lin ruined by the Rockets, but Coach of ... (Mar '14) Aug '14 NBA Fan 7
Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul '14 naqib 2
Where Free Agent LeBron James Will Take His Tal... Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
NBA Free Agency Day 2: Carmelo Anthony Gets Win... Jul '14 shahrukhsklove 1

Houston Rockets People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE